Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Must be bedtime for D94... damn...

and I wanted to see a "review video" and those HD pics...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    p.s. I hate you. LOL
    LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Can you check if you can be on a call while using data over wifi?

This is probably a no brainer but just want to confirm.

Thanks!
    This was answered earlier. Yes. You cannot use EVDO while on a call, but you can use wifi. Furthermore, if wifi is available, the phone will, by default use it instead of evdo, since wifi is faster.
    can you mute the shutter sound of the camera?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    We've heard the default ringtone already - what are the incoming text/email sounds like?

(Sorry if I missed this being answered already.)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    This was answered earlier. Yes. You cannot use EVDO while on a call, but you can use wifi. Furthermore, if wifi is available, the phone will, by default use it instead of evdo, since wifi is faster.
    Something I would love to see implemented would be something like 'smart wifi'

Currently with my iPhone I connect at a coffee shop that just has their router as 'linksys.' To keep it easy I have it auto connect when I am there. However, it also has me auto connect at any 'linksys' router I'm near, which in a big city can be annoying.

Many times I'll be on the bus and my web browsing is paused because it's connected to a network that requires a password, or just isn't working.

I would love to see a connection that if no progress is made in 5 seconds, it automatically goes back to the cellular connection, or something like that.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm really sorry if anyone has asked about this already but can you give some information on the music player on the phone? What its interface like and does it do visual stuff?

I have a iPod Nano 3G, but I'm still interested in what the phone can do.
    Pre or TP2 ??, damn. Luv that big 3.6 screen and keyboard, but this Pre ?,, damn.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Boy Genius PENDING FOR TWO DAYS full review - comment on d94

BoyGeniusReport has been promising a full review for a bit now, but they seem to be busy(refer to off-color comment two comments down from the above post). On page 15 of the comments someone refers to you, d94. Thanks for contributing to the community; you rock. Plus, you smoked BGR, whose placeholder article (they keep moving it up on the homepage, although it doesn't change) is just the equivalent of a "First!" post.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Thanks d94

Is there a page down gesture?

Can you adjust the font size system wide?
    +1

Got to thinking about this yesterday when I was watching the D7 vid - wonder if you can change the font size?
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    @d94: BoyGeniusReport says of the Pre "thereís a real plasticky aura about it." Would you agree with that assessment?

He also says "When you try and type on the top row of keys, your finger hits the bottom part of the front piece and on top of that, you often hit multiple keys at the same time while typing. Itís actually really frustrating and doesnít bode well..."

What are your thoughts on these statements?
    natalie del conti of cnet, didnt think the phone felt plastically. she also didnt have any issues with typing on the KB.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    natalie del conti of cnet, didnt think the phone felt plastically. she also didnt have any issues with typing on the KB.
    Take a grain of salt with her review...she has smaller hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    But d94 weighs 200lb and he concurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Many times I'll be on the bus and my web browsing is paused because it's connected to a network that requires a password, or just isn't working.
    You should turn wifi off on the bus. Constantly searching for wifi signals is no good for battery life.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I don't think this was asked but there sure have been a lot of questions so sorry if I missed it.

Versamail's email signatures had a very small character limit. In the Pre's email client what is the character limit for signatures? Also can you have a different signature for each email account?

Thanks in advance for answering so many questions whether you get to mine or not.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I know the e-mail client can read HTML e-mails. Do you know if it can compose HTML messages, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    can you mute the shutter sound of the camera?
    seems a little creepy there to be honest lawrence...
    Here are the 3 main things that annoy me about the Treo Pro that I have never seen on any other phone besides Palm devices and I pray that they didn't add these "features" to the Pre.

1) There's no way of turning the phone off, just resetting it. Even then, in order to reset it I have to take off the battery cover and use the stylus to hit the tiny reset button. If I want the phone off, I have to take the battery out. I went to Mexico and had to store my battery seperate from my phone for a week...awesome! Thanks for the excellent feature Palm. Is this the same for the Pre?

2) Are there ringer profiles? Such as volume on, ringer, and silent? For me to put my phone on silent, I have to manually go in and move the device volume all the way down and the ringer volume all the way down and make sure the vibrate switch isn't toggled.

3) When receiving a call, is there a button you can press to silence the ringer? On my pro you can either Answer or Ignore. If you hit ignore it goes straight to voicemail and people know that you ignored it. Is there a way to just silence the ringer and let it ring through all the way?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    How do you know.....?

lol
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    has the video review been posted to another thread? I need to go back and look at post times...I think my sense of time with this thread is off...d94 keeps saying I've only been using the phone for a day and it feels like weeks Thanks a thousand times d94 for all the info...I was not even slightly interested in the Pre until I ran across this forum. I have been waiting impatiently for it to release so we could get on with some other sprint releases like the touch pro 2. Now though I am seriuosly contemplating a Pre.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Raoul Duke commenting on Dr. Gonzo