Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79
  1. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
       #1  
    You can upload directly to facebook and photobucket, but where is flickr?? Maybe third party app will help with this.

    You can't download songs over 3G on Amazon, you have to wait until you're on WiFi (is iPhone the same way?). You can purchase songs, but they will just wait in queue until you connect to WiFi.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    You can upload directly to facebook and photobucket, but where is flickr?? Maybe third party app will help with this.

    You can't download songs over 3G on Amazon, you have to wait until you're on WiFi (is iPhone the same way?). You can purchase songs, but they will just wait in queue until you connect to WiFi.
    the iPhone can download songs over 3G. Come on Palm, I'm starting to get upset.
  3. #3  
    Since I have wi-fi at home like most people this is not a big deal. I will just have to manage all my movies and music from home.

    Does anyone know if there is an appication kind of like slingbox, but for music only? It would be awesome if I could load all my music to one server/website and then just stream my own music. This would really lower the hit of only having 8 gigs for me.
  4. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #4  
    Desktop syncing not supported, BUT...

    Tip on page 275.

    A number of third-party applications are available that let you synchronize data on your Pre phone with a desktop application. Visit palm.com/migrate-pre
    .to learn more.
  5. #5  
    Not as upset as I am to see there's no voice dialing on the Pre!!!
  6. #6  
    there will be hack for this pos 3g thing within a week.
  7. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post

    You can't download songs over 3G on Amazon, you have to wait until you're on WiFi (is iPhone the same way?). You can purchase songs, but they will just wait in queue until you connect to WiFi.
    I was afraid of this, and not sure why they would do it this way. I guess it saves on Sprint's network bandwidth . But as far as the iPhone, I believe it was about 6 months ago they changed Itunes where you could download over 3G.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    You can upload directly to facebook and photobucket, but where is flickr?? Maybe third party app will help with this.

    You can't download songs over 3G on Amazon, you have to wait until you're on WiFi (is iPhone the same way?). You can purchase songs, but they will just wait in queue until you connect to WiFi.
    That tells me they think their network might become overloaded.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  9. #9  
    the next thing I'm waiting to hear is that SlingPlayer will be available but only over wifi. This would deffinatelly be a killer for me.
  10. #10  
    Anyone who cares enough about Sling or OTA music downloads to get upset by a wifi limitation will simply hack that functionality back in. This just protects Sprint's network from the casual users.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Not as upset as I am to see there's no voice dialing on the Pre!!!
    Not in the user's guide, but saw this in the "Fact Sheet":
    Features Hardware
    ...
    • Bluetooth Wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP (stereo Bluetooth) support Profiles: HSP (Headset Profile), HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PAN (Personal Area Networking), stereo audio streaming (A2DP, AVRCP) Voice dialing: over Bluetooth wireless

    ...
    My translation - we may not see it at launch, but we will soon after.
  12. #12  
    Originally with the iPhone the reason you couldn't download over 3G was because of agreements with the recording companies. All of that changed when Apple announced a tiered pricing plan (not sure how related the two are).

    I'm guessing this has more to do with the Amazon music store and it's contracts than with Sprint's network.
  13. #13  
    I love how you reset the Pre...hold the power button and toggle the ringer switch!! Lol! I am sure that this wont cause premature wear on that switch! Lets hope that it wont need many reboots!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I love how you reset the Pre...hold the power button and toggle the ringer switch!! Lol! I am sure that this wont cause premature wear on that switch! Lets hope that it wont need many reboots!
    The 3 key combo is much easier to do... and less abrasive on the unit.
  15. #15  
    What does this mean?
    In the fact sheet by ringer types supported:
    Video Ringer & Voice
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Since I have wi-fi at home like most people this is not a big deal. I will just have to manage all my movies and music from home.

    Does anyone know if there is an appication kind of like slingbox, but for music only? It would be awesome if I could load all my music to one server/website and then just stream my own music. This would really lower the hit of only having 8 gigs for me.
    There's a program called Simplify Media for itunes, winamp and wmp. It works for computers and iPhones, here's hoping they develop it for the Pre. It wouldn't hurt to shoot the developers an email to ask/request it.
  17. #17  
    If it does need daily reboots, then I'll do with the Pre what I did with the Storm. Return it. I want a functional phone; not a hobby like the Storm has been for so many users. The Storm forum mods constant berate anyone who refuses to install the OS-of-the-day on their phone. My retort to them--I don't want my cell phone to be a HOBBY! I just want it to work.
  18. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #18  
    Saw that you can use Windows Media Player to sync your music from your computer to the phone. The Palm Music Assistant lets you copy music from the phone to your computer, should you not want to use WMP. Good news, except I'm on a Mac. Here's hoping that Doubletwist starts supporting the Pre...
    (page 82)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    What does this mean?
    In the fact sheet by ringer types supported:
    Video Ringer & Voice
    Sounds like the phone can replay any media that it supports. So when a call comes in, maybe it can play a video.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Saw that you can use Windows Media Player to sync your music from your computer to the phone. The Palm Music Assistant lets you copy music from the phone to your computer, should you not want to use WMP. Good news, except I'm on a Mac. Here's hoping that Doubletwist starts supporting the Pre...
    (page 82)
    That's interesting... I guess that the Pre supports WMA, then, even though it's not listed?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions