1.    #1  
    I spoke with a representative at Sprint and I was told that they will offer insurance on the phone for $7 a month and that covers mechanical failures and issues with the phone and that if the phone is lost or stolen then the insurance deductible is $100. SUPPLY at Sprint Stores --> I want a Palm Pre but am with AT&T and have an iPhone so i want to wait and see what Apple will come out with at WWDC with so I dont want to have to wait in line June 7th for the Pre if Apple announces a new iPhone i might want and if Sprint will be getting more Pre's on a regular basis... so, i asked how often will they be getting shipments and she said EVERYDAY EXCEPT SUNDAYS, which means that I wont be waiting in the crazy lines June 7th and will maybe get one the week after depending on what Apple comes out with. The Sprint Employee sounded confident in her answer and didn't seem like she was guessing.
    So you were talking to an instore rep who knows all of sprints current inventory? Where is she? She could tell me the exact amount of pre's that way we can have a definite answer.

I hate to break it to ya, but she doesnt know what she is talking about unless sprint/palm is playing koi with the true numbers about the actual inventory.
  3.    #3  
    Well she asked her manager about some numbers so i'm assuming she knows about the daily shipments as well. She said they also won't have a "live" working model until launch day. Previously when I called that Sprint location another girl told me that they should have a working model a week before (she said thats usually when they get "live" models") but obviously this other girl i spoke to today cleared that up by saying they wont have one until launch day
    Daily shipment has nothing to do with the companies overall inventory. Most stores atleast in my area are expecting around 10 to 15 based of their sales and previous launches. So multiply that by roughly 1000 stores add in the roughly 1000 Best buys, radioshacks and walmarts all supposedly reciveing the pre. To be having a steady shipments of pre coming in daily seems near impossible.
    So maybe you can "lose" your first palm pre, and get another one for a 100$, and then jsut keep the other one as an mp3 player
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    I hate to break it to ya, but she doesnt know what she is talking about unless sprint/palm is playing koi with the true numbers about the actual inventory.
    "Coy", even. <g>
    Daily shipment has nothing to do with the companies overall inventory. Most stores atleast in my area are expecting around 10 to 15 based of their sales and previous launches. So multiply that by roughly 1000 stores add in the roughly 1000 Best buys, radioshacks and walmarts all supposedly reciveing the pre. To be having a steady shipments of pre coming in daily seems near impossible.
    Not all Walmarts will carry the Pre. Seems many of them don't do Sprint phones, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripple_sinner View Post
    So maybe you can "lose" your first palm pre, and get another one for a 100$, and then jsut keep the other one as an mp3 player
    ah, your screen name is appropriate, judging by that post...misspelled though it is...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripple_sinner View Post
    Except they have the ESN of your old one. So they might be able to do a remote wipe on it and maybe even ban it from getting reactivated. At least if they could, that would be friggin sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    "Coy", even. <g>
    I dont have FF at work to correct my spelling errors.
    I dont have FF at work to correct my spelling errors.
    Don't think FF would have caught that one. You could have been referencing goldfish...
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Don't think FF would have caught that one. You could have been referencing goldfish...
    Exactly, though it might have offered to capitalize it.
    Yea totally didnt think of the fish.