Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Could you two get a room? As it seems you're the only ones who are so passionate about this topic.
    Now your just being an A-hole. What's it to you if I want a freaking alarm in there or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    People aren't acting like its the end of the world, we are trying to find out for sure if there is, and if not a work around. GREAT, an app can be made. Does that mean right away??? No, I use my alarm daily, so it is an integral part of my needs. If there wasn't a Twitter app, I could care less, but it would mean a lot to other people. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean others don't. Open your eyes up a little to the world....
    Online Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock 2 by Robbie Hanson

Citrus Alarm Clock: Alarm Clock Software

Let me google that for you
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Whoa Nelly... what??
    no lol, just that the network seems to be busy, atleast thats the error i get when i try to make a call from my touch pro or pre so its not the pre acting up
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  4. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    nope it just streams it
    which is a negative but not so bad since anyone who has this phone will have an unlimited data plan

also the phone does play it in the background while you do anything else!
    i thought you said in the previous reply to me that you could download strait off the phone just find the song you want hit buy
    Thanks for all the news d94!
  6. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JXC View Post
    i thought you said in the previous reply to me that you could download strait off the phone just find the song you want hit buy
    thats correct but i was answering a different question regarding mp3's wma's or live radio hosted online
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Lots of good information on this board tonight. Glad I found it.

Both of my concerns were addressed. Now I just need to invent a time machine to take me to June 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Now your just being an A-hole. What's it to you if I want a freaking alarm in there or not.
    C'mon, that was just in jest.

Back OT: I don't rely on vibrating alarms and I seriously doubt the Pre's alarm chime would ring only once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Um. I do care about an alarm. But I can understand why Palm didn't include one - for several reasons:

-The main reason is that EVERYONE has different preferences for an alarm clock. Such a simple feature has an amazingly vast array of different things it could do that people prefer. There is no such thing as a phone alarm clock that comes with ANY phone that everyone universally loves.

- Because of this, had palm gone though the effort of including an alarm clock, it would receive negative buzz. Period. No matter what it could do.

- I have no foreknowledge, but I am willing to bet you my car, my house, my first born child, and the $3 in my wallet that there will be AT LEAST one Alarm app in the app store on launch day. And I will bet you my toe nail lint that it (they) will be free. We've already heard several devs talk about making one, and they aren't that hard to make.

WTF?!
    Relax. Everyone has a preference for EVERY feature and App. Everyone has a different preference for how they want there emal apps to behave, so does that mean that Palm should just leave out the email app and let third parties take care of it? What about calculators? Does the fact they include one mean there won't ever be another one in the app store?

I think there is some level of basic functionality one should expect from a cell phone. To many, an alarm is included. If it's not for you, that's ok too.
    How about settling a little debate in the threads...

Setup one of your gmails or facebook accounts and "synergize" the phone...

Let us know if you get all your contacts or just the ones you want...

Maybe a small explanation of the process?!
    d94, have you played with bluetooth yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    d94, have you played with bluetooth yet?
    Yes, is the bluetooth as crippled as we have heard? Can you send a contacts or calendars via BT? That was going to be my main method of transfer when I get the Pre.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    in the ringer section of the pre there is a ringer you can pick that is the Pre ringer. could you possibly record it and post it on the Internets.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok a little odd. I text alot and I see the notification in the notification bar but if it is sitting in my pocket and locked what happens. Also can u test in something lose like basketball shorts and see if it is strong enough to get your attention. If you can show the lock screen that be great. And I really want to hear the pre ringtone. Just get a mic and record it and through it on youtube.
  15. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    How about settling a little debate in the threads...

Setup one of your gmails or facebook accounts and "synergize" the phone...

Let us know if you get all your contacts or just the ones you want...

Maybe a small explanation of the process?!
    sorry i didnt answer you the first time, so many questions and i was just following the thread lol

but to answer you question once i added my gmail account to the phone and when i checked my contact book every contact i had got transferred to the phone.. sadly about 3 thousand of em. every single person iv ever emailed must be in that list!!!

on a sidenote there must be somethin wrong with my phone because now im getting popups saying im low on memory with only 9 cards open!
    sadly i see no option to delete em in the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yes, is the bluetooth as crippled as we have heard? Can you send a contacts or calendars via BT? That was going to be my main method of transfer when I get the Pre.
    Indeed, was hoping I could send all my contacts to my carkit.....all at the same time.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  17. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Thanks for all the news d94!
    no problem, glad i could be of assistance
    on a sidenote there must be somethin wrong with my phone because now im getting popups saying im low on memory with only 9 cards open!
    sadly i see no option to delete em in the pre
    It's not a set number of cards. Each card takes up different amounts of memory. If you had several web pages open I'd expect it to run out of memory fast.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Would a reset solve the memory issue? I am wondering if it is some kind of software memory leak or the 3000 contacts have any effect. I would be surprised that 3000 contacts can use much RAM.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Yeah, and if one of those cards is your contacts with 3,000 contacts, I'd imagine that'd use quite a bit of memory as well.