Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    A momentary blink of an LED uses negligible battery power. IF they can't make a phone with a message indicator, they shouldn't be building phones in the first place.
    well that's just my point.

A blinking message LED isn't some crazy complex thing - previous Treos have had one. So why not have the feature at the outset?
    perhaps there are no LED's? The only one mentioned in the User Guide is the LED Flash for the camera. It does mention Notification Icons, though, on pg 36 in the layout of the Touchscreen:

Notification icons: Show missed calls, new voicemail and email
    messages, and more. Tap the bottom of the screen to view notification
    details (see “View All Your Notifications” on page 74).
    Page 74 furter expands on this. It sounds to me like the entire screen might activate on missed calls, new voicemails, etc., then the notifications become icons if they're not acted on.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I think he is talking about the lights that are under the non-screen gesture area. That's an incredible idea. Do we have anything indicating Palm ISN'T going to do this?
  4.    #24  
    I didn't notice any mention in the User Guide.
    I always assumed the whole screen would light up on reception of a notification, like my Nokia does. I haven't seen any reason to believe it doesn't do this.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    I always assumed the whole screen would light up on reception of a notification, like my Nokia does. I haven't seen any reason to believe it doesn't do this.
    That sounds like a battery draining method, but I suppose it's better than no visual indication. I really need (yes, NEED, not just WANT) it to visually indicate messages as well as calls.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12