1.    #1  
    I have a 755p and am liking the looks of the new Pre, but haven't been able to find much on its ability to run the many Palm OS apps the we now have on our Treos. Is there any word on how well the emulator will work with existing Palm apps.? In other words, is it worth making the switch now? tia
    Ken
    No real word, though the demos have show Classic to be quite capable. We won't know for sure until we've got it in our hands and can properly review it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help! Now, is there any way to guarantee a Pre on 6/6?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Thanks for the help! Now, is there any way to guarantee a Pre on 6/6?

now ur getting out of control
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Does anyone know if Classic offers the option to "turn off" the virtual buttons. I'm thinking that viewing full-screen, landscape video in TCMCP or Kinoma would be a great option until similar software is offered for WebOS, but it seems silly to have 1/3 of the screen taken up by buttons that aren't needed for that application.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cu4abeer View Post
    Does anyone know if Classic offers the option to "turn off" the virtual buttons. I'm thinking that viewing full-screen, landscape video in TCMCP or Kinoma would be a great option until similar software is offered for WebOS, but it seems silly to have 1/3 of the screen taken up by buttons that aren't needed for that application.
    Uhh... why would you need those two? The Pre supports all video and streaming natively?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I keep seeing that it only supports .WMV video files. I have several files already encoded in other, TCMCP-compatible formats. It would be easier to load all of these files within Classic rather than convert them.
    Pre supports MPEG-4, H.263, and H.264.

Sprint: Meet the Palm Pre
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Is there any word on how well the emulator will work with existing Palm apps.?
    It won't support hotsync and runs an older version of PalmOS that may cause some recent Treo centric apps problems. If you want to run an older standalone app, it shouldn't be a problem.