Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From this tweet by @palm: Just trying out yfrog.com ImageShack

It links to this image (in case they take it down): http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6105/l1t.jpg

The EXIF data shows it was taken with a Palm Pre:

Image of tweet:

Link to tweet: http://twitter.com/palm/status/1940189342
    Last edited by DevilsRejection; 05/27/2009 at 05:36 PM.
    hrm. They followed up and said it wasn't, despite the exif data. not sure if I believe them.

Twitter / palm: @CRA1G @s_constantine @mik ...

@CRA1G @s_constantine @mikecane Sorry to disillusion y'all, but it was sent from a laptop -- just some odd configuration details.
    Nice....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    hrm. They followed up and said it wasn't, despite the exif data. not sure if I believe them.

Twitter / palm: @CRA1G @s_constantine @mik ...
    the tweet read: "@CRA1G @s_constantine @mikecane Sorry to disillusion y'all, but it was sent from a laptop -- just some odd configuration details."

meaning they took the photo with the pre, moved the image to a laptop and then uploaded it. why would they take a picture with a camera and then change the EXIF data on purpose to read Palm Pre?
    Hmm.. photography is my side hobby slash business. Quality looks decent-- typical camphone, really.

What's concerning though is that it (or they?) seems to have applied gratuitous sharpening to the image in processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Hmm.. photography is my side hobby slash business. Quality looks decent-- typical camphone, really.

What's concerning though is that it (or they?) seems to have applied gratuitous sharpening to the image in processing.
    Wonder if that's the result of the post-processing the Pre is supposed to do that's in lieu of autofocus...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7.    #7  
    WOW. I totally forgot about this tip!

My buddy Mark Guim writes for "The Nokia Blog" and he recently wrote a blog post called: "How To: Find Pre-Release Nokia Photo Samples on Flickr" which you can read here: How To: Find Pre-Release Nokia Photo Samples on Flickr | The Nokia Blog

Summary: go into google.com and type in site:flickr.com "Taken with a Nokia N97"

Well look what happens when you do a Google search for site:flickr.com "Taken with a Palm Pre"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

78 results!

Look at these photo samples:

This is why I never eat at burger king!!! lol front image and background get that double whopper, "large size that please!!"
    If it's really pictures from the Pre, I'm pretty impressed. I mean, I still have a real camera I'd probably use most of the time, but it looks much more serviceable when I don't have that with me than any of my previous phone cameras.
  10.    #10  
    Flickr account: ukdiveboy has a lot of photos taken with the Palm Pre:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/riksagar/

If you look at the URL his handle is "riksagar"

I typed that into google.com and it told me: "Did you mean Rik Sagar?"

I then did a search for Rik Sagar Palm and what do you know!

Rik Sagar - The San Francisco Mobile 2.0 Meetup (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup.com

"Hi, I work in the mobile industry, focused on multimedia applications on mobile devices. I currently work at Palm, based in Sunnyvale CA"

Rik Sagar is a Palm employee posting a lot of photos taken with a Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsRejection View Post
    Flickr account: ukdiveboy has a lot of photos taken with the Palm Pre:

Flickr: ukdiveboy's Photostream

If you look at the URL his handle is "riksagar"

I typed that into google.com and it told me: "Did you mean Rik Sagar?"

I then did a search for Rik Sagar Palm and what do you know!

Rik Sagar - The San Francisco Mobile 2.0 Meetup (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup.com

"Hi, I work in the mobile industry, focused on multimedia applications on mobile devices. I currently work at Palm, based in Sunnyvale CA"

Rik Sagar is a Palm employee posting a lot of photos taken with a Palm Pre.
    Excellent detective work.
  12.    #12  
    thanks, but i can't take all the credit.

google rocks, and my buddy Mark posted that how to for finding image samples from unreleased phones. i just put two and two together.

by the way, Rik Sagar is a Multimedia Software Engineer at Palm, Inc and has been working there for 4 years and 2 months according to his LinkedIn.

Edit: you need a linkedin account to view his full profile. it's the first result on google: linkedin rik sagar - Google Search

Here is a screenshot for those who don't want to sign up:

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If it's really pictures from the Pre, I'm pretty impressed. I mean, I still have a real camera I'd probably use most of the time, but it looks much more serviceable when I don't have that with me than any of my previous phone cameras.
    Yes, agreed, and: I'll more likely use the Pre's camera given how easy it is to take pictures. No futzing around with "autofocus" (which on my Touch Pro really means, "missed shots") and the like. Truly just point and click...

Also, further on in Flickr he has some pics posted from the Treo 680. The difference in quality is striking... I mean, it should be, but still...
    Last edited by wynand32; 05/27/2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Sager is also Geo Tagging his photos with the Pre. After clicking on a photo, click on the (map) link in the Additional Info area. Sweet find DR.
    Meh, average camera phone pics with a higher then usual resolution. It looks like the Pre's camera will be serviceable but nothing to get excited about.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    When you look at the google link on the other two pages there are two more Flikr accounts. Real reviewers maybe? A photographer Kevin Bingham: Kevin Bingham - Kansas City, MO | Facebook
    Influence Films - About Us

and another guy Manoj Arya:
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Manoj-Arya/760788142
    Last edited by LuluBee; 05/27/2009 at 08:13 PM.
    Great detective work, but I hope he doesn't get canned for it!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    These forum members are awesome. Remind me to edit my Facebook, Flikr, and all my other accounts. Way too much info out there on people. Hopefully my pictures wont have "taken with palm pre" attached to it
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I had tried this a couple weeks ago by trying to the url "http://www.flickr.com/cameras/palm/pre/" since that is the standard form to view flickr pictures by camera however nothing came up. I just tried again it just brings up all the Palm phones (NOT the Pre) and the url says ".../?nomodel=1".

But apparently your method works! Good job!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Meh, average camera phone pics with a higher then usual resolution. It looks like the Pre's camera will be serviceable but nothing to get excited about.
    I think I disagree with you there. I think they look pretty good. Quite a bit better than any regular camera phone pictures I've seen. Look at the contrast. There does seem to be a good bit of sharpening, and of course there is a good deal of noise in dark scenes. But I am quite impressed considering this is a very small sensor with a very small aperture, and a fixed-focus lens. I'm looking forward to seeing some macro shots--I heard that the extended depth of field capability allowed very close up pictures to remain in focus.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast