Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I just don't get why they would make it Exchange, I mean the majority of people don't have exchange, do they? I could be wrong. How many work places allow any one to just have any phone link to their exchange services. I know my work doesn't. You have to jump through all these hoops and get permission from this manager and this manager. It's a PITA.
    I dunno, I work for a university and anyone with a compatible device gets Exchange access. Best damn thing I've ever used. It's also cheap to buy into someone else's Exchange server.

Anyway, that's why they are supporting Gmail too. Not everyone has Exchange so you can also use a free service if you want. They chose Exchange because it is the standard in the corporate world. I'm sure other options will come out as support is developed.
    excellent. We all kinda knew this, but it's great to see some ocnfimration. Plus, if its in here, then it's safe to assume it's being worked on already
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    desktop syncing not supported by palm, but...

Tip on page 275 of user guide.

A number of third-party applications are available that let you synchronize data on your pre phone with a desktop application. Visit palm.com/migrate-pre
    .to learn more.
    yay!
    What I'd like to know is if the third party apps will enable sync with third party applications -- specifically, is there any way I'll be able to get data from Pocket Quicken (run in Classic) into Quicken on my PC?
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    What I'd like to know is if the third party apps will enable sync with third party applications -- specifically, is there any way I'll be able to get data from Pocket Quicken (run in Classic) into Quicken on my PC?
    Pretty sure that you can not sync with Classic and any new syncing will only work with WebOS apps. There may be some workaround for Classic apps though, remains to be seen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12