Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    can you record the unique pre ringtone? I need to hear it :'(!!!
    Our new buddy is out frolicking with his new pal and leaving us rabid Pre fans out in the cold...
    I'm. So. Jealous.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    FYI: If anybody wants a frame of reference, I live in NYC (not a rural area). I did a speed test using the same link as above.

My average with my 755p on a 1mb test was 207kbit/sec over 3 tests.

That is quite a difference. I WANT MY PRE NOW!!
    thanks for doing that - frame of reference really helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Actually, not true. Unless they've added one in since a couple months ago, Palm has specifically said that there isn't an alarm clock application, and that they felt it was a good area for third-party developers to step in.

You could always add it to your calendar and use that as an alarm clock, which isn't ideal for me either, but it'll suffice until I get a good alarm clock app.
    Well he asked for any kind of alarm, and a calender event with alarm reminder is a kind of alarm to use until you download an alarm app, which I'm sure would be available within the first 2 days of release. It's so simple to develop.
  6. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    also, can you put a custom mp3 as a ringtone for incoming text messages or emails?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Our new buddy is out frolicking with his new pal and leaving us rabid Pre fans out in the cold...
    Though I'm sure he's WELL connected to the internets!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    More likely our new best friend has been located and kidnapped by Sprint and Palm gestapo.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    FYI: If anybody wants a frame of reference, I live in NYC (not a rural area). I did a speed test using the same link as above.

My average with my 755p on a 1mb test was 207kbit/sec over 3 tests.

That is quite a difference. I WANT MY PRE NOW!!
    I just got 1039 kbit/sec on a 1mb file on my Vzw Curve 8330 in NYC.

My native browser is not supported so I'm doing it through a beta browser called Bolt which I hear uses the same webkit engine.

This is what it says for the browser type:

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11;78;CentOS;US-en) AppleWebkit527+
    (KHTML, like Gecko) Bolt/0.920 Version/3.0 Safari/523.15
  10. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JXC View Post
    go to "precentral.net/palmcast-episode-65" from the PRE's browser and click on the "Download it directly with this link" and let me know if the PRE let you download that mp3 file to the PRE itself and then listen to it.

i have not heard this question answered anywhere..if this works, it means that you can go to amazon.com and download their mp3's over EVDO and you can download other stuff to the PRE, like pictures, videos, songs, etc....

i really hope this is possible, i think a true smartphone needs to have this ability, which is why the jesus phone is not, IN MY OPINION
    streams right off the site just fine and clear

by the way wifi is SUPER easy to connect to
    you just top on the top of the touchscreen and a menu pops down, with several tabs stacked atop of each other: date, battery, wifi, bluetooth, and turn on playmode - you tap on wifi which reveals a few more tabs, hit the network and it just connects! if wifi is already on a pop up will come up revealing the option to connect to a network ~ a very nice interface, what a pleasant transition from using a 755p, to a pro, to a pre

i also noticed that once i hit 18 cards i got a warning saying memory low, toss some cards, so i did very easily and pleasantly.

when you hook it up to a laptop you get a popup that asks you if you want to use the usb/jump drive or just charge the phone! if you choose the usb option, it asks you if your sure as it will turn of the radio and you cant make calls...this is one thing im not crazy about as i often have my phone hooked up as a data drive to the pc at work i get plenty of calls..but oh well

also after using the device for several hours now i can say the keyboard is easy to use and friends with my big fingers and when i picked the phone up off my kitchen counter about 20 minutes ago it looked super sleek as i came upon it. lol

finally, call quality is excellent so far - the thing gets great reception, better than my touch pro's and seems a little clearer and deffinetly static free. also the batter is the exact same one in the centro just colored black with white letters. i did use the centro battery just fine in the pre so for all those comming from the centro you probably already have a spare that you can use with your pre!
    great exerpience so far
    Last edited by d94; 05/27/2009 at 09:09 PM.
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    What?? No Alarm??

The Pre SUCKS!!

Just trying to lower my expectations..
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    can you record the unique pre ringtone? I need to hear it :'(!!!
    Have to agree with this, I've got a ton of ringtones saved from various devices over the years (and stuff I found on the internet), but I'd love to hear the Pre's. I assume it's not possible to add the Pre ringtone as an attachment to an email though?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    But can't choose to download (save as a file)?
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    He's back!!! Now sit here and answer questions for the next 8 hours!
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    How well does the dang phone vibrate???. Never heard anyone ask about that!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    ringer volume/quality

i miss the ringer my old Nextel i580 had loud and clear as a bell all kinds of custom tunes. my instinct on the other hand has a horrible ringer barely hear it in the case

any way congrats on getting your hands on 1 i'll just wait till the 6th like most everyone else
    also, can you put a custom mp3 as a ringtone for incoming text messages or emails?
    been wondering this myself. it's not mentioned in any of the emulator vids or pics, nor in the user manual (that i've seen anyway!). i sure hope you can.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    How well does the dang phone vibrate???. Never heard anyone ask about that!!

IGO
    I had posted a thread on it quite some time ago. I think this is one of the most important items for me.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by rishio View Post
    What?? No Alarm??

The Pre SUCKS!!

Just trying to lower my expectations..
    Someone on here already made an alarm app. (Sorry I forgot your name) I am sure there will be TONS more in the coming months.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  20. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    sorry to tell you that you are wrong....go to amazon and try to download a song and see for yourself, you can download it straight without any manager....if you dont want spend 99 cents then download a free songs

D94 i still need an answer for my original question. if you can respond to it, i really appreciate it.....thanks for answering as many questions as you can
    sorry, got of works a few hours ago to hit the bar and got back to a friends house. yes you can download strait off the phone just find the song you want hit buy - at which point your prompted to sign into your amazon.com account and it will use the payment method on there. if you dont have a valid method of payment you'll get a pop that saus your payment method was unsuccessfully charged so please visit amazon.com to update your account. from there you can either hit ok or go to amazon.com which then opens the browser to amazon.com
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast