Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    well if you create your own ringtones can you drag it to the phone
    Thanks d94

Is there a page down gesture?

Can you adjust the font size system wide?
    is there true MMS?!?!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Great job so far d94.

Could you post a link to your video here too, thanks.

The only thing i havent read so far is about the audio quality through the 3.5mm jack, how would you rate it against an mp3 player with your regular headphones?

Thanks again.
    Can you just open the calendar app and start typing. Tell us what happens, we want to know if there is a search in the calendar app. Also look in the calendar app's menu.

Thanks in advance >
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Can you check if you can be on a call while using data over wifi?

This is probably a no brainer but just want to confirm.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    is there true MMS?!?!
    Both of these have been confirmed yes many times.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    is there true MMS?!?!
    good question
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Agreed. D94, do any of the boy genius remarks have merit?
    D94 has already refuted the keyboard comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    Originally Posted by Galtish:
    But can't choose to download (save as a file)?
    nope it just streams it
    I wonder what happens when you tap and hold on the link or select the text and see if anything is there on the menu for something like "Save As"?
    Haven't seen this asked before (and it's by no means a dealbreaker) but can you stream sirius radio? If you don't have an account you can sign up for a three day trial here, sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

Thanks! And let's see some more pics and vids taken with the camera...
    Some of these questions are incredible! Asking for him to sign up to certain things, send group emails, get free trials. Sweet heavens people the guy is doing an awesome job of answering questions but draw the line somewhere!

Thanks d94 for all the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie8307 View Post
    Haven't seen this asked before (and it's by no means a dealbreaker) but can you stream sirius radio? If you don't have an account you can sign up for a three day trial here, sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

Thanks! And let's see some more pics and vids taken with the camera...
    A few pages back in this thread, someone commented that this will not work due to flash.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    A question, if you have a moment!

Is there any "shutter lag" on the camera? On all my BlackBerry Curve and Treo 700wx, as well as my less-smart phones in the past, you would always have to hold the phone very still in order to get a clear shot. You press the shutter button, and you have to freeze for a good second or two to avoid blurriness. I'm real curious to know how the experience is on the Pre. I'm hoping there is little or no lag!
    When are these pics and video going to be posted?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I, too, would love to see what would happen if you just starting typing in the Calendar app. Calendar searching is of the utmost importance to me. As in, it's the deciding factor.

Thanks! Great info so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    A question, if you have a moment!

Is there any "shutter lag" on the camera? On all my BlackBerry Curve and Treo 700wx, as well as my less-smart phones in the past, you would always have to hold the phone very still in order to get a clear shot. You press the shutter button, and you have to freeze for a good second or two to avoid blurriness. I'm real curious to know how the experience is on the Pre. I'm hoping there is little or no lag!
    When has any cell phone taken a decent picture in various conditions? To me, it's the next best thing to no camera--like in an emergency--say a car accident. You want decent pics; get a digital camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I actually don't know of ANY phones that have that functionality (correct me if I am wrong). I believe it is a security issue. It will only let you get simple files of known file types. This keeps your phone from catching a cold. It's not like you're running a virus scan on your phone! Could you imagine if you did get a virus? With something like synergy, it could easily propagate itself through all of your contacts on multiple systems. It would be hella ugly.

Just my 2 cents. I really wish phones had this ability though. You can always just forward the link to your email and download it on your computer though.
    My Sprint Treo Pro downloads directly from .mp3 links, giving me the option to run immediately after downloading or to Save As. That's how I grabbed tonight's PreCentral PalmCast.

Viruses have to be written for specific operating systems, typically Windows and Unix. Even if the Pre weren't sandboxed, webOS doesn't have the codebase to interpret and run a Win32 virus.
    Thanks so much for the answers. The Pre will be my birthday present and I'm more excited by the day. Palm has done a good job and with any decent developer support, we'll have a real gem on our hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by arw4f View Post
    d94 - dude...you rock!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    You are amazing. Awesome news about the battery.
    d94- you are TRULY the model example of a teammate and the epitome of what the forum members of precental.net strive to be!! It would be my honor to have you in my foxhole anyday!! So after your comment about your centro batteries working, I immediately ordered a couple (one for the lady as well) off of ebay on the cheap thinking I'll be good. Lo and behold I then get to your comment about 8 hrs later and the phone is only down to 70% and i was like !! That's phenomenal news and I guess I'll have a backup battery that I won't need to use for a good while!! Thanks bro!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    good news everyone, i found the memory card slot!
    ... is how I wanted to read that.