Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Gmail imap instant email true push???
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Oh yeah.. I'm not worried about it. I was just joking around. I do love the alarm/stopwatch/timer on my iphone however. Hopefully someone will make something equiv shortly..

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Someone on here already made an alarm app. (Sorry I forgot your name) I am sure there will be TONS more in the coming months.
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    well you're about to
    Why was this comment thanked? Of course there is an alarm on the Pre, you just need to set it to a calendar event, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Why was this comment thanked? Of course there is an alarm on the Pre, you just need to set it to a calendar event, that's all.
    That is not an alarm. I'm not going to put wakeup in my calendar m-f at 6am.
    We know that Universal search really isn't universal but when you enter calendar and mail, can you do a search in there and will it look up only the title or can you search through the whole context of the app./email which would be awesome.
  6. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlh437 View Post
    1)when entering card view while in the camera app does it allow you to still see the image or kinda just freeze there???

2)the little lip at the bottom of the key board. awkward? annoying? comfortable?

3) does the calculator have scientific functions on it??? (im a college student it comes in handy ALOT on the centro =])

4)when slid open is it top heavy or did they balance it out well???

5) this last question is a tad random and i am not sure if you can test this or not or if i am wrong for thinking that this could work but it has just been in the back of my head for the longest. if you took a mini usb to usb adapter then plugged in a thumb drive what would that do??? would it show up on the device??? probably not...
    1. a couple of seconds after entering card view it freezes the camera. i suspect someone will come out with a workout though however i fear it may not be worth it based on the processing and power used to power the camera.

2. deffirent but not awkard, as the keyboard is kinda recessed into the body but you get used to it. the only thing i not crazy about is the semi sharp ridge.

3. sorry no scientific, but im sure once the phone is released and the app store is you'll be able to download one.

4. its perfectly balanced..the battery is right below the speaker/camera on the back which is the heaviest component of the phone also happy to say the phone does not feel heavy or awkward when holding it by the keyboard!

5. sorry lol i dont have a female to female adapter otherwise id try..cuz iv deffinetly been wornding that myself for a while

by the way, the camera is surprising good and 100% real camera smooth it even in pitch black darkness with my macbook air's screen set on the dimmest setting the pre can pick up colors and a decent image
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    sorry, got of works a few hours ago to hit the bar and got back to a friends house. yes you can download strait off the phone just find the song you want hit buy - at which point your prompted to sign into your amazon.com account and it will use the payment method on there. if you dont have a valid method of payment you'll get a pop that saus your payment method was unsuccessfully charged so please visit amazon.com to update your account. from there you can either hit ok or go to amazon.com which then opens the browser to amazon.com
    Were you connected to 3G or Wi-Fi when doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Yes it IS an alam. And why would you not? Now that's just looking for an excuse to ***** & moan.
    Also, how are ringtones selection and can you somehow record the default tone?
  10. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkybot View Post
    is there any kind of alarm on the pre? my wife uses her current phone's alarm several times a day for different things and just as a daily alarm for getting up in the morning.
    surprisingly i cant find one on the phone..but im sure you'll be able to get one from the app store. one surprising thing i did find that i forgot about was an app that backs up your data daily to palm's servers. completely forgot about this one
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Can you also list the apps installed by default?
    I'm so tired of people acting like it's the end of the world with no alarm out of the box.

Seriously. People need to hurry up and wrap their heads around the concept of an app store with these new generation of phones. If your favorite feature/app/program is not included out of the box, there is a very good bet it is or will be in the app store.

Because of the app store, it's ok to ship the dang phone without every feature in the universe on your list of wants.
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    can you record the unique pre ringtone? I need to hear it :'(!!!
    nope but you can set any mp3 you have in your phone super easily!
    nope but you can set any mp3 you have in your phone super easily!
    I think he meant he wants you to record it so we can hear it.
    d94 - Can you tell us how quickly you get a gps lock in google maps or sprint navigation?
    Also, does sprint navigation support multi touch for zooming? Google maps?
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    But can't choose to download (save as a file)?
    nope it just streams it
    which is a negative but not so bad since anyone who has this phone will have an unlimited data plan

also the phone does play it in the background while you do anything else!
    surprisingly i cant find one on the phone..but im sure you'll be able to get one from the app store. one surprising thing i did find that i forgot about was an app that backs up your data daily to palm's servers. completely forgot about this one

I would assume that you could just set alerts/alarms on the calender ap. That's how I have always worked it on my last several phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    That would look funnier then hell in google calendar-
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    That would look funnier then hell in google calendar-
    of course, It's a stupid solution.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    3. sorry no scientific, but im sure once the phone is released and the app store is you'll be able to download one.
    I don't think any calculator app can top Power48 emulator for HP. I am hoping for it to work on Classic.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast