Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
    I would like to know how D94 came to have a Pre for a few days?
    Is he a Sprint or Palm employee? Is he one of the Palm chosen who was given a Pre.
    Or???
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    I would like to know how D94 came to have a Pre for a few days?
    Is he a Sprint or Palm employee? Is he one of the Palm chosen who was given a Pre.
    Or???
    First post:

Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    anyone want to know anything? ask away and ill be happy to answer as best i can
    one of my boys owns a few sprint stores and he got a couple pre's today
    naturally i get to borrow one for a few days to mess with

initial impressions: its a sweet looking device, web is working flawlessly, the cards move around smoothly, phone in general is working smoothly, i can easily type on the keypad comming from a touch pro and the screen is just down right gorgeous

btw mine is the retail ship unit
    Thanks! Somehow, I missed that!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Text messaging app:
    - Forwarding msg's...can it be done? I've yet to see it. Didnt see the option for it even in theinvisibleman's emulator vids.

- Copy/Cut/Paste bits in a text message?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I would like to know the same. The emulator video said you could not copy the text inside of an SMS.

Quote Originally Posted by ollielim View Post
    Text messaging app:
    - Forwarding msg's...can it be done? I've yet to see it. Didnt see the option for it even in theinvisibleman's emulator vids.

- Copy/Cut/Paste bits in a text message?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    I would like to know the same. The emulator video said you could not copy the text inside of an SMS.
    i believe you can only cut/copy editable text. so no browser, no sms, no email (unless you reply or forward, i'm guessing.), etc.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I really hope there is a way to foward SMS then. I do this quite often for work purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    i believe you can only cut/copy editable text. so no browser, no sms, no email (unless you reply or forward, i'm guessing.), etc.
    Can you type out a sms message using the virtual number dialing pad for txting?
    Hadn't noticed that, but it appears you're right. I knew that we couldn't copy/paste from the browser but I didn't realize that was throughout all programs. Sorta annoying, but still better than my q9c for copy and paste. At least with the Pre, every edit box should be able to be copied and pasted. In WM 6.1 standard, only certain apps have it.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Doubt it. I havnt typed a SMS like that in years.

Quote Originally Posted by kilword View Post
    Can you type out a sms message using the virtual number dialing pad for txting?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    Doubt it. I havnt typed a SMS like that in years.
    Edit: Never mind, I think I misunderstood the original post.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    SMS forwarding is a big thing for me- I hope that if it's not there in the beginning, it'll be there soon. Really soon. It's one of the things that **** me off about the iPhone to no end- the lack of stupidly simple **** that exist on all other phones, ya know?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I know you already did some tests for streaming, but those were WMA/MP3 streams, the one that I'm concerned about is AAC+ shoutcast streams. So I'd really appreciate it if you could try this link: lrb.mine.nu:8002 and lrb.mine.nu:8002/listen.pls to see which one streams, it'd also be nice if you could tell me if it sounds decent or terrible too because it's a 24kbps AAC+ stream :P

You'll probably have to put http thingy before the link, I can't do a full link because I only have 4 posts
    Fixed links in quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I know you already did some tests for streaming, but those were WMA/MP3 streams, the one that I'm concerned about is AAC+ shoutcast streams. So I'd really appreciate it if you could try this link: http://lrb.mine.nu:8002 and http://lrb.mine.nu:8002/listen.pls to see which one streams, it'd also be nice if you could tell me if it sounds decent or terrible too because it's a 24kbps AAC+ stream :P

You'll probably have to put http thingy before the link, I can't do a full link because I only have 4 posts
    Just call me Berd.
    Aw crap I didn't realize that. I hope they add that functionality in a later update. Way not to go PAAAAAALMMM
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Aw crap I didn't realize that. I hope they add that functionality in a later update. Way not to go PAAAAAALMMM
    yup. just checked the manual to be sure i read it right.

p. 67-68 (emphasis is mine):

"Cut, Copy, and Paste Information
    You can cut or copy any editable text. Tap the text to insert the cursor—if the cursor appears,
    you can edit the text
    1. Select the text you want to cut or copy (see “Text Selection Gestures” on page 49).
    2. Open the application menu and tap Edit > Cut or Copy.
    3. Insert the cursor where you want to paste the text (see “Text Selection Gestures” on
    page 49).
    4. Open the application menu and tap Edit > Paste"

i don't get why they couldn't make it for "any" text. isn't the iphone's upcoming c/p feature available pretty much anywhere?
    so no word from d94
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    so no word from d94
    Palm had his memory erased... Remote wipe.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Palm had his memory erased... Remote wipe.
    Good One!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I think he was kidnap by the evil Goa'uld system lord Steve "the hand" Jobs and subjecting D94 to the ultra evil goa'uld apple mind probe to learn all the vital secrets behind the palm pre , So Lord Steve can make his next Ipoo a less sucky , I mean Iphone . He'll discover instantly at he can make his Ipoo 50% less sucky by ditching ATT and adding a real qwtery keyboard LOL. D94 will mostly be found naked in a field outside roswell NM. lol. Sorry huge stargate fan LOL!