Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So whats happens if there is no Ready Now sprint store in my area? Does that mean that store won't be getting a Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Dude...your signature is sheer brilliance...I was tapping at my screen incessantly. Then I was laughing at myself.
    I remember doing the same the first time I saw his sig...

DAMN YOU kilofoxtrot!
    Just talked to someone at telesales. She told me that they received some information, a memo, saying that they, the employees of Sprint, won't be able to purchase the Palm Pre until after the initial launch some time in June or July even. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Not sure of the validity of her statement but hey it's all speculation at this point.
    It was only a few days ago that I was talking to Sprint customer support and I was told I could order via telesales or the web. If they are taking that option away then at least it is good to know up front. Guess I'll be hiking over to my local Sprint store on the Saturday in the hope that I can snag a Pre. Still, as a Premier customer I was hoping that we'd have some kind of inside edge
    I feel like Sprint/Palm are both effing up this launch big time.

First you could order online on launch date, now you cant. First it was over 300K units, now is much less. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So whats happens if there is no Ready Now sprint store in my area? Does that mean that store won't be getting a Pre?
    Not until they have it online or via telesales, apparently.
    At this point it sounds like a frenzy at stores that will stock it. I am glad I have options people who are willing to wait at other stores for me. Hope this increases my chances of getting it launch day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Just talked to someone at telesales. She told me that they received some information, a memo, saying that they, the employees of Sprint, won't be able to purchase the Palm Pre until after the initial launch some time in June or July even. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Not sure of the validity of her statement but hey it's all speculation at this point.
    Make sense to me - that's the way it should be (and typically is at any type of retail outlet for a hot product).

Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    I feel like Sprint/Palm are both effing up this launch big time.

First you could order online on launch date, now you cant. First it was over 300K units, now is much less. Ugh.
    I don't - there has obviously been a change in the supply chain in the last few weeks and they want to ensure they have these at the "point-of-sale" locations. It may very well work itself out once June 6th comes and goes but they need to have these at as many stores as possible - and a good number at each store.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Telesales said a week ago they would call me to order the phone. Evidently, my "premier" status (whatever THAT means!) only shows up as a note in my Sprint file. Do the local stores have access to all the files that telesales has?

I have been with Sprint for over 15 years and I think they totally screwed up this whole launch. And they are trying to KEEP their customers!? I think they are doing everything they can to drive them away.

I am even thinking about dropping Sprint now and moving to the iphone.
    now this annoying

i have 4 lines at sprint - One is eligible for upgrade on 7/1 and one is currently available (S|P customer) but none are on my line as for some reason they did not make my number the master account

So I called and spoke to Sprint yesterday to see about either making mine the master account so I would get the 7/1 upgrade or inquire about using the one that is currently available.

They initially said sure but I would loose the $100 MIR unless I keep the phone on the "upgraded line" for 30 days. Seeing this as ridiculous as they are not loosing a phone and they are getting a contract extension out of it I protested. Been a customer for 11 years and they currently bleed me for $180 a month.

They finally said they would give me an instant rebate but I would have to order the phone through telesales on 7/6

I got the agent I spoke to name and "logon" id.

This is f'ing tiring dealing with this company.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just did an online chat with a Sprint rep and she confirmed the only way to get a Pre on June 6th was to go to a Sprint Store, Best Buy or Walmart (no mention of Radio Shack).

I think this is pretty annoying and is indicative of the image that Sprint is scrambling. No television ads, low supply and now you have to go to a store. They're f*cking this up. Is supply really that low?! I wanted to avoid the stupid activation fee, but I guess I'll just have to complain my way out of it.

Funny that the ultimate connected web phone must be purchased at a physical store. Pretty annoying Sprint.
    Last edited by onionion; 05/28/2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Ridiculous. I guess that seals it for me, I will be "pre-less" until I can order it online. Blessing in disguise I guess...I am out of town for the next two weeks anyway. Dan Hesse - booo!!! Put me in charge, I will take his $1M+ salary and make some BETTER changes!
    Quote Originally Posted by latinmaxima View Post
    At this point it sounds like a frenzy at stores that will stock it. I am glad I have options people who are willing to wait at other stores for me. Hope this increases my chances of getting it launch day...
    How are these people waiting in line for you going to order the phone for you? I hope you're not planning to run to the store once they make it to the counter?
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    I just did an online chat with a Sprint rep and she confirmed the only way to get a Pre on June 6th was to go to a Sprint Store, Best Buy or Walmart (no mention of Best Buy).
    ??
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTreo600 View Post
    Ridiculous. I guess that seals it for me, I will be "pre-less" until I can order it online. Blessing in disguise I guess...I am out of town for the next two weeks anyway. Dan Hesse - booo!!! Put me in charge, I will take his $1M+ salary and make some BETTER changes!
    Sure you will...
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 05/28/2009 at 08:53 AM.
    More info about the release is posted here: Pre Release Day Info - Why can't I order it online? - Sprint Gurus Forums

It does show how it is being sold at other stores like walmart.

Thought I would post it here since it seemed to make sense with the thread.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I may carry a copy of the "non customer facing" FAQ's and a copy of the user manual into the store with me to show them that I don't need a product demo. :-)
    That's what I'm talkin about. After a constant watch on the PRE since January....I know how to move my finger left to right....up and down.....and in circles........stop short.....etc. Just give me my PRE so I can leave!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I have to call in sick to on the 6th to listen to an idoit tell me how to use the when I may know how to use it better then them. It's going to take people hours to get out of that store!!! There going to be one idoit in front of you who has going to have a million an 1 question for the sales rep that really going have me going Sprintal!!!
    Well if I can't use telesales (which was my original plan to try to get my rebate 2 months early).

So oh well!

Not a big deal, i'll wait for August 1st, walk into a Best Buy store and walk out wit ha $199 Pre after the launch hype dies down a bit and any bugs are discussed and worked out.
    This thread has nothing to do with Sprint stores.
    It is about web and telephone sales.
    If a moderator wants to merge threads, they'll do it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast