1.    #1  
    AT&T CEO: AT&T Will Sell the Palm Pre

Today, 11:20 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Today at the All Things Digital conference, run by Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson said that "he sees AT&T selling the Pre after the exclusive arrangement with Sprint expires." Sprint is the only network operator to officially announce that it will sell the forthcoming Palm Pre in the U.S. The Pre that will be available via Sprint starting June 6 uses CDMA radio technology. Palm itself has already admitted that a UMTS version is planned. Stephenson's remarks confirm that the Pre will be available on carriers other than Sprint once the exclusivity agreement runs out.
    I wish we knew how long the agreement was for. My guess is that there are terms in that agreement that allow it to be extended should certain criteria are met which is why no official date is known.
    If Sprint was smart. the agreement would say that as long as X number of Pres are being sold they can renew the exclusivity agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    If Sprint was smart. the agreement would say that as long as X number of Pres are being sold they can renew the exclusivity agreement.
    Palm wouldn't agree to that. While Sprint wants the Pre just as badly and Palm wants it on Sprint, Palm also wants the Pre and every webOS device they crank out on every carrier they can manage.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    AT&T CEO: AT&T Will Sell the Palm Pre

Today, 11:20 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Today at the All Things Digital conference, run by Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson said that "he sees AT&T selling the Pre after the exclusive arrangement with Sprint expires." Sprint is the only network operator to officially announce that it will sell the forthcoming Palm Pre in the U.S. The Pre that will be available via Sprint starting June 6 uses CDMA radio technology. Palm itself has already admitted that a UMTS version is planned. Stephenson's remarks confirm that the Pre will be available on carriers other than Sprint once the exclusivity agreement runs out.
    were in that text do we see that the palm pre is coming to at&t?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    were in that text do we see that the palm pre is coming to at&t?

The CEO says they see themselves selling the Pre after the exclusive agreement with Sprint expires. That sounds pretty conclusive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The CEO says they see themselves selling the Pre after the exclusive agreement with Sprint expires. That sounds pretty conclusive to me.
    Very conclusive that he wants it. Not very conclusive as to the length of the exclusivity to Sprint.
    NO!!!!!!!!!! AT&T is not worthy of the Pre!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    He can see.. Well heck if verizon says we can see ourselves selling the pre also,does that mean that they will get it. I can see my self being rich in the future that doesnt mean i will become rich. He Basically said that when sprints agreement is done then palm and at&t can talk business.
    I think one very noteworthy thing in this statement, if you read between the lines. In spite of all of the "experts" out there talking about Palm has "blown" it equipment-wise, service-wise, promotion-wise, and every-other-wise that every hamburger flipping phonegeek could think up, the competition of the excusive service provider sees enough future in the Pre that he's willing to tick off his company's cash cow to talk about the future with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    He can see.. Well heck if verizon says we can see ourselves selling the pre also,does that mean that they will get it. I can see my self being rich in the future that doesnt mean i will become rich. He Basically said that when sprints agreement is done then palm and at&t can talk business.
    Palm's problem in the (recent) past hasn't been not wanting to go with vendors, but with finding vendors that wanted their phones. I doubt they'll be slamming many doors shut as things begin to gather steam...