Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301
    So many great questions and answers here, but one I know that hasn't been asked is if the headset that came with the Pre will be able to control the music playback from the mic/remote? For example, play/pause, rewind, forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    it's mentioned in the user manual. and yes it does work like that.
    Actually, the user's manual says absolutely nothing that I saw about controlling music playback with the button. All it mentions is answering and ending calls by pressing the button, and answering call waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Actually, the user's manual says absolutely nothing that I saw about controlling music playback with the button. All it mentions is answering and ending calls by pressing the button, and answering call waiting.
    crap. you're right. i guess it was just wishful thinking when i read the info about the headset button. but i'd be willing to wager that since it does hang up/switch calls in the dialer, that it will at least play/pause while in music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i need a fix.
    I think Palm captured him and had his memory erased.

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just registered for this site and figured I would use my first post to thank d94, this thread has been more informative than any other link or review/preview posted.

Word up d94.

-side note: get on a list at your local Sprint store. They open at 8:00am for those on lists, 10:00am for schmoes coming in off the street.
    At least that's what I was just told.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    D94:

BGR noted that the browser zooming was jerky, similar to PIE, and not smooth like Safari. Is this the case? Do you think that they were double-tapping, rather than pinching?

Thanks for doing this, by the way.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I love how D94's reviews and answers to questions have been orders of magnitude more helpful than the lame, uneducated, FUD-spreading "review" (more like piece of trash) that BGR put out.

What a total letdown.

I seriously think they had a stolen device since it wiped itself while they were using it. Something very fishy there.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    D94:

BGR noted that the browser zooming was jerky, similar to PIE, and not smooth like Safari. Is this the case? Do you think that they were double-tapping, rather than pinching?
    I just realized that if BGR had an older version of the Pre, then perhaps (hopefully!) that zooming issue was fixed with a newer version of the phone/OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    I just realized that if BGR had an older version of the Pre, then perhaps (hopefully!) that zooming issue was fixed with a newer version of the phone/OS.
    I'm seriously skeptical of their reviewing skills at this point. All the videos I've seen of web browsing are super smooth, especially multitouch zooming. What I've seen is easily better than opera and safari.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    d94, as everyone else has said, your information has been very helpful. If you're not totally overwhelmed and you have some time on your hands, can you check out this site and see how the Pre does? These are written primarily with javascript and are designed to show what you can do with a fast javascript engine.

Chrome Experiments - Home
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    D94 can you let us know if the Pre has voice dialing?

Thanks for all of the info that you have given us thus far - like many others have said - YOU ROCK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    D94:

Thanks for doing this, by the way.
    The pics of their phone look non-glossy which does make me think it's probably a prototype.

I also think it's possible that many of these phones that are being beta tested may be running in a debug mode of some type. Those of you in the software industry knows that while beta testing, running in debug mode runs with crappier performance so that every line of code can be captured in case of a crash.

But I really do think there will be an ota update on the 6th that does more than just increase performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Here are the 3 main things that annoy me about the Treo Pro that I have never seen on any other phone besides Palm devices and I pray that they didn't add these "features" to the Pre.

1) There's no way of turning the phone off, just resetting it. Even then, in order to reset it I have to take off the battery cover and use the stylus to hit the tiny reset button. If I want the phone off, I have to take the battery out. I went to Mexico and had to store my battery seperate from my phone for a week...awesome! Thanks for the excellent feature Palm. Is this the same for the Pre?

2) Are there ringer profiles? Such as volume on, ringer, and silent? For me to put my phone on silent, I have to manually go in and move the device volume all the way down and the ringer volume all the way down and make sure the vibrate switch isn't toggled.

3) When receiving a call, is there a button you can press to silence the ringer? On my pro you can either Answer or Ignore. If you hit ignore it goes straight to voicemail and people know that you ignored it. Is there a way to just silence the ringer and let it ring through all the way?

Thanks!
    Did you try this to turn the phone off? Hope it works.

As with any mobile phone, if you are in an area with no wireless coverage, or very poor coverage, your Treo smartphone searches for a signal, which consumes power. If you cannot move to an area of better coverage, temporarily turn off your phone.

To turn off your phone, press Start and select Today, press Menu (right soft key), select Wireless Manager, and then select Phone.

To turn the phone back on, repeat the steps above.
    Just want to thank D94! I can't wait to see videos - and your pic was wonderful, so clear. Hope the sprint police didn't get you.

What the heck is wrong with BGR? I hate when people can only give negative reviews! I only want to see real reviews with real info like d94.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Haven't heard from D94 for a while... Not a good sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I think Palm captured him and had his memory erased.
    Lol, yeah that is weird, looks like Palm caught up to him and slapped a NDA on his forehead.
    Hmm...I think we lost him!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I've seen other hands on that have stated the zooming was better than the iPhone and did not do that checkerboard pattern while rendering the zoomed page. I'm not sure if it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I'm far to lazy to find it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    i'm fairly certain the sirius web player is not flash based. i have the "flashblock" extension installed in firefox and everything works fine to play sirius.

it's mentioned in the user manual. and yes it does work like that.
    News to me. Thx.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I thought he said that he was running 1.0.1 just like D94
    I would give D94 a break. I am sure he went out drinking and partying last night after a hard weeks work.