Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    so did i read that right that you can't change the notification sounds for an email/text...thats crazy! and d94: are you able to change the colors in messaging like on the treo and centro? im also interested in the proximity sensor as Beanis asked above...hopefully it works!
    D94: Thanks so much for all your postings. I'm in the process of looking at new phones and carriers and right now the Pre is looking very good.

Thanks again!
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Pretty sure that uses flash. People need to stop asking him to check x site, before knowing if it's a flash site first.

d94 - can you tell us how well the proximity sensor works? Does it really shut off the screen when you have it by your face on a call? Any problems accidentally pushing buttons with your cheek?

How do you lock it before putting it in your pocket so you don't activate the screen?

How is the light sensor? Do you notice it's brightness adjusting well?
    the proximity sensor works like a dream - when your body gets within an inch or so of the phone the screen turns off so you cant accidentally press buttons as the screen doesn't turn on until you take it away from your face

Quote Originally Posted by jtayler View Post
    Look forward to your feedback, when I saw it the screen really popped in the sun, no loss of visibility at all. But it wasnt in my hands so I am curious what you have to say...... Come on sunshine!

You are the man with the answers
    no problem boss gotta shine once in a while right? ahah

Quote Originally Posted by crossover37 View Post
    wow! that is very very fast! that's unbelievable, and that is the normal website, not the mobile version?
    full website

Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    so did i read that right that you can't change the notification sounds for an email/text...thats crazy! and d94: are you able to change the colors in messaging like on the treo and centro? im also interested in the proximity sensor as Beanis asked above...hopefully it works!
    i havent found anywhere to change the sounds or colors.

ill do a video review and try to go through the menu's tonight
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Thanks for answering...we really appreciate it!
    full website
    Sweet! Twice as fast as my iPhone 3G, I like it! ... ok I got another question, if im using the GPS and I want to check my email or something, will the GPS still speak to me (turn-by-turn) if I open another application (email)? What happens? Also, does yahoo mail get pushed to the device instantly (not sure if you have yahoo but just wanted to ask just in case)? Thanks
    D94 is our hero WOOHOO! LOL Thanks for all your patience bro! you're a celebrity now LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    the proximity sensor works like a dream - when your body gets within an inch or so of the phone the screen turns off so you cant accidentally press buttons as the screen doesn't turn on until you take it away from your face

no problem boss gotta shine once in a while right? ahah

full website

i havent found anywhere to change the sounds or colors.

ill do a video review and try to go through the menu's tonight
    Gmail IMAP INSTANT PUSH?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crossover37 View Post
    Sweet! Twice as fast as my iPhone 3G, I like it! ... ok I got another question, if im using the GPS and I want to check my email or something, will the GPS still speak to me (turn-by-turn) if I open another application (email)? What happens? Also, does yahoo mail get pushed to the device instantly (not sure if you have yahoo but just wanted to ask just in case)? Thanks
    yeah how does the GPS work when a call comes in? does it suspend or somehow still let you know the next turns and what not.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Gmail IMAP INSTANT PUSH?

thanks
    asked and answered already:

yep you can push on gmail just fine!
  10. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    yeah how does the GPS work when a call comes in? does it suspend or somehow still let you know the next turns and what not.

thanks
    its actually really awesome the way the phone handles this. If im using gps and i get a call I get a pop up indicating an incoming call and i can answer or ignore. when this pop up comes up i dont get booted from the gps. if i do answer the phone the gps card zooms out and goes to the phone. i can put the phone on speakerphone and go back to the gps card no problem

the more i use the phone, the more i love it
    after spending only a day with this phone i can unquestionably say i prefer it to any sprint phone iv used to date
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    asked and answered already:
    thanks - i got lost in all the hoopla.
    its actually really awesome the way the phone handles this. If im using gps and i get a call I get a pop up indicating an incoming call and i can answer or ignore. when this pop up comes up i dont get booted from the gps. if i do answer the phone the gps card zooms out and goes to the phone. i can put the phone on speakerphone and go back to the gps card no problem

the more i use the phone, the more i love it
    after spending only a day with this phone i can unquestionably say i prefer it to any sprint phone iv used to date
    if you do pick up the phone call, how is it possible that the gps continues to work? isn't data involved which wouldn't work while on a call?
    yo D one more question if that's cool... Does it have the ignore and reply via sms feature like the treo and most palms?
  14. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    if you do pick up the phone call, how is it possible that the gps continues to work? isn't data involved which wouldn't work while on a call?
    not sure, but the phone does it lol

Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    yo D one more question if that's cool... Does it have the ignore and reply via sms feature like the treo and most palms?
    no, but you can click on the number/contact calling and after that you get redirected to a screen that you can send an sms from
    i just thought of this and i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere: are there any auto-correct/auto complete options in email, text, etc?
    GPS radio doesn't involve EVDO. Any programs using GPS should keep on working so long as the maps are downloaded/cached sufficiently. Meaning, it won't work very well with google maps. I dunno how Telenav manages maps.

On my Sprint Mogul, I can have TomTom running normally while on a call, but its maps are all stored on the phone.
    Does the Pre do ## commands?

Try dialing...
    ##DATA#
    ##EVDO#
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    In addition to the auto correct feature asked above is there a spell checker? Can you add words to the database?
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Meaning, it won't work very well with google maps. I dunno how Telenav manages maps.
    Usually, Telenav / Sprint Navigation caches the route in advance, so as long as you don't take a wrong turn, you should be fine while on the phone.
    Well thanks a ton for all the information.

Care to share any negatives you found while having it?