Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Yeah this list has to be bull. There also aren't any stores within at least 2 hours of Philly on there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Yeah this list has to be bull. There also aren't any stores within at least 2 hours of Philly on there either.
    A few months ago I tried to buy a phone at a Best Buy in Philly and they no longer carry Sprint. I called around to other Best Buys in the area and was told by all of them that they don't carry Sprint phones anymore. I was shocked because I had purchased from them in the past. Anyone in Wilmington, De. near the Best Buy on 202 you're out of luck too as they no longer carry Sprint. So unless this has changed in past couple of months I guess I'll be heading to the Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Yeah not that long ago none of the BB stores around here sold Sprint phones. It surprised me when all of the Pre news about BB came out so I went to a few around here (north suburbs of Philly) and they had Sprint stuff now. None of the Wal-marts do yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I find it hard to believe as well that not a single Massachusetts Best Buy seems to be getting one.
    I agree, I did a little search and the closest BB to Boston getting one is in North Dartmouth. That does not make much sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I am doubting this list.

It says NO Manhattan stores are getting a demo unit.

Very hard to believe that when the Best Buy in midtown is used for so many events (Halo 3 launch, multiple artist signings, Gears of War 2 launch etc. etc.)
    Says my store is getting one, I'm not doubting it one bit lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I am doubting this list.

It says NO Manhattan stores are getting a demo unit.

Very hard to believe that when the Best Buy in midtown is used for so many events (Halo 3 launch, multiple artist signings, Gears of War 2 launch etc. etc.)
    yep, no Manhattan stores, but the store is Salem, Oregon (pop 175,000 or so) is on the list.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    The 12 stores it searched were all not participating, including a decent sized store. Buffalo, NY
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    List is inaccurate an incomplete. It includes no stores from NYC or Hudson Valley. And we all know that without those locations any store list is incomplete.
    Last edited by haydur; 05/28/2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Did you mean inaccurate or incomplete? I agree and it could very possibly be a regionalized list.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I don't buy the list either. I live in Central Nebraska and went in to my local sprint store 2 days ago hoping against hope my best buy would get some, and that I would be the only one here that had even heard of the 'PRE.' Well the girl working there says, "Oh you mean the new phone for alltel?" I said no for sprint and she says she didn't thinks so but I had her look up the sku on her system and she did and, much to my chagrin, it showed that none of the best buys in our district would be getting any. That includes the lincoln store and all three omaha stores.
    According to the list in this link... both the lincoln store and one of the omaha stores is getting a shipment of the 'Pre'
    Take that for what its worth but I would think KC is in our district and they were not showing up as receiving any either. I don't know what to think
    Last edited by huskrfj; 05/28/2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: poor grammer
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    The 12 stores it searched were all not participating, including a decent sized store. Buffalo, NY
    I live in Niagara Falls, and I did the same search. No stores anywhere near WNY on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    According to the list in this link... both the lincoln store and one of the omaha stores is getting a shipment of the 'Pre'
    I know that this wasn't the thrust of Husk's post, but thought I'd point it out.

I think some people are mis-interpreting the OP's point. This wasn't a list of stores getting shipments, it was a list of stores getting demo units.

It's obviously a safe bet that stores that get a demo unit will get units to sell; but it's not a safe bet that those that are not on the list won't get units to sell. It only means they won't have a demo.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I know that this wasn't the thrust of Husk's post, but thought I'd point it out.

I think some people are mis-interpreting the OP's point. This wasn't a list of stores getting shipments, it was a list of stores getting demo units.

It's obviously a safe bet that stores that get a demo unit will get units to sell; but it's not a safe bet that those that are not on the list won't get units to sell. It only means they won't have a demo.
    That is my point exactly. But since this launch has so many loose ends the list is not a be-all end-all list. Heck, Sprint stores don't know what they are getting, if any. How is Best Buy supposed to know?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    That is my point exactly. But since this launch has so many loose ends the list is not a be-all end-all list. Heck, Sprint stores don't know what they are getting, if any. How is Best Buy supposed to know?
    Ok update!

I just called both the sprint stores in lincoln, and confirmed they of course are going to get the pre for the 6th... They said they have had a lot of interest but do not know how many they are getting. One store was really friendly and the other, the girl was a snot... all yes and no answers. You could tell I was not the first person to call in and ask about this. This is of course not the topic of discussion.

So I called the Best buy in lincoln, and they confirmed they are getting the palm pre for launch day. This was one of the stores on the aforementioned list. They again could not confirm how many they were getting but also said they had had a lot of inquisitions about the pre.

So I called my local best buy, much smaller town, much smaller bb, and got some guy who read me their sprint memo about the pre and confirmed that they have 2 on order but he wasn't sure if they would get any or not, for launch day that is. WOW TALK ABOUT A RUN-ON Sentence Sorry

I hope this gives some credence to the list or at least adds a little to the discussion.

Oh yeah they also confirmed opening at 8am on the 6th!!
    Last edited by huskrfj; 05/29/2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: more info
    Good thing I worked for BBY for 10 years up until 08. I looked at the list and looked for the stores around me and I found 3-4. Good stuff I still got contacts in my old store.

Adam
    I don't know where exactly you live at in Long Island but I know for sure there are Best Buy's located over there. A few months ago, I brought a tv from one.

As far as that list I think it's bogus because I checked for Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island locations and none had the demo according to the list.
    The list is based on how well in the BBY company the store sells phones. If the store doesn't do well selling phones they wont be getting a demo.
    thanks karz
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12