Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ???????
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No. Hotmail is the worst of all internet email providers..... they do NOT have IMAP access. Only POP3.

You should look for a new provider....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I hope so. Windows live works great on my treo pro. Instant emails!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapat View Post
    I hope so. Windows live works great on my treo pro. Instant emails!
    Windows Live works great on a Windows Mobile phone, but they won't open it up to work great on other platforms. Imagine that.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5.    #5  
    So I will not even be able to sync my hotmail?????????????

Wow...noone I know even has gmail......
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    It might night be IMAP but if I delete an email on my phone it deletes it in windows live mail on my desktop and at windows live on the web.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hotmail may not be up to date in terms of technology aka google, but I am much comfortable with their UI/service than google. I get hundreds of spam from google opposed to 5-10 spam per day from hotmail. Plus I've had hotmail account since MS took over. Still, it's not gonna stop me from getting Pre. I just hope hotmail will get around to it soon.
    My simple solution...GET GMAIL. You won't be sorry.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    My simple solution...GET GMAIL. You won't be sorry.
    Whats so special about gmail? I really do not want to inform the hundreds of people snd things that I am singed up for, billers..that I have changed my email.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Whats so special about gmail?
    It's a beta,
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    As a matter of fact, I just started a GMail account today. I won't be using it for a while, but when I do get the opportunity to get the Pre, I'll be ready.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    It's a beta,

meaning???? You will have to excuse my ignorance as I am email illiterate.
    Whats so special about gmail? I really do not want to inform the hundreds of people snd things that I am singed up for, billers..that I have changed my email.
    Used to use Yahoo and Hotmail. Got tons of junk mail, it was slow to recieve/send messages, limited storage, hard to find emails I wanted.

Gmail has huge storage, I've never gotten a piece of junk email, and great integration with other google features like GChat, GMaps, Reader. Filters and Labels make it easy to find email you want, and Archive + great storage means you never have to delete an email that you might need to reference later.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    you can go to your settings -> account -> and Get mail from other accounts:

I just did this a few weeks ago, and it's importing all the things from my hotmail into gmail.

The only thing I don't like about gmail yet, how do you sort in the from field?

Also AlwayzRight, gmail does not have folders, it uses labels instead.
    Sprint has in the past used a third party provider (Seven, I think) to make Sprint Mobile Email (I think that's what it's called). That allowed push from Hotmail, but I think it used a text message mechanism. I don't think you'll see that for the Pre any time soon. But an application to check Hotmail via the web doesn't seem like it would be too hard.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    meaning???? You will have to excuse my ignorance as I am email illiterate.
    It was a rather annemic joke, sorry. G-mail is perpetually in beta release, meaning it is never a final version.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    you can go to your settings -> account -> and Get mail from other accounts:

I just did this a few weeks ago, and it's importing all the things from my hotmail into gmail.

Also AlwayzRight, gmail does not have folders, it uses labels instead.
    How often can you get mail from other accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    As in you want to find all posts from Bob Jones?

Searching in Gmail uses the same kind of language as Google Search. For finding messages by sender you do a search for "from:bob.jones@email.com" or "from:Bob Jones."
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    How often can you get mail from other accounts?
    when an e-mail is sent to my hotmail or aol account, I get into my gmail in about 2-3 minutes.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    So I will not even be able to sync my hotmail?????????????

Wow...noone I know even has gmail......
    Really? Most people I know ONLY have gmail or yahoo. I laugh every time I see someone with a hotmail or aim address. No offense though, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Longster View Post
    Hotmail may not be up to date in terms of technology aka google, but I am much comfortable with their UI/service than google. I get hundreds of spam from google opposed to 5-10 spam per day from hotmail. Plus I've had hotmail account since MS took over. Still, it's not gonna stop me from getting Pre. I just hope hotmail will get around to it soon.
    Gmail isn't filtering out your junk mail? That's odd, because until I told Hotmail to only put people I knew into the inbox, all I got was spam. Different strokes, different folks, I guess. Maybe try setting up a new gmail account and see if that helps. I truly get almost zero spams in my inbox with gmail, and my guess is for most people, that's their experience too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast