Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    That sounds like a memory leak... Not good if that is the case, especially with only a few hours of playing on it.
    Hows the speaker volume??
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    C'mon, that was just in jest.

Back OT: I don't rely on vibrating alarms and I seriously doubt the Pre's alarm chime would ring only once or twice.
    first of all, I apologize for what I said to you. The windows phones only ring one or twice, at least all the ones I've owned in the past. But i'll just wait for the app store.
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    d94, can you try to go to the following web site "www.6park.com"? It is a Chinese site. I wonder if the web browser has Chinese support.

The only thing I miss from Pre that's on iPhone is more language support. I tried an iPhone, it supports Chinese input system out of box. For me if Pre can support web viewing in Chinese, it satisfies 90% of my needs.

Thank you!
    chinese works just fine out of the box
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  5. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    can you change the tones for when you get a text or email? if so, can you put a custom mp3 or just from a preset list?
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    no problem, glad i could be of assistance
    Any clues to what might be some of these Undisclosed features that are to be announced at D7 tomorrow? Anything abt the phone that hasn't been hyped yet? I think I remember you saying you had a version of the unit that would be shipping to customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, and if one of those cards is your contacts with 3,000 contacts, I'd imagine that'd use quite a bit of memory as well.
    But the whole database wouldn't necessarily be resident in memory, would it? I mean, isn't that the point of a database? And anyway, how much space could 3,000 contacts (many of which are just an email address or a name and email address) take up? Let's just say each one is 1KB to be generous. That would be about 3MB.

My money is on a memory leak, but that's a little hard to believe at this point.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    But the whole database wouldn't necessarily be resident in memory, would it? I mean, isn't that the point of a database? And anyway, how much space could 3,000 contacts (many of which are just an email address or a name and email address) take up? Let's just say each one is 1KB to be generous. That would be about 3MB.

My money is on a memory leak, but that's a little hard to believe at this point.
    I'm just guessing, just like you I have absolutely no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by osubrad04 View Post
    Any clues to what might be some of these Undisclosed features that are to be announced at D7 tomorrow? Anything abt the phone that hasn't been hyped yet? I think I remember you saying you had a version of the unit that would be shipping to customers.
    Note his wording:
    "that the Palm Pre's going to be about to do"

I don't think the Pre has this yet, it's probably an Over The Air update. I'm speculating, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    How about this better solution, I take my "work" appointment at 8am m-f on my personal calendar and set a reminder 2 hours ahead of time. That's what I plan on doing. Then the stupid alarm clock doesn't wake me up when I don't have work, including days like Memorial Day. Something I have never seen a dumb phone alarm capable of doing.
    When was the last time the 'alarm' (I use that word lightly, cuz it's more of a notification) from a calendar on any of your phones/pda even remotely loud enough or similar enough in behavior to a real alarm, to replace an actual alarm clock? Having my phone go "b-ding" once every 5 minutes until it gives up on me is not enough to replace having my phone go "bzzt bzzt bzzt" until I shut it up.

As for the guy who thinks they didn't include an alarm application because it would get negative reviews, since it doesn't cater to everyone needs. Care to explain how not including something (and still pissing off everyone who wanted their own unique feature set) is better than including a basic version of something (and at the very least pleasing people who are willing to compromise.)

Think of it this way, there are 100 people, all 100 of them want an alarm clock. 50 of them want a lot of extra features that you don't have time to include, the other 50 will be happy to have an alarm (just in case)) How exactly is not including the alarm and pissing off all 100 people better than including one and pleasing 50 people?

Last I checked, 100 unhappy customers was a lot worse than 50 happy ones and 50 unhappy ones. (I made up the numbers to make things easier).

Edit:
    I don't care much if there's an alarm. I agree that It would NOT be the end of the world. Just pointing out what I considered to be flawed logic.
    Last edited by ellianth; 05/27/2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Added something.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm just guessing, just like you I have absolutely no idea.
    Comrades in ignorance, unquestionably.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I think he meant he wants you to record it so we can hear it.
    Yep. That's what I was hoping for. A while back I read an article that claimed palm made a unique ringtone for the pre. Can you look in your list of included ringers and see if this is true? If there is one there, can you either: take the file off the phone and upload it, or just record the ringtone playing (ie, play the ringtone, and record it with your computers mic).

Thanks in advance for taking the time to check.

Can you take another picture of the phone? My withdrawal symptoms kick in when I don't see new info about the pre in a while. Picture can be of anything .

----
    totally off topic: How do i use the m-quote function on this board? I pushed it just now and it only quoted 1 of the quotes -_-.
    Last edited by ellianth; 05/27/2009 at 11:07 PM.
    I have all of my alarms set to go off via my calendar. I have to switch up the mp3 that goes off every few weeks though because I find myself singing along and then going back to sleep.

One thing I have noticed is when I want to set a snooze, I don't turn phone alarm off because when you wake up its so much harder to set an alarm via calendar on my 755p than it is to change the alarm on my alarm clock or turn it off completely.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    d94 you are the MAN! Thanks for all your patience with answering our questions. Glad you are enjoying your time with the Pre bro! I actually had one question...

How do the gestures feel? Does it lag at all or is it immediate?
    on a sidenote there must be somethin wrong with my phone because now im getting popups saying im low on memory with only 9 cards open!
    sadly i see no option to delete em in the pre
    webOS update 1.02

Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    totally off topic: How do i use the m-quote function on this board? I pushed it just now and it only quoted 1 of the quotes -_-.
    You have to hit post reply at the bottom left after you m-quote all the posts you want to quote.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    3. sorry no scientific, but im sure once the phone is released and the app store is you'll be able to download one.
    In the Pre-FactSheet pdf that was found today there was mention of an advanced calculator. Maybe there is a setting in the calculator app somewhere.

This is what it says:

Calculator (basic/advanced)
    sorry i didnt answer you the first time, so many questions and i was just following the thread lol

but to answer you question once i added my gmail account to the phone and when i checked my contact book every contact i had got transferred to the phone.. sadly about 3 thousand of em. every single person iv ever emailed must be in that list!!!

on a sidenote there must be somethin wrong with my phone because now im getting popups saying im low on memory with only 9 cards open!
    Thanks bud, that answers a big question!!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Can we get a update on the low memory issue? Did a reset help it and has it occurred again?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    You have just given me the single biggest reason to skip the June 6 launch and wait. Unless you've somehow downloaded 7 gigs worth of data today without realizing it, you're looking at a bug, probably a big memory leak. If correcting it takes a reset, I'll probably sit pretty with my Centro for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    You have just given me the single biggest reason to skip the June 6 launch and wait. Unless you've somehow downloaded 7 gigs worth of data today without realizing it, you're looking at a bug, probably a big memory leak. If correcting it takes a reset, I'll probably sit pretty with my Centro for a while.
    You do realize that the kind of memory he's talking about is entirely different from your flash memory that you store things in, right?