Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been watching the Pre-Launch for awhile now, and must say this is just nuts. This is my first time following such a launch. All of the rumors misinformation, speculation, lies and constant updates and such... so I was wondering is this the way it was for the first I phone?

I can't tell what to believe anymore about the Pre- almost every statement is disputed, debunked, and flamed. It doesnt help that Spint/Palm are so quite.

I just saying

MTW
    Actually, I was wondering the same myself. I also haven't ever followed a device like this so closely.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yes, it was. It was insane. I just kept hitting refresh all day. Kind of like I'm doing now and the next day, until it's released. I feel like I'm more informed with this launch than I was with the iPhone. Freaking Apple doesn't like to say a word about anything. What bothers me the most is when people get so pissed when you say something negative about their beloved unreleased unproven device.
    i'm not sure about the iphone, but it was EXACTLY like this for the blackberry storm.
    Yes, the first iPhone was announced about 6 months before it was released. Those 6 months were crazy.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Yes, it was. It was insane. I just kept hitting refresh all day. Kind of like I'm doing now and the next day, until it's released. I feel like I'm more informed with this launch than I was with the iPhone. Freaking Apple doesn't like to say a word about anything. What bothers me the most is when people get so pissed when you say something negative about their beloved unreleased unproven device.
    How dare you say that you Apple fanboy!!! I bet you sleep with Steve Jobs every night!! May you rot in hell!!!

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    How dare you say that you Apple fanboy!!! I bet you sleep with Steve Jobs every night!! May you rot in hell!!!

/sarcasm
    See, what I'm talking about?
    Pogue had one of the first 3 reviews http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/te...s/27pogue.html It and the other two came out two days before the release.

Others like this one, iPhone review, flowed out after the June 29th release.
    It's like this for Treo releases also.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtwest View Post
    I have been watching the Pre-Launch for awhile now, and must say this is just nuts. This is my first time following such a launch. All of the rumors misinformation, speculation, lies and constant updates and such... so I was wondering is this the way it was for the first I phone?

I can't tell what to believe anymore about the Pre- almost every statement is disputed, debunked, and flamed. It doesnt help that Spint/Palm are so quite.

I just saying

MTW
    You should try to distinguish between official statements and rumors. That'll make your life easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    See, what I'm talking about?
    I don't have any problem with you saying anything negative about the Pre, or Palm, or Sprint.

I think everyone on here should be free to openly discuss, and even berate, the Pre, Palm, and/or Sprint; and without criticism of any kind, nor any fear of recriminations or putdowns.

I'll also say that your avatar of your lady is quite lovely...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't have any problem with you saying anything negative about the Pre, or Palm, or Sprint.

I think everyone on here should be free to openly discuss, and even berate, the Pre, Palm, and/or Sprint; and without criticism of any kind, nor any fear of recriminations or putdowns.

I'll also say that your avatar of your lady is quite lovely...
    Thanks, her name is Georgia. I've been meaning to get braces.
    I should add that I meant any company or device not just Pre, Palm, or Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtwest
    This is my first time following such a launch. All of the rumors misinformation, speculation, lies and constant updates and such... so I was wondering is this the way it was for the first I phone?
    One difference between the iPhone and Pre launches:

1. With the iPhone launch, the arrogant Apple fanbois wouldn't stand for any negative comments about their beloved, yet unreleased iPhone.

2. With the Pre, the fanbois aren't about Apple. They are just as prone to attack anyone posting negative information about their beloved, unreleased Pre, but they don't worship at the feet of the Palm CEO like iPhone fanbois do with Mr. Jobs.

All in all, it's pretty much the same. In reality, the Pre's utility will fall somewhere near the center of the "exaggeration continuum" being established by the fanbois and the naysayers - just like with iPhone. Now if Dave Pogue performs a Pre musical number like he did with iPhone, you'll know the Pre has truly arrived!
    Quote Originally Posted by smatyas View Post
    i'm not sure about the iphone, but it was EXACTLY like this for the blackberry storm.
    It was also EXACTLY like this for the Blackberry Bold too. After that whole fiasco, I hoped that the leadup to the Pre launch wouldn't be the same. We all know how this one turned out.

I would like to say that I will not closely follow another device again. But I know that I'm just lying to myself.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I would like to say that I will not closely follow another device again. But I know that I'm just lying to myself.
    That's exactly how I feel.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Well it looks like par for the course. Thought i was addicted and alone, well I see I am not alone and we are all ok, no need to go see the shrink.

I will wait it out and get one when I can.
    Ya'll should have seen me when the Atari VCS (later known as the 2600) came out...

sigh... back in the good ol' days...

No internet - we had to complain to each other on the phone, or go talk on the street coner.

It was so ... so ... primitive!!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ya'll should have seen me when the Atari VCS (later known as the 2600) came out...

sigh... back in the good ol' days...

No internet - we had to complain to each other on the phone, or go talk on the street coner.

It was so ... so ... primitive!!
    how did you ever get leaks then? Cause that was before Al Gore came along.