Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 510
  1. #61  
    How do you find the comfort holding the phone when typing (is it top heavy, one user said holding the phone to type feels awkward)?

    This is so awesome, I'm so jealous!
    Last edited by jonathan likes the pre; 05/27/2009 at 06:31 PM.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.0;U;en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0



    1391 kbit/sec average over 3 tests

    keep in mind this can vary depending on coverage
    FYI: If anybody wants a frame of reference, I live in NYC (not a rural area). I did a speed test using the same link as above.

    My average with my 755p on a 1mb test was 207kbit/sec over 3 tests.

    That is quite a difference. I WANT MY PRE NOW!!
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Troll :P I'll bet my pre there'll be a third-party app for that within a month of release.
    Actually there may not be, it all depends on how Palm allows people to interact with existing applications on the phone. An onscreen keyboard is worthless if it can't interact with the browser / phone type applications and that would require more access than they have announced will be available.
  4. #64  
    Is there any kind of speed dial or favorite contacts screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Actually there may not be, it all depends on how Palm allows people to interact with existing applications on the phone. An onscreen keyboard is worthless if it can't interact with the browser / phone type applications and that would require more access than they have announced will be available.
    I still don't understand this desire for an onscreen keyboard. I get it for landscape browsing, but "I don't want to have to use the physical keyboard to send a quick text or type a url" baffles me. It's like having a physical keyboard is a negative when it's actually a super positive. I never want to have to use onscreen keyboards again!
  5. rishio's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #65  
    What do you not like about it? how would you rate it compared to an iphone?
    Can you give more thoughts on the keyboard?
    Does the headphone come with a mic and a button to answer/hang up calls?
    Can you talk about the swipe up gesture? What happens when you swipe up once, swipe up twice, and swipe up 3x in a row?
    how is the slider?
    any thoughts on the battery life?
    How is the external speaker quality
    how is the call quality
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Is there any kind of speed dial or favorite contacts screen?



    I still don't understand this desire for an onscreen keyboard. I get it for landscape browsing, but "I don't want to have to use the physical keyboard to send a quick text or type a url" baffles me. It's like having a physical keyboard is a negative when it's actually a super positive. I never want to have to use onscreen keyboards again!
    According to the user manual, you can actually save a contact (or a bookmark, for that matter) as an icon in the launcher for ones you use a lot. That's kinda like favorites, right?

    I totally agree about the onscreen keyboard! I have only used an iPhone a few times, but did not care for the virtual keyboard at all. And I get real tired of all the jibberish txt messages I get from my friends who have the iPhone!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Any microSD slot under the battery??

    (No harm in checking, guys...)
    I don't knock people but that is a dumb questions you already knew since January the hardware specs on the pre NO MICRO-SD SLOT they said it several times it would have affect the design of this slick looking phone..
  8. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #68  
    I could see it being useful if you just want to respond with a quick "ok", "y?", "no", or other short message where you don't feel it's necessary to slide out the keyboard. I'm not fond of on screen keyboards, but I think if one was cheap enough, I'd still get one too for the reason above, and simply for the fact that it just gives more options.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  9. radiantx's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #69  
    Sounds like there are a lot of ChatterEmail users here. I use it to sync with multiple Exchange accounts, can the Pre's webOS do this? I assume webOS uses ActiveSync now whereas Chatter on the Treo uses OWA?

    Can you set different alerts for different types of messages?
    Example: 1 buzz for txts, 2 for email acct. A, and 3 for email acct B?

    Hope the Pre is living up to your expectations, thanks for taking the time to post.
  10. #70  
    Does sprint navigation support multi-touch?
    How quick does the gps lock?
  11. #71  
    I think we should maybe give him time to reply, I don't think he is going to respond to every single post over 4 pages.
  12. micahdg's Avatar
    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Actually there may not be, it all depends on how Palm allows people to interact with existing applications on the phone. An onscreen keyboard is worthless if it can't interact with the browser / phone type applications and that would require more access than they have announced will be available.
    I know based on what's available to developers right now they can't do it, but I assumed Palm will make more features available in the SDK after launch.
  13. NSXLA's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #73  
    Does the back of the retail Pre have that reflective material? How girly does that look =\
    Last edited by nsxla; 05/27/2009 at 06:52 PM.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    According to the user manual, you can actually save a contact (or a bookmark, for that matter) as an icon in the launcher for ones you use a lot. That's kinda like favorites, right?

    I totally agree about the onscreen keyboard! I have only used an iPhone a few times, but did not care for the virtual keyboard at all. And I get real tired of all the jibberish txt messages I get from my friends who have the iPhone!
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know that, that is very much what I wanted to hear. The Instinct let you make a favorites list, and I will definitely be making icons for the 5 people I call most often. Awesome, thanks again.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by cookgoose34 View Post
    I don't knock people but that is a dumb questions you already knew since January the hardware specs on the pre NO MICRO-SD SLOT they said it several times it would have affect the design of this slick looking phone..
    wishful thinking. But I'm curious as to the REAL reason why they didn't include it. Until a Palm engineer comes out and tells us it really was cramped for space... I lean on the side it was a marketing move. Though, could quite possibly be a user friendly move too, I know a lot of people who get confused on external storage (microSD slot) vs their phone's internal storage =(
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I'm a troll :P, I'll bet my pre there'll be a third-party app for that within a month of release.
    Like the others said I
    doubt it too ..
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    Does the back of the retail Pre have that reflective material? How girls does that look =\
    I agree that it looks kinda cheesy, but it comes in handy for self portraits.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Is there any kind of speed dial or favorite contacts screen?
    According to the SDK, you can basically set a speed dial to every key on the keyboard(outside of function keys), instead of just 1-9. And if you need a screen interface, someone already mentioned adding contacts to the launcher
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I know based on what's available to developers right now they can't do it, but I assumed Palm will make more features available in the SDK after launch.
    Palm has already said that they will indeed make available more APIs after release of the phone. lower level stuff.

    They must have already made available some for some people like MotionApps to have written their Palm OS emulator for webOS, right?
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post

    d94: 1) I remember reading somewhere that the pre does geotagging for photos. Does that feature work well, and where can you upload your pictures
    Yes it does geotaging in Flickr. Look at the thread titled "First Palm Pre camera image sample" and click on an image in Rik Sager's link. Then click on the (map) link in the "Additional Info" area next to the photo. Sweet.
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions