Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 510
  1. #421  
    Need a video review and/or those HD photos...!
  2. #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Don't be daft, you know what he meant.
    but you should still be able to turn your phone off.
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    He's talking about keycaps. In other words, for a capital A, he wants to hold down the a key and after a short time have it automatically capitalize. I've personally never liked that, but I know a lot of people do.
    I see I have never tried that app, and don't think i would like it. The thing I always tell people i like about smartphones is the full qwerty keyboard ... being able to type like I'm on a computer. I think that would ruin the experience.

    How long was the wait for the letter to capitalize? It better not have been longer than the time it took me to press the shift key once. That was always simple.
  4. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    palm found him, and he no longer exist.
    Just like SERO, all good things come to an end.


    YES, I said SERO and NO, you can't use it with the Pre.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Yes it is very little drain, but in my case of being on vacation in Mexico, it would be sitting there for 1 week. I would think the battery would die in a week. I understand that is one of Palm's signatures, I'm just saying I disagree with it. It's not a deal breaker to me...just a frustration.

    I'm aware of the ringer switch, but that's just full volume and vibrate. There's no switch for silent. When I'm in vibrate mode and receiving a call, there's no way to stop the vibrating. Another small annoyance, but again, not a deal breaker.
    Honestly, even on my Centro, I think it would easily go a week if the radio were off and I was not using the device. My Treo 650 would probably go at least two weeks this way.

    As far as the ring/vibrate thing, I used to use a program called "Profiles" on my Treo, which would let me easily change a bunch of settings like that, either automatically or manually. If I was in a meeting, it would not ring or vibrate. After the meeting, it would do both. That was sweet. It would be nice to have something like that on the Pre.
  6. #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Honestly, even on my Centro, I think it would easily go a week if the radio were off and I was not using the device. My Treo 650 would probably go at least two weeks this way.

    As far as the ring/vibrate thing, I used to use a program called "Profiles" on my Treo, which would let me easily change a bunch of settings like that, either automatically or manually. If I was in a meeting, it would not ring or vibrate. After the meeting, it would do both. That was sweet. It would be nice to have something like that on the Pre.
    I'm hoping for the Profile App either on the iPhone or Android where it will also incorporate GPS to determine where you are and if you go to work early or late, it will switch over automagically.
  7. C79
    C79 is offline
    C79's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

    BoyGeniusReport has been promising a full review for a bit now, but they seem to be busy(refer to off-color comment two comments down from the above post). On page 15 of the comments someone refers to you, d94. Thanks for contributing to the community; you rock. Plus, you smoked BGR, whose placeholder article (they keep moving it up on the homepage, although it doesn't change) is just the equivalent of a "First!" post.

    Maybe BGR is taking so long with their review because they can't find enough things wrong with the Pre to make their beloved iPhone sound better.
  8. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by C79 View Post
    Maybe BGR is taking so long with their review because they can't fine enough things wrong with the Pre to make their beloved iPhone sound better.
    The review is already out. Check the forums.
  9. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    I see I have never tried that app, and don't think i would like it. The thing I always tell people i like about smartphones is the full qwerty keyboard ... being able to type like I'm on a computer. I think that would ruin the experience.

    How long was the wait for the letter to capitalize? It better not have been longer than the time it took me to press the shift key once. That was always simple.
    The leaked user guide says that you double tap the shift key for caps lock (page 63).
  10. #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBabble View Post
    seems a little creepy there to be honest lawrence...
    I always turn off the noises that cameras and camera phones make - I want to take a picture, not back noise!
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  11. #431  
    D I forgot to ask does it have a feature where you can answer by sliding up?
  12. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    D I forgot to ask does it have a feature where you can answer by sliding up?
    Yes, it does.
  13. #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    I see I have never tried that app, and don't think i would like it. The thing I always tell people i like about smartphones is the full qwerty keyboard ... being able to type like I'm on a computer. I think that would ruin the experience.

    How long was the wait for the letter to capitalize? It better not have been longer than the time it took me to press the shift key once. That was always simple.
    Blackberries do this natively and I find it really useful. I'm hoping the pre has a way to do this as well.
  14. #434  
    d94 d94 is offline

    Last Activity: 05/29/2009 11:57 AM
    i need a fix.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  15. #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i need a fix.
    +1
  16. #436  
    maybe he's trying to sell his video review to BGR before he posts it on here since BGR's review was so poor and unsubstantial
  17. #437  
    So many great questions and answers here, but one I know that hasn't been asked is if the headset that came with the Pre will be able to control the music playback from the mic/remote? For example, play/pause, rewind, forward.

    Thanks.
  18. #438  
    I hope d94 comes thru with that vid review because the one on BGR wasn't really what I was looking for...
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Raoul Duke commenting on Dr. Gonzo


  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    A few pages back in this thread, someone commented that this will not work due to flash.
    i'm fairly certain the sirius web player is not flash based. i have the "flashblock" extension installed in firefox and everything works fine to play sirius.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    So many great questions and answers here, but one I know that hasn't been asked is if the headset that came with the Pre will be able to control the music playback from the mic/remote? For example, play/pause, rewind, forward.
    it's mentioned in the user manual. and yes it does work like that.
  20. #440  
    Can't thank you enough! Your info has only made me confirm that replacing my instinct is a no brainer (which we all already knew!)

    What I HATE about the Instinct is that I cannot adjust the resolution of pics, so I cannot send pics to friends on other carriers/phones due to image size.

    I have not seen anywhere any info on whether the Pre allows you to adjust image resolution.

    Any help on this one?

Posting Permissions