Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
       #1  
    For those of you whom have had your hands on the Pre, have any of you guys timed how long it takes to reboot?

    I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330 and sometimes I need to battery pull it as the phone's responsiveness will slow down over time. My Blackberry literally takes like 2 minutes to fully reboot before I'm able to use it again and to me that's pretty unacceptable.

    I just hope this isn't also the case with the Palm Pre.
  2. #2  
    I would also like to know. My Treo 680 takes about 1m40s to boot, which I am used to...But I agree, times like these are pretty unacceptable.
    Follow Me On

  3. #3  
    IIRC the initial boot takes a few minutes and after that it is pretty fast. Faster then a BB.

    It was mentioned in one of the hands on threads a few days ago.
  4. #4  
    I just rebooted my iPhone and it takes 1m6s. But I guess it wouldn't really matter to me if it was faster or slower.
  5. Scott_L's Avatar
    Posts
    323 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #5  
    My heavily loaded Treo 755P just went from battery insert to ready to use in 1:31.

    I hope the Pre is faster - I also hope to not be subject to any where near the amount of spontaneous reboots I get on the 755.
  6. #6  
    From the "got a Pre to play with for a few days" thread d94 said 1:32.
    Last edited by johncc; 05/28/2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: d94's still with us, so removed the comment about vanishing
  7. #7  
    Yep. It's 1 1/2 minutes.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    For those of you whom have had your hands on the Pre, have any of you guys timed how long it takes to reboot?

    I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8330 and sometimes I need to battery pull it as the phone's responsiveness will slow down over time. My Blackberry literally takes like 2 minutes to fully reboot before I'm able to use it again and to me that's pretty unacceptable.

    I just hope this isn't also the case with the Palm Pre.
    Only 2 minutes? Mine takes about 4, it's ridiculous. The Pre is one and a half, I don't think that's bad.
  9. #9  
    I just timed my fully loaded Centro in at 1:13 so 1:32 is not half bad.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10. mtgmt's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #10  
    mine took about 2 1/2 minutes this seems outrageous anyone else this long and if not how many apps you got? maybe i got a lemon??

    mt
  11. cl191's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt View Post
    mine took about 2 1/2 minutes this seems outrageous anyone else this long and if not how many apps you got? maybe i got a lemon??

    mt
    It's about the same for me. The boot time on this thing reminds me of what happens when you try to install Vista on a netbook.
  12. #12  
    Wow!!! I just turned of my BB8330 Curve, allowed it to sit, then rebooted. It took all of 5-6 seconds to be ready to use. Now if you are talking about rebooting after a battery pull, then I can't say because I have not timed that.
  13. #13  
    Luckily for all of you, you are doing a warm reboot which takes about 1,5 - 2 minutes. I read somewhere in this forum it will take about 15 minutes to boot from zero (a.k.a. cold boot). Seriously.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Luckily for all of you, you are doing a warm reboot which takes about 1,5 - 2 minutes. I read somewhere in this forum it will take about 15 minutes to boot from zero (a.k.a. cold boot). Seriously.
    It does take awhile but 15 is exaggerated
  15. UserOne
    UserOne's Avatar
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    My heavily loaded Treo 755P just went from battery insert to ready to use in 1:31.

    I hope the Pre is faster - I also hope to not be subject to any where near the amount of spontaneous reboots I get on the 755.
    The 1.5 min reboot time seems pretty consistent with my Pre as well (however, I didnt actually have a stopwatch on it ) . I too had the incredibly frustrating spontaneous reboots on my loaded-up 755p and am happy to say that I have not had a single one of those on my Pre. However, I think it is also worth mentioning that the one of the largest culprits of the dreaded spontaneous reset on most PalmOS devices is third-party software... something we haven't had an incredible amount of on the Pre yet.

    Just my .02... L8R
  16. kkacatin's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Proof2006 View Post
    It does take awhile but 15 is exaggerated
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Luckily for all of you, you are doing a warm reboot which takes about 1,5 - 2 minutes. I read somewhere in this forum it will take about 15 minutes to boot from zero (a.k.a. cold boot). Seriously.
    I know it felt like 15 minutes when I had to turn it on at the store for the first time, but webOS is really stable. I doubt you'll have to reset often.
  17. Fishous's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #17  
    It's because it's linux, and linux takes forever to boot.
  18. #18  
    Hell my 755P took FOREVER to boot.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  19. #19  
    Linux does not take forever to boot. Ubuntu boots in half the time it takes to boot Vista on my laptop.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Linux does not take forever to boot. Ubuntu boots in half the time it takes to boot Vista on my laptop.
    Agreed - there's no comparison.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions