Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBabble View Post
    has the video review been posted to another thread? I need to go back and look at post times...I think my sense of time with this thread is off...d94 keeps saying I've only been using the phone for a day and it feels like weeks Thanks a thousand times d94 for all the info...I was not even slightly interested in the Pre until I ran across this forum. I have been waiting impatiently for it to release so we could get on with some other sprint releases like the touch pro 2. Now though I am seriuosly contemplating a Pre.
    I was 100% content on waiting and keeping my $30/month SERO plan, but after reading this thread I'm really considering upgrading to the the $70/month plan and getting this phone on release day. I can't wait for this video either.
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    i also took a ton of 8MP shots this morning with the pre and my touch pro that ill upload later tonite ~ i also made a short video to show how smooth the pre is and i play the default ringer of the pre
    Maybe I missed this post but have you posted these pics yet?

Has anyone seen them?

//edit: and this shot by d94 really shows you how nice and big the Pre's screen really is! And I also like how they didn't slap Sprint's logo on its face (not that there's anything wrong with their logo, but it would totally break the smooth, clean look of the phone).
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 05/29/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Maybe I missed this post but have you posted this pics yet?

Has anyone seen them?

palm found him, and he no longer exist.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    palm found him, and he no longer exist.
    What the hell are we waiting for then? Why hasn't PreCentral's Search and Rescue team been dispatched already??

Anyone know his last known coordinates? Any known associates?
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Here are the 3 main things that annoy me about the Treo Pro that I have never seen on any other phone besides Palm devices and I pray that they didn't add these "features" to the Pre.

1) There's no way of turning the phone off, just resetting it. Even then, in order to reset it I have to take off the battery cover and use the stylus to hit the tiny reset button. If I want the phone off, I have to take the battery out. I went to Mexico and had to store my battery seperate from my phone for a week...awesome! Thanks for the excellent feature Palm. Is this the same for the Pre?

2) Are there ringer profiles? Such as volume on, ringer, and silent? For me to put my phone on silent, I have to manually go in and move the device volume all the way down and the ringer volume all the way down and make sure the vibrate switch isn't toggled.

3) When receiving a call, is there a button you can press to silence the ringer? On my pro you can either Answer or Ignore. If you hit ignore it goes straight to voicemail and people know that you ignored it. Is there a way to just silence the ringer and let it ring through all the way?

Thanks!
    1) No palm device has this feature, so I wouldn't count on it.

2) There is a switch on top of the phone that will put your phone on viprate very quickly, this is what makes all Palm phones unique.

3) You can silence a call by pressing the volume buttons on the side (UP or Down) or also with pressing the power button on top.

There is a user guidel for the palm pre on these forums, I suggest you read that as it will answer allot of you questions.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

3) When receiving a call, is there a button you can press to silence the ringer? On my pro you can either Answer or Ignore. If you hit ignore it goes straight to voicemail and people know that you ignored it. Is there a way to just silence the ringer and let it ring through all the way?

Thanks!

On my TREO, you have 2 options.
    1) Just hit the vibrate switch, no more ring.
    2) Tap anywhere on the screen (other than Answer, Ignore, Ignore with Text) it will go silent.

Both, do not send the usere to voicemail immediately.
    That doesnt work the same on the PRO?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Here are the 3 main things that annoy me about the Treo Pro that I have never seen on any other phone besides Palm devices and I pray that they didn't add these "features" to the Pre.

1) There's no way of turning the phone off, just resetting it. Even then, in order to reset it I have to take off the battery cover and use the stylus to hit the tiny reset button. If I want the phone off, I have to take the battery out. I went to Mexico and had to store my battery seperate from my phone for a week...awesome! Thanks for the excellent feature Palm. Is this the same for the Pre?

2) Are there ringer profiles? Such as volume on, ringer, and silent? For me to put my phone on silent, I have to manually go in and move the device volume all the way down and the ringer volume all the way down and make sure the vibrate switch isn't toggled.

Thanks!
    On all the Treos I've had, if you turn the radio off, there is VERY little drain on the battery, especially if you don't use the device. What's wrong with that?

Also, the Treo Pro has a ringer switch at the top which silences it. Sounds like maybe you are not aware of it, so I thought I'd point it out...
    Here's something I just thought of. Can you hold down a key to make it switch from lowercase to capital? It takes third party software on Palm OS but it's built into Blackberries, so maybe there's a small chance they decided to incorporate it directly into webOS as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    But d94 weighs 200lb and he concurs.
    I'm bigger than he is, so I will take it with a grain of salt. Although I have used the Centro's keyboard with some success. I'm sure its just a learning curve (or filing my fingers down to a sharper point)!

Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    How do you know.....?

lol
    She has a few video podcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    On all the Treos I've had, if you turn the radio off, there is VERY little drain on the battery, especially if you don't use the device. What's wrong with that?

Also, the Treo Pro has a ringer switch at the top which silences it. Sounds like maybe you are not aware of it, so I thought I'd point it out...
    Yes it is very little drain, but in my case of being on vacation in Mexico, it would be sitting there for 1 week. I would think the battery would die in a week. I understand that is one of Palm's signatures, I'm just saying I disagree with it. It's not a deal breaker to me...just a frustration.

I'm aware of the ringer switch, but that's just full volume and vibrate. There's no switch for silent. When I'm in vibrate mode and receiving a call, there's no way to stop the vibrating. Another small annoyance, but again, not a deal breaker.

You reset the Pre by pushing a 3-button combination or holding the power button and cycling the sound mute slider 3x.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Sure, you can turn it off. Page 23 of the user guide details how- in a nutshell, hold down the power button until the screen brings up the choices to turn off, airplane mode, or cancel. On second thought, it may not be a true "off", because that section is talking about turning off the screen and turning off the wireless signals (airplane mode) independently of each other.
    Here is an idea...

Pre Central ought to take all the Q&A in this thread and re-write it into a review.
    And thus scoop BGR:s "first site in the world to have a Palm Pre"-bollocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Here's something I just thought of. Can you hold down a key to make it switch from lowercase to capital? It takes third party software on Palm OS but it's built into Blackberries, so maybe there's a small chance they decided to incorporate it directly into webOS as well.
    Isn't that called a shift key?
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    Isn't that called a shift key?
    He's talking about keycaps. In other words, for a capital A, he wants to hold down the a key and after a short time have it automatically capitalize. I've personally never liked that, but I know a lot of people do.
  16. faz
    u lucky LOOSEY
    Turn the phone off? How bout remove the battery?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    Turn the phone off? How bout remove the battery?
    Turn your car off? How bout open the hood and remove the battery?

Sometimes there are simpler ways of doing things in life...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    What about AIM???
    Turn your car off? How bout open the hood and remove the battery?

Sometimes there are simpler ways of doing things in life...
    Don't be daft, you know what he meant.