Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    That would look funnier then hell in google calendar-
    You should see my calendar... I leave myself all sorts of alarmed reminders on an almost daily basis.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm so tired of people acting like it's the end of the world with no alarm out of the box.

Seriously. People need to hurry up and wrap their heads around the concept of an app store with these new generation of phones. If your favorite feature/app/program is not included out of the box, there is a very good bet it is or will be in the app store.

Because of the app store, it's ok to ship the dang phone without every feature in the universe on your list of wants.
    People aren't acting like its the end of the world, we are trying to find out for sure if there is, and if not a work around. GREAT, an app can be made. Does that mean right away??? No, I use my alarm daily, so it is an integral part of my needs. If there wasn't a Twitter app, I could care less, but it would mean a lot to other people. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean others don't. Open your eyes up a little to the world....
    d94, could you try internet radio on browser while in 3g...

http://radioio.com/io2go

Does it launch a player or work at all? If not, does it work with WiFi?

Thanks.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    People aren't acting like its the end of the world, we are trying to find out for sure if there is, and if not a work around. GREAT, an app can be made. Does that mean right away??? No, I use my alarm daily, so it is an integral part of my needs. If there wasn't a Twitter app, I could care less, but it would mean a lot to other people. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean others don't. Open your eyes up a little to the world....
    Exactly
    could yu check and see if it plays wma formatted songs
  6. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    nope it just streams it
    which is a negative but not so bad since anyone who has this phone will have an unlimited data plan

also the phone does play it in the background while you do anything else!
    i thought you said in the previous reply to me that you could download strait off the phone just find the song you want hit buy
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    How well does the dang phone vibrate???. Never heard anyone ask about that!!

IGO
    vibration doesnt seem as hard as my touch pro but ill have to check later..cant make calls right now because the network is busy
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  8. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    ringer volume/quality

i miss the ringer my old Nextel i580 had loud and clear as a bell all kinds of custom tunes. my instinct on the other hand has a horrible ringer barely hear it in the case

any way congrats on getting your hands on 1 i'll just wait till the 6th like most everyone else
    the ringer is deffinetly as loud or louder than my touch pro and perectly clear!
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Exactly
    Could you two get a room? As it seems you're the only ones who are so passionate about this topic.
    vibration doesnt seem as hard as my touch pro but ill have to check later..cant make calls right now because the network is busy
    Whoa Nelly... what??
    Um. I do care about an alarm. But I can understand why Palm didn't include one - for several reasons:

-The main reason is that EVERYONE has different preferences for an alarm clock. Such a simple feature has an amazingly vast array of different things it could do that people prefer. There is no such thing as a phone alarm clock that comes with ANY phone that everyone universally loves.

- Because of this, had palm gone though the effort of including an alarm clock, it would receive negative buzz. Period. No matter what it could do.

- I have no foreknowledge, but I am willing to bet you my car, my house, my first born child, and the $3 in my wallet that there will be AT LEAST one Alarm app in the app store on launch day. And I will bet you my toe nail lint that it (they) will be free. We've already heard several devs talk about making one, and they aren't that hard to make.

WTF?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Whoa Nelly... what??
    yep, and this is before the Pre launch.
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Yes it IS an alam. And why would you not? Now that's just looking for an excuse to ***** & moan.
    from what i can tell the alarm only vibrates once and the screen turns on when your set time from event

Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    We know that Universal search really isn't universal but when you enter calendar and mail, can you do a search in there and will it look up only the title or can you search through the whole context of the app./email which would be awesome.

universal search doesnt work in calendar or email app's

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Were you connected to 3G or Wi-Fi when doing this?
    iv tried it via both - same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    of course, It's a stupid solution.
    How about this better solution, I take my "work" appointment at 8am m-f on my personal calendar and set a reminder 2 hours ahead of time. That's what I plan on doing. Then the stupid alarm clock doesn't wake me up when I don't have work, including days like Memorial Day. Something I have never seen a dumb phone alarm capable of doing.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    d94, can you try to go to the following web site "www.6park.com"? It is a Chinese site. I wonder if the web browser has Chinese support.

The only thing I miss from Pre that's on iPhone is more language support. I tried an iPhone, it supports Chinese input system out of box. For me if Pre can support web viewing in Chinese, it satisfies 90% of my needs.

Thank you!
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    So if you can't straight download (only stream) an .mp3 file via the web browser, can you download and save/open any other file types? Since there is no file browser on the Pre (that we've seen) I imagine that it would only download or at least open the types of files that are already supported via other apps (like .pdf documents in the PDF viewer, etc).

So, via the web browser can you save an image on a web page to the device (maybe via tap and hold on an image)? Can you download or at least open and view files (.jpg, .doc, .pdf, or .xls) that are hosted on a web site?
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    How about this better solution, I take my "work" appointment at 8am m-f on my personal calendar and set a reminder 2 hours ahead of time. That's what I plan on doing. Then the stupid alarm clock doesn't wake me up when I don't have work, including days like Memorial Day. Something I have never seen a dumb phone alarm capable of doing.
    The iPhone alarm is pretty good. You can't turn off your alarm on Holidays?
  18. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    d94, could you try internet radio on browser while in 3g...

http://radioio.com/io2go

Does it launch a player or work at all? If not, does it work with WiFi?

Thanks.
    streams just fine off both 3g and wifi
    from what i can tell the alarm only vibrates once and the screen turns on when your set time from event
    So this is going to wake you guys up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    So if you can't straight download (only stream) an .mp3 file via the web browser, can you download and save/open any other file types? Since there is no file browser on the Pre (that we've seen) I imagine that it would only download or at least open the types of files that are already supported via other apps (like .pdf documents in the PDF viewer, etc).

So, via the web browser can you save an image on a web page to the device (maybe via tap and hold on an image)? Can you download or at least open and view files (.jpg, .doc, .pdf, or .xls) that are hosted on a web site?
    Interestingly I have not seen or heard of even one instance of "holding" down on anything do anything on the Pre.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast