1.    #1  
    Suddenly, I've noticed various documents (such as the users guide/factssheet published elsewhere) that Windows Media (WMV, WMA) is being supported. I can't remember seeing either in the list of supported formats until now.

Also, I read a rumor (can't remember where) that Windows Media Player syncing is going to be supported. Could that be some of the functionality that's being hinted at by the likes of Mossberg? Not sure that it would be groundbreaking stuff... Not even sure if it's a good thing.

At the same time, Windows Media Center support would be interesting, particularly since WMC just added Netflix support.

Mods: please put this post in the HIGHLY SPECULATIVE AND SUSPECT category.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Tested this out this morning...it plays WMA but does not play WMV files. Won't even find the WMV files, in fact.
    Haven't seen a WMV file in quite some time, so that doesn't really bother me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Haven't seen a WMV file in quite some time, so that doesn't really bother me.
    From the User's Guide:

"If you use Windows Media Player on your computer, you can use that app's Sync feature to transfer music between your phone and your computer. You can also download the Palm Music Assistant, which lets you copy music from your phone directly to your desktop music player."

Then it has a link you can hit (which of course does not yet work)
    I use mp3 for audio and avi for video so I should be fine with Windows Media Center sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemist View Post
    Tested this out this morning...it plays WMA but does not play WMV files. Won't even find the WMV files, in fact.
    So either the User Guide is wrong or your Pre is.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)