Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1.    #1  
    WTF we can do this with other Sprint phones over 3g....come on Palm and Sprint....so much for the NOW network.
  2. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    WTF we can do this with other Sprint phones over 3g....come on Palm and Sprint....so much for the NOW network.
    here you go buddy, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ser-guide.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    LAME
  4. #4  
    I don't think it's a bad deal. The last thing I need is for their network to get so bogged down (see AT&T's) that regular browsing it's a frustrating affair.

    This goes for Slingplayer functionality: doesn't anyone see the huge impact all that video streaming will do to a wireless network, regardless of how speedy it is? As much wireless tech has progressed, it's still no match (yet) for hard wired networks.
  5. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #5  
    I don't particularly agree with it either.
  6. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #6  
    Yeah. It seems they took a lot of pages from the ATT/Apple playbook...and not just the good ones.
  7. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    Yeah. It seems they took a lot of pages from the ATT/Apple playbook...and not just the good ones.
    yea, at least with the 3g iPhone though, I think you can download up to 10MB at a time over 3G, otherwise you have to use wifi. Don't see why Sprint couldn't incorporate something like this.
  8. #8  
    Everywhere we go nowadays there is a wifi connection... malls, airports, gym, school, libraries, dr offices.

    The only time that you won't have wifi is when you are in a car no biggie!

    Keep in mind AT &T and Apple didn't allow downloading over 3g until 6 months after the phone was released so not to worry.
  9.    #9  
    I shold be able to download songs whenever I am in 3G....EVERY OTHER SPRINT PHONE CAN
  10. #10  
    Hold on a second people. I don't think this is Sprint or Palm's choice here. This may have something to do with Amazon and the fact they don't want their stuff being downloaded over the network. This was the same issue with Apple/AT&T until they sorted things out a few months ago. Don't be quick to shoot down Sprint or Palm on this one.
  11. #11  
    Whats funny is people jump over AT&T for limiting their network

    Sprint does the same thing and they defend them.
  12. #12  
    Geez is every shortcoming of this phone going to be blown out of proportion? Only 8GB storage, HELLA LAME! No 3G music downloads, HELLA LAME! Not coming out until June 6, HELLA LAME! It doesn't come in sparkly pink color, HELLA LAME!

    That said, I'm of the opinion that this device looks sweet and has a dozen HELLA AWESOME features for every HELLA LAME one that's been brought up.
  13. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Hold on a second people. I don't think this is Sprint or Palm's choice here. This may have something to do with Amazon and the fact they don't want their stuff being downloaded over the network. This was the same issue with Apple/AT&T until they sorted things out a few months ago. Don't be quick to shoot down Sprint or Palm on this one.
    I've wondered that as well. Will we ever find out who is actually allowing this to happen?
  14. #14  
    As long as Pandora works on 3g who cares I can wait till I get to wifi to buy a song.
  15. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #15  
    Keep in mind that this is *only* for the Amazon mp3 store. Someone posted in another thread about iTunes on the iPhone having the same WiFi only thing until 6 months ago due to licensing agreements with the record labels.
  16. #16  
    Yeah....i'll remember that the next time I buy music....
  17. #17  
    I hope they have slacker as well! I have been using it for some time and it has some features that pandora would die for.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    I shold be able to download songs whenever I am in 3G....EVERY OTHER SPRINT PHONE CAN
    Every other phone uses Sprint Music Store which doesn't download MP3s but some weird format that's super small and compressed.

    It's lame, but make your comparisons valid. Not being able to download a DRM free 7mb Mp3 has nothing to do with being able to download a >1mb .ghz or whatever format the Sprint Store uses.

    We would all obviously like to use it over 3G and I'm sure this will be corrected soon, so I'm not going to waste energy being annoyed. This was the iPhone's story for a while too.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantCalibre View Post
    Geez is every shortcoming of this phone going to be blown out of proportion? Only 8GB storage, HELLA LAME! No 3G music downloads, HELLA LAME! Not coming out until June 6, HELLA LAME! It doesn't come in sparkly pink color, HELLA LAME!

    That said, I'm of the opinion that this device looks sweet and has a dozen HELLA AWESOME features for every HELLA LAME one that's been brought up.

    If Palm and Sprint want to step up to the plate against THEE iphone...they would have incorporated this...pretty simple.
  20. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantCalibre View Post
    Geez is every shortcoming of this phone going to be blown out of proportion? Only 8GB storage, HELLA LAME! No 3G music downloads, HELLA LAME! Not coming out until June 6, HELLA LAME! It doesn't come in sparkly pink color, HELLA LAME!

    That said, I'm of the opinion that this device looks sweet and has a dozen HELLA AWESOME features for every HELLA LAME one that's been brought up.
    They have an uphill battle as it is because CDMA has that crippling problem of no simultaneous data and voice. For a multi-tasking OS this is going to be painful for those who switch to Sprint and did not know this ahead of time. All these "Hella Lame" features may be blown out of proportion, but they are things that could have easily been flushed out prior to release. When you are the underdog you don't have the luxury of people accepting mistakes. Apple can release something half finished and people will still buy it up in hordes, Palm does not have that brand loyalty. They cannot afford being shortsighted.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions