1.    #1  
    D7: AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson | John Paczkowski | D7 Highlights | AllThingsD

"Walt: Are all these new operating systems arriving at market problematic for AT&T? The iPhone, Palmís (PALM) WebOS, Android? Would it be easier if there were fewer platforms?

Stephenson: Do I want to see fewer platforms? Yes, itís better for my business. Will I see fewer platforms? I donít think so. So we need to take advantage of it and use it as an opportunity. Would I like to see Palm Pre on our network? Of course. We want a broad selection of devices. "
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    D7: AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson | John Paczkowski | D7 Highlights | AllThingsD

"Walt: Are all these new operating systems arriving at market problematic for AT&T? The iPhone, Palmís (PALM) WebOS, Android? Would it be easier if there were fewer platforms?

Stephenson: Do I want to see fewer platforms? Yes, itís better for my business. Will I see fewer platforms? I donít think so. So we need to take advantage of it and use it as an opportunity. Would I like to see Palm Pre on our network? Of course. We want a broad selection of devices. "
    And he'll probably have it in January...
    If 6 months exclusive is true then poor sprint with a limited supply. Plus it'd be weird seeing their "hero" phone on another network so soon..
    I rather have Palm worry about themselves than to worry about Sprint.
    Pre or not, all they need is a webOS device and they're in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If 6 months exclusive is true then poor sprint with a limited supply. Plus it'd be weird seeing their "hero" phone on another network so soon..
    Good point. Perhaps this (low supply) is where the 2 year exclusive rumblings are coming from.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    All I can say is AT&T just made my life a bit more difficult. I was all set to get an Eos (or whatever it will be called) when it came out and now have to decide if I will hold out for them to get the Pre. Aaaarrrrggghhh! (As Charlie Brown would say.)

Gargoyle
    good find OP
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Isn't that just hopefulness on the part of the CEO? He wants it, but no where does it says he's getting it...
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Isn't that just hopefulness on the part of the CEO? He wants it, but no where does it says he's getting it...
    Maybe just posturing to send a message to Apple, 'you're not the only game in town anymore.'
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Why wouldn't AT&T get it? If there is no exclusivity, Palm is incented to have it pushed through all carriers. That is an easy deal to get done.
    Let AT&T have it. Who cares. Sprint has the better network.

If AT&T's network was worth a damn, I would have got an iPhone months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Why wouldn't AT&T get it? If there is no exclusivity, Palm is incented to have it pushed through all carriers. That is an easy deal to get done.
    Don't forget. 6 months from now is a LONG time in technology time. The Pre will be old news by then and more focus will be on the next generation of webOS phones. AT&T won't get the Pre, but eventually will get webOS.
    Is wise for ATT to imply this. Any ATT user (iPhone or not) thinking Pre may now hold out.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    He only said that he would want the pre on his network. think tmobile g1, tmobile has it but no other carrier will get it but there will be other andriod devices on different networks. Now im starting to think that the Palm eos is fake because he woulda said that at&t would sell web os devices. By the time At&t were to get it the pre 2 would be on its way out. Dieters post saying that he confirms it is misleading because he sure did not say that they would be releasing it.
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 05/27/2009 at 03:20 PM.
    maybe this is a good move... then people like me that are not able to take off, on the 5th and probably wont get a chance to get a phone on the 6th will have a chance @ the limited stock.... the iphone fanboys that are wanting to test drive a Pre for 30 days and return it may hold off a little while longer