Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just trying to get a general understanding as to what you all feel the Pre is lacking so hopefully developers can build an app for that. List in the order of importance:

1) Voice dialing a must
    2) LED notifications
    3) Custom ringtones for contacts

My old win mo device used to have a feature where I can have diff ringtones for email, ims, sms, and voicemail. does anyone know if the Pre has this?
    Last edited by preman2be913; 05/27/2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Can't really add to this list until I have a Pre in my hand.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Nothing! The Pre has everything you've ever dreamed of.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Nothing! The Pre has everything you've ever dreamed of.
    jewel Great answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Just trying to get a general understanding as to what you all feel the Pre is lacking so hopefully developers can build an app for that. List in the order of importance:

1) Voice dialing a must
    2) LED notifications
    3) Custom ringtones for contacts

My old win mo device used to have a feature where I can have diff ringtones for email, ims, sms, and voicemail. does anyone know if the Pre has this?
    Voice dialing via bluetooth is on the Pre. Voice dialing without bluetooth is pointless as the amount of keypresses required make universal search or speed dial just as fast.

LED notifications may exist-- nobody has the device to demonstrate this. There are lights in the gesture area, remember?

Custom ringtones for contacts exists and has been shown in the videos and leaked screenshots. All phones the last 3+ years have had this.

Next?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Availability
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Voice dialing via bluetooth is on the Pre. Voice dialing without bluetooth is pointless as the amount of keypresses required make universal search or speed dial just as fast.

LED notifications may exist-- nobody has the device to demonstrate this. There are lights in the gesture area, remember?

Custom ringtones for contacts exists and has been shown in the videos and leaked screenshots. All phones the last 3+ years have had this.

Next?
    Hypo have I ever told you you're my hero? lol
    LED notification and an SD slot...
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Auto Profiles - I want my phone to automatically switch to Vibrate Mode when my calendar has me in a Meeting or Busy Appointment, and switch back to normal when its over. My HTC Diamond/WM 6.1 Pro does this.. its nice to have.

Reject Call with SMS - I had this on all my Nokia S60 Phones even back to my 6630.

I think all smartphones should have these features. IMO
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Auto Profiles - I want my phone to automatically switch to Vibrate Mode when my calendar has me in a Meeting or Busy Appointment, and switch back to normal when its over. My HTC Diamond/WM 6.1 Pro does this.. its nice to have.

Reject Call with SMS - I had this on all my Nokia S60 Phones even back to my 6630.

kilo my treo 755 has the reject call with an sms feature. I even made a post on that feature to see if the pre will have it. I truly hope so!
    A file manager.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Tweezers and a plastic toothpick.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post

Sorry to get off topic, but can you tell me what program you are using for Auto Profile switching? I really need something like that. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Sorry to get off topic, but can you tell me what program you are using for Auto Profile switching? I really need something like that. Thanks!
    I initially thought it was a feature of WM 6.1 Pro, but upon looking at my HTC Diamond, I believe it is an HTC feature not WM 6.1 Pro.

Using TF3D I go to Settings/Sounds and chose Automatic. I am not a WM expert... so someone else may have other info.
    A bit more memory would be nice.

Hopefully the serious Blue tooth issues will be fixed shortly after release

Syncing could use some improvements, especially from Google's contacts and Face Book

Virtual Keyboard

Aside from the memory issues, that is a take it or leave it deal, Palm can fix the others in future software updates. Hopefully they get around to it faster than Apple but then again this is Palm so you never know.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    MicroSD slot & local HotSync. Call me old fashioned, but that's what I'll miss.
    Tethering.
    Availability
    Hulu or a similar service besides Sprint TV where it's easy for people to watch shows and movies on the device
    Microsoft Live Search (hey, if the Instinct can have it, Palm can too) or an equivalent

That's about it.
    I want........

1. LED for notifications
    2. ability to Synergize only the contacts I want
    3. ability to change the sound for incoming IM, SMS, and Email
    4. more storage
    5. WiFi sync with my desktop
    6. iTunes sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Tethering.
    there is another post that says June Fabrics plans to release PDANet tethering for Pre.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast