Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    ahhhhh, well we got a lot questions answered, thank you very much!....did you take all those pics you said you were going to take? And will you post them?
  2. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    d94, can you please goto reader.google.com on the PRE's browser, log in, subscribe to precentral.net if you never use google reader and try to email a story to a friend.

if this works, can you try emailing to a group of people on your google contacts, like friend or family....

also, does reader.google.com show you the full website, the mobile website like on the touch pro or the iphone modified site?

AGAIN, thanks for answering all of this questions. i thinks its awesome you are not being selfish and lettings us know your experience with the PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Well thanks a ton for all the information.

Care to share any negatives you found while having it?
    Agreed. D94, do any of the boy genius remarks have merit?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I don't know how much contact management you do but I would like to know if you can group and organize your contacts and also if the contacts populate the way you may have them in outlook or your preferred contact manager. If you can't is there work a rounds to make management smooth.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    d94,

How hard/easy is it to take the battery out? I'm a heavy user and hoping that it's easy to take out, I was told that it was difficult......

Thanks in advance and your one lucky guy to get the phone early.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    I don't know how much contact management you do but I would like to know if you can group and organize your contacts and also if the contacts populate the way you may have them in outlook or your preferred contact manager. If you can't is there work a rounds to make management smooth.

piggy backing off of this........... I use gmail, can you comment on whether or not it keeps your gmail contacts group names?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    i also noticed that once i hit 18 cards i got a warning saying memory low, toss some cards, so i did very easily and pleasantly.
    Only 18 cards!!! This phone is horrible. I will get an iPhone instead...oops, I forgot the iPhone can basically only do 1 thing at a time.

Ready for the Pre!

Cheers & thanks
    RE: FTP out of the box via browser???

d94 -

can you please try to go to this site via the Pre's web browser -

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/

then see if you can download and upload files.

also - can someone more knowledgeable about FTP than me tell me if a basic mobile browser (iphone, winmob etc.) can utilize FTP right out of the box?

THANKS!
    DAMN the camera quality is great. Can't freakin wait.

D94 is DA MAN!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Can you check if you can be on a call while using data over wifi?

This is probably a no brainer but just want to confirm.

Thanks!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    How does the screen feel? I stopped by a Sprint store on the way home and played with a demo. The screen felt like thick plastic. Is this how the released version feels? Also does the phone creak when you push down a little on the gesture area.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    How does the screen feel? I stopped by a Sprint store on the way home and played with a demo. The screen felt like thick plastic. Is this how the released version feels? Also does the phone creak when you push down a little on the gesture area.

Did the slider work on the demo?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Did the slider work on the demo?
    Yes, it all worked but the screen and the battery compartment.
    d94,

I know I am regurgitating what has already been said, but THANKS!! You are obviously the man right now!

2 things...

1-Does the iTunes sync work with videos? Does the iTunes sync only work with DRM-Free music?

2-Is there a way to manually turn on the LED flash to use as a Flashlight? (maybe that is a far-fetched question)
    d94-

1. Basic question, can you type a sms message reasonably well with just one hand like on any of the Treo phones?

2. Have you tried using iTunes to manage music on the phone. I'm wondering if when using iTunes, does it simply copy the mp3 straight to the phone's mp3 folder - same way if you would do it normally? or does it do the apple way of crazy file names in meaningless-named folders?

3. Is there a physical reset button on the device? ..under the battery cover for instance.

Update: Removed questions related to mms and wave launcher as answered by forum members.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 05/29/2009 at 10:53 AM.
    I've been checking back every 15-20min to see if there are pics posted and a video.. im so pumped lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    so did i read that right that you can't change the notification sounds for an email/text...thats crazy! and d94: are you able to change the colors in messaging like on the treo and centro? im also interested in the proximity sensor as Beanis asked above...hopefully it works!
    This would SUCK! I have a special Mr T one waiting for every ones ears..
    hi d94, thanks for answering all our questions. i know that you can get music from amazon.com but what about a 3rd party like funformobile.com or mixxer.com those website you can download free ringers and pictures.....thanks
    To cancel the wave launcher, just swipe back down to the gesture area.
    Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    hi d94, thanks for answering all our questions. i know that you can get music from amazon.com but what about a 3rd party like funformobile.com or mixxer.com those website you can download free ringers and pictures.....thanks
    He said you can only stream and view files, not download.