Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    d94 who has the Pre, claims in another thread that he is able to download music from amazon over both 3G and WiFi.
    I think he said he could download it from amazon.com, not from the Amazon Store application on the Pre. I would be really surprised if the web site did not work. I'm not sure if net neutrality would apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I don't think it's a bad deal. The last thing I need is for their network to get so bogged down (see AT&T's) that regular browsing it's a frustrating affair.

This goes for Slingplayer functionality: doesn't anyone see the huge impact all that video streaming will do to a wireless network, regardless of how speedy it is? As much wireless tech has progressed, it's still no match (yet) for hard wired networks.
    You know... watching youtube videos is worse than downloading an mp3 file and just as bad as streaming tv from your home.

I wonder how many of the people saying that not being able to buy songs from amazon's mp3 store over 3g were actually planning on buying songs from amazon's mp3 store. I'd imagine if you opened the web browser and went to amazon.com and found the song you wanted, you could download it that way.
    .99 cents for a 256 mp3 file. that is like paying .99 for half a piece of pizza. 256 is well below CD quality. Go by the CD or download a FLAC rip. plug your phone in to your computer, transfer the files. you win.
    Many good points stated but I say....

Nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy the PRE....if you dont like what's initially offered....keep walking......and that's 'HELLA REAL".

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    people still say hella?
    Hella dude... Hella
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    .99 cents for a 256 mp3 file. that is like paying .99 for half a piece of pizza. 256 is well below CD quality. Go by the CD or download a FLAC rip. plug your phone in to your computer, transfer the files. you win.
    yeah, yeah, yeah. Your an audiophile, good for you. I can't hear the difference between 256, 320 or FLAC so I'll be using what will take up less space on my Pre and what will be most convenient to purchase.
    But would an audiophile be using a phone to do critical listening of music?
    Please, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference, let alone care, between CD audio and 256 kbps. 99.9999999% of the population doesn't even own audio equipment that is clear enough to play the difference. They will sure be able to tell the difference between 128 and 256, but from there on up the compression for Joe Average music listener is practically unnoticeable.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Yeah i guess you are right. 8GB aint that much. maybe some V0 would be good enuff. good point dudes.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234