Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That's interesting... I guess that the Pre supports WMA, then, even though it's not listed?
    In the feature guide (I believe), it lists WMA as supported
  2. #22  
    I love the way it does updates.

    Here is some additional information about system updates:

    If you have Wi-Fi turned on and the battery has at least a 30% charge, your phone
    automatically downloads a system update if one is available—you don’t have to do
    anything. If Wi-Fi is not turned on when the update becomes available, the Palm servers
    continue to check your device for Wi-Fi availability for two days.

    If you do not have Wi-Fi turned on anytime within two days of an update becoming
    available, your phone automatically downloads the update over the Sprint network the
    next time the battery has a 30% charge and you have a Sprint Mobile Broadband data
    connection, as indicated by the icon at the top of the screen. Your phone cannot
    download an update over a Sprint 1xRTT data connection, as indicated by the icon at
    the top of the screen.

    If the battery has less than a 30% charge, you must charge the battery before you can
    download or install an update.

    To avoid roaming charges, updates are not downloaded if your phone is in roaming
    coverage.

    If you do not install an update within one week of downloading it, your phone
    automatically installs the update as long as the battery has a 30% charge.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I love the way it does updates.
    Yeah. That sounds super fancy to me. My hype is finally starting to build right back up again.

    Not being able to download songs without a WiFi connection is kind of a bummer though.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post

    Not being able to download songs without a WiFi connection is kind of a bummer though.
    Yep, its the NOW network. But not for music.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    You can upload directly to facebook and photobucket, but where is flickr?? Maybe third party app will help with this.

    You can't download songs over 3G on Amazon, you have to wait until you're on WiFi (is iPhone the same way?)......
    Flicker - if it's popular enough, i'm guessing it would come in a phone update
    Amazon - that's stupid. we pay for 3G becasue we want high speed everywhere. To force u to wait until wifi is availble is dumb
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  6. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
       #26  
    There's some confusion from the Sprint documents about format support:

    Here's what is says in the FactSheet:
    Video Formats: WMV
    Audio Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3

    Here's what is says in the User Guide:
    Video Formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, and 3GP2
    Audio Formats from web or computer: MP3, AAC, or AAC+
    Audio Formats for files received as email attachments: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WAV, AMR, or QCLEP

    In the user guide there is no mention of WMV or WMA.

    In the fact sheet there is no mention of MP4.

    Confusing!
  7. #27  
    The guide also said something about being on a call and if your in wi-fi you can be using data also. or did I read it wrong?
  8. fry8's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #28  
    Maybe it's an old user manual, maybe the user manual isn't finalized yet, let's just wait for the phone to come out, otherwise we are just speculating.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Flicker - if it's popular enough, i'm guessing it would come in a phone update
    Amazon - that's stupid. we pay for 3G becasue we want high speed everywhere. To force u to wait until wifi is availble is dumb
    Flickr is more than popular enough. Might be a yahoo thing since Palm doesn't support that yet? My guess is that an app will do it anyways.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    The guide also said something about being on a call and if your in wi-fi you can be using data also. or did I read it wrong?
    Yes, that's true.

    As for the audio/video formats, I'd trust the User Guide over the Factsheet.

    One thing that some of you will like based on a thread from a week or so ago, is "hands-free activation." Apparently they activate it in their system while you're at the store, and you do the rest when you get home.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yep, its the NOW network. But not for music.
    I imagine it may change at a later date. I don't see this policy flying too well. People will migrate to normal websites to get mp3's on their Pre. I don't think they could block that. I can even do that on my Blackberry. I don't see why Palm's default music service (Amazon) would allow themselves to shoot themselves in the foot like that.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  12. #32  
    Also, unfortunately, it appears that the Pre will only have a basic calculator, and not the more advanced one that the Treo has had in the past.

    Of course, I can't confirm that because there wasn't a screenshot in the manual, but the description gives that impression.
  13. turtle3's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One thing that some of you will like based on a thread from a week or so ago, is "hands-free activation." Apparently they activate it in their system while you're at the store, and you do the rest when you get home.
    You are correct. I stopped by my local sprint store for grins (read: tried to get the reps there to spill some info by chatting with them) and one rep I talked to had already done all his Pre training. His quote was:

    "Yea, you might have to wait in line for the Pre, we're not sure yet...we're kind of expecting it...BUT...they made the activation process super smooth. From when you sit down with a rep to when you walk out the door with your Pre in hand + accessories (touchstone) should be 5min or less. It's slick (the activation process), that's about all I can say about it. So, even if there is a line - we anticipate it will move very quickly."

    Also, they had all their POS (point-of-sale) on display. Small Pre signs all around the store + a movie of a moving close-up of the Pre playing on a few plasma screens.

    This next week can't go by fast enough.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an appication kind of like slingbox, but for music only? It would be awesome if I could load all my music to one server/website and then just stream my own music. This would really lower the hit of only having 8 gigs for me.
    Slightly off topic answer to a slightly off-topic question posed above:

    It's not actually "music only" streaming, but ORB works just like this. I used to stream media (music, photos, and video) to my 700p this way. Video was choppy at times due to the upstream bandwidth from my old house. Haven't tried ORB in quite some time though, so I'm not sure how much further it has come.
  15. #35  
    For those who wonder the manual is final, its actually printed and inside the already made and boxed Pres.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    There's some confusion from the Sprint documents about format support:

    Here's what is says in the FactSheet:
    Video Formats: WMV
    Audio Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3

    Here's what is says in the User Guide:
    Video Formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, and 3GP2
    Audio Formats from web or computer: MP3, AAC, or AAC+
    Audio Formats for files received as email attachments: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WAV, AMR, or QCLEP

    In the user guide there is no mention of WMV or WMA.

    In the fact sheet there is no mention of MP4.

    Confusing!
    The user guide is the correct one on the video files, and both are sort of correct on the audio.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    "Yea, you might have to wait in line for the Pre, we're not sure yet...we're kind of expecting it...BUT...they made the activation process super smooth. From when you sit down with a rep to when you walk out the door with your Pre in hand + accessories (touchstone) should be 5min or less. It's slick (the activation process), that's about all I can say about it. So, even if there is a line - we anticipate it will move very quickly."

    Didn't I read a few months ago that Sprint was going to do things differently with the Pre. They were not going to let you out the door until they made sure you knew how to use the device.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    There's some confusion from the Sprint documents about format support:

    Here's what is says in the FactSheet:
    Video Formats: WMV
    Audio Formats: WAV, WMA, MP3

    Here's what is says in the User Guide:
    Video Formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, and 3GP2
    Audio Formats from web or computer: MP3, AAC, or AAC+
    Audio Formats for files received as email attachments: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WAV, AMR, or QCLEP

    In the user guide there is no mention of WMV or WMA.

    In the fact sheet there is no mention of MP4.

    Confusing!

    The fact sheet and user guide are still in beta.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  19. #39  
    I didn't think this would be an issue based on my 755p but on page 91 it states that you can text during a long call.

    Now if only I can get email during a call while on wifi...
    Last edited by PalmLoyal; 05/27/2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typed too soon. Pg 94 states you can email while on a call if you are on wifi at the time
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    Didn't I read a few months ago that Sprint was going to do things differently with the Pre. They were not going to let you out the door until they made sure you knew how to use the device.
    Thats beyond absurd. They wouldn't let you walk out the door unless you know how to use the device? Please take a moment and think about it. If you don't know how to set up your email, they would not let you buy it? If you didn't know how to sync to your contact, they wouldn't let you buy it? You can't walk out the door unless you pass a pop quiz?

    Really, think about how absurd that sounds.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions