Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Much better than my Centro's camera. I am happy Looks like the quality of my old K750i pictures.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    you gotta love that fat chick in the background STARING DOWN her burger. she is about to make a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think I disagree with you there. I think they look pretty good. Quite a bit better than any regular camera phone pictures I've seen. Look at the contrast. There does seem to be a good bit of sharpening, and of course there is a good deal of noise in dark scenes. But I am quite impressed considering this is a very small sensor with a very small aperture, and a fixed-focus lens. I'm looking forward to seeing some macro shots--I heard that the extended depth of field capability allowed very close up pictures to remain in focus.
    Yeah I agree. It looks pretty sharp. Colors are too vibrant but at least they're not washed out. It's definitely better than my 755p which I would say is average for a camera phone. I would love it if the Pre could have some decent focus on close ups!
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I think they look a lot better than many camera shots from phones I've seen
    people posting. I certainly could live with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsRejection View Post
    Flickr account: ukdiveboy has a lot of photos taken with the Palm Pre:

Flickr: ukdiveboy's Photostream

If you look at the URL his handle is "riksagar"

I typed that into google.com and it told me: "Did you mean Rik Sagar?"

I then did a search for Rik Sagar Palm and what do you know!

Rik Sagar - The San Francisco Mobile 2.0 Meetup (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup.com

"Hi, I work in the mobile industry, focused on multimedia applications on mobile devices. I currently work at Palm, based in Sunnyvale CA"

Rik Sagar is a Palm employee posting a lot of photos taken with a Palm Pre.

Now we know why Rik Sagar loves his Palm Pre photos...he wrote the camera app!

the file app-assistant.jsjsjs $located$ $in$ $the$ ROM Image --> resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.camera\app\controllers

reveals the following header information:
    "/**
    * @author rik sagar
    */AppAssistant"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12