Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. ZDriver's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
       #1  
    It sure does sound like this phone is gonna be in USB mode quite A LOT!! User maual says in order to delete a video I have to be in USB mode (WTF) in order to delete music I have to be in USB mode (WTF) in order to delete a picture do I have to be in USB mode also???? come on Paaaaaalllllllmmm did it have to be this complicated??????? any one else think this is just CRAZY..
  2. #2  
    I'm not surprised at the decisions that these companies make anymore. I agree with you. Why can't we just go to the video, picture, or song and delete it from the phone?
  3. #3  
    Very stupid if true. Hello Apple.. oh sorry this is Palm.
  4. #4  
    I agree, it seems unduly onerous.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    It sure does sound like this phone is gonna be in USB mode quite A LOT!! User maual says in order to delete a video I have to be in USB mode (WTF) in order to delete music I have to be in USB mode (WTF) in order to delete a picture do I have to be in USB mode also???? come on Paaaaaalllllllmmm did it have to be this complicated??????? any one else think this is just CRAZY..
    There is apparently no native file manager in WebOS. Looks like a third party app (like filez, resco explorer) will be required to do file management. Odd indeed.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  6. #6  
    Alright, what does USB mode actually mean? Does it mean the Pre has to be attached to a computer? Or do you just have to access the USB Mass Storage to delete files, etc., since that is where they reside?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  7. ZDriver's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Alright, what does USB mode actually mean? Does it mean the Pre has to be attached to a computer? Or do you just have to access the USB Mass Storage to delete files, etc., since that is where they reside?
    USB mode is clearly spelled out in the user manual on pg 81. Looks like pics can be easily deleted, just not VID or Songs!
  8. #8  
    Yes, it looks like they want you to use a usb attached computer as a file manager. Shouldn't take long for 3rd party file managers to be released (filez, resco explorer, etc).
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  9. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #9  
    It's gonna be a pain to use this- no easy way to sync photos, music, etc., unless third party things from Mark Space come out. Makes the iTunes and iPhone look a lot better in this regard.
  10. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    It's gonna be a pain to use this- no easy way to sync photos, music, etc., unless third party things from Mark Space come out. Makes the iTunes and iPhone look a lot better in this regard.
    How do you figure? You open windows media player, you select a playlist (music or pictures), and you press "Sync".
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    USB mode is clearly spelled out in the user manual on pg 81. Looks like pics can be easily deleted, just not VID or Songs!
    Unfortunately I do not have access to the user manual. Does it say you cannot be in USB mode unless it is attached to a computer? That is to say, is USB Mass Storage only accessible if it is attached to a computer?

    Can I remove a song from my playlist in whateve audio player I have, but only remove the actual file, since it is USB Mode, via the cable? Or am I forced to look at all songs and videos in my playlist until I plug in?

    Is this to prevent accidental loss of possibly sensitive date in USB Mass Storage Mode?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    How do you figure? You open windows media player, you select a playlist (music or pictures), and you press "Sync".
    i agree
  13. #13  
    Sometimes I think we're all a bunch of whiners. What I loved about Palm OS is that although elegant and simple, it was fertile ground for 3rd party developers who made it more useful, powerful, intuitive. This will be but another example.

    I have FileZ on my Centro and although I seldom need it, it's there in a pinch. As long as the apps are cheap like with Apple, what's the big deal? Usually a targeted app is more robust and customizable anyway.
  14. #14  
    Huh. I don't seem to recall being able to delete music or videos on my iPod Touch...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    It's gonna be a pain to use this- no easy way to sync photos, music, etc., unless third party things from Mark Space come out. Makes the iTunes and iPhone look a lot better in this regard.
    Yer nuts!

    itunes sucks, you need to sync it to the same computer for proper management and make sure itunes is even installed if you wanna do anything!

    While this isn't an ideal method, any computer will suffice in USB mode because it'll work as soon as you attach it to the port.

    Do I love this? Nope.

    Is it better than itunes?
    Hell yes.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Huh. I don't seem to recall being able to delete music or videos on my iPod Touch...

    Uh, yeah youre right. Did'nt see anyone complaining about that.

    Also, I expect Google's Picasa will synergize nicely with the Pre at some time. With Picasa, you wont need to carry any of your photos on the phone.
  17. #17  
    Seems backwards, but not disappointing.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Huh. I don't seem to recall being able to delete music or videos on my iPod Touch...
    Yeah, but shouldn't the phone that comes out much later improve on the older phone. I hate that about the iPhone. Why do I have to sync to iTunes when I want to delete a song or a video?
  19. #19  
    Heck, my $50 Sansa Clip can delete songs...
  20. #20  
    File manager programs arent "allowed" on the iphone/touch, there is the number one difference. It'll come to the Pre in short order.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions