Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Hey d94,

Could you try the following on the Pre?
    1. Could you test the following sites and see if video streams right from the web browser?
    Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    inFamous commercial lights up your TV

2. If you wanna search for the closest Starbucks or walgreens, will it automatically give you the closest ones around you or you need to type your location?

3. Can you try to tune to an AAC+ radio station here and play music in the background while you browse a different site on a different card and while you are using the GPS system?
    Free Internet Radio - SHOUTcast Radio - Thousands of Free Online Radio Stations
    Also, is there any way to bookmark these radio stations?
    I like to stream music while driving and using the GPS system too.

4.Can you go to bank account sites, log in and view your account? Is it slow? I have:
    Bank of America
    American Express
    Chase

5. Can you go to? YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and use it just the same way as you use it from a computer? Log in, search, sort by date, view videos, leave comments.

6. Can you IRC from mibbit? This would be AWESOME!! if it worked.
    Mibbit.com - Easy and fast Webchat

7. Can you add an AOL email account to the email application? AOL email is free and supports push idle. Can you check if idle works with AOL?

8. Does email with HTML shows pictures in the email? or is it just plain text only for email?

Thanks man!
    Last edited by TreoRock; 05/28/2009 at 10:17 AM.
    Thats crazy you have 3000 contacts haha....my all contacts on gmail is something around 300.

But i'm just going to go through it and delete the ones that aren't people I want in my phone before I sync.

Won't be too much trouble for me...but goddamn..3000!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hey d94,

Thanks for all your info! I have a windows mobile smartphone phone (the "lite" version of windows mobile) and it always bothered me that I can not just download something - the phone has to download AND RUN it. I can't just do save as.

From what it sounds, the pre does the same thing (when you talked about streaming instead of downloading the palmcast). You can't JUST download, but you have to download AND RUN instead, otherwise it wont let you download. The reason I ask is because there have been lots of times that I wanted to download something on my phone and then transfer it to my computer later.

As a side note, does the pre have a file browser?

-Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllWires View Post
    Hey d94,

Thanks for all your info! I have a windows mobile smartphone phone (the "lite" version of windows mobile) and it always bothered me that I can not just download something - the phone has to download AND RUN it. I can't just do save as.

From what it sounds, the pre does the same thing (when you talked about streaming instead of downloading the palmcast). You can't JUST download, but you have to download AND RUN instead, otherwise it wont let you download. The reason I ask is because there have been lots of times that I wanted to download something on my phone and then transfer it to my computer later.

As a side note, does the pre have a file browser?

-Thanks!
    I actually don't know of ANY phones that have that functionality (correct me if I am wrong). I believe it is a security issue. It will only let you get simple files of known file types. This keeps your phone from catching a cold. It's not like you're running a virus scan on your phone! Could you imagine if you did get a virus? With something like synergy, it could easily propagate itself through all of your contacts on multiple systems. It would be hella ugly.

Just my 2 cents. I really wish phones had this ability though. You can always just forward the link to your email and download it on your computer though.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I actually don't know of ANY phones that have that functionality (correct me if I am wrong). I believe it is a security issue. It will only let you get simple files of known file types. This keeps your phone from catching a cold. It's not like you're running a virus scan on your phone! Could you imagine if you did get a virus? With something like synergy, it could easily propagate itself through all of your contacts on multiple systems. It would be hella ugly.

Just my 2 cents. I really wish phones had this ability though. You can always just forward the link to your email and download it on your computer though.
    I think my previous WM professional edition phones could download files. Mogul and Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    I think my previous WM professional edition phones could download files. Mogul and Touch.
    Ahh, very good. I mostly know BlackBerries. My expierence with WM is only with a Moto Q and HTC Touch Pro. And even then, When I had those phones, Ididn't quite use them as heavily as I use my BlackBerries, so I don't know all the ins and outs.

Thanks for the correction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Hey d94,

Could you try the following on the Pre?
    1. Could you test the following sites and see if video streams right from the web browser?
    Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    inFamous commercial lights up your TV

2. If you wanna search for the closest Starbucks or walgreens, will it automatically give you the closest ones around you or you need to type your location?

3. Can you try to tune to an AAC+ radio station here and play music in the background while you browse a different site on a different card and while you are using the GPS system?
    Free Internet Radio - SHOUTcast Radio - Thousands of Free Online Radio Stations
    Also, is there any way to bookmark these radio stations?
    I like to stream music while driving and using the GPS system too.

4.Can you go to bank account sites, log in and view your account? Is it slow? I have:
    Bank of America
    American Express
    Chase

5. Can you go to? YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and use it just the same way as you use it from a computer? Log in, search, sort by date, view videos, leave comments.

6. Can you IRC from mibbit? This would be AWESOME!! if it worked.
    Mibbit.com - Easy and fast Webchat

7. Can you add an AOL email account to the email application? AOL email is free and supports push idle. Can you check if idle works with AOL?

8. Does email with HTML shows pictures in the email? or is it just plain text only for email?

Thanks man!
    We know it's specs and abilities so:

It doesn't have flash, so 1 and 3 are a no-go. Searching for a Starbucks will show the nearest one if done in Google Maps. Emails are HTML and will show pictures.
    Hey, thanks for all this, first off, but secondly, is all this I've been hearing about iTunes syncing actually correct? Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by northy014 View Post
    Hey, thanks for all this, first off, but secondly, is all this I've been hearing about iTunes syncing actually correct? Cheers!
    You can bet that Apple will break any compatibility between iTunes and the Pre with an update to iTunes.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I don't know, 1812Dave. I would imagine that if it's being touted as a feature by Palm (which it hasn't yet, although it as been privately conveyed to me by a friend high up at Sprint about an hour ago), then there would most likely be an agreement with Apple.

Remember, having another device sync with iTunes is not unprecedented, and great examples of this are in the iTunes Sync thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    1. can you please answer my question on PUSH IMAP Gmail?
    Yes, please answer his question on Gmail.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    The HTC touch Pro camara is pretty decent, how is the pre's camara compare to that of the pro

Thanks
    did my Gmail push email question ever get answered?
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What happens if your browsing the internet or using telenav and you answer a call? Does it minimize the card, go the call and pop back up when your done. Someone mentioned that telenav in the past had to be restarted if it was interrupted by a call.
    Did you get a chance to look at the Telenav issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    You should see my calendar... I leave myself all sorts of alarmed reminders on an almost daily basis.
    I do the same thing. Constantly.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Is there a way to toggle just EVDO off in the connection/data manager menu?

You said it was a very good interface - curious about that one bit (I have EVDO coverage, but it's really bad and I have to fall back to 1xRTT sometimes).
    Thanks for all the great info!
    On some EVDO phones, you can turn off EVDO (force 1xRTT) by dialing ##EVDO# - wonder if that works on the Pre.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    The HTC touch Pro camara is pretty decent, how is the pre's camara compare to that of the pro

Thanks
    You know, I must have gotten a possessed Touch Pro, because my experience with it has been so different than so many others'. People say they love the keyboard, the keys on mine are so hard to press I was terribly relieved to return to my Mogul. Performance? Meh!

And now, you're saying you think the camera's pretty decent. I must say, I simply never did succeed in taking a decent picture mainly because the autofocus was so slow that by the time it was ready to go, the moment had passed. Hell, the decade had passed. And even then, nothing was in focus, because I inevitably mistimed when the shutter would actually open that the phone would be moving.

Blech. That's one of the things I'm really looking forward with on the Pre: point, click the shutter button, and it takes a picture at that moment, not five minutes later. Yeah.

Okay, sorry, vent over.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If I had to guess I'd say that Palm hasn't deployed the final OTA update, that's just my guess though
    I would say that's almost guaranteed.
    it doesn't look as if you can change the notification sounds... if that's the case, what sound does it make when you get an email and or IM or txt? I hate the sounds the iPhone makes and it also doesn't allow you to have a custom sound.