Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    on the 6th, i will be taking a weekend trip to DC to watch the mets and nats play on sat and sun.

    if you were me, would you try to get the pre before you left? remember you will be porting your tmo number over.

    of course with such a limited supply I may not get one, but I want to try. but should i taker that chance considering I wont be back in the city until sunday evening.

    I will have a 2nd phone (work).

    thanks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2. #2  
    whatever floats your boat, but I'm not porting my VZN number over until and if I see that Sprint and the Pre work well. I'll give it a try for up to 30 days and if I can't get decent signals or the phone has lots of glitches, it will go back, just like the Storm I had for a week. No way do I want to switch carriers, only to find out the phone/carrier aren't to my liking. I won't mind paying extra, at a later date, to port the number, should I decide to stay with Sprint.
  3. #3  
    My biggest concern would be about missing a good part of the game(s). The Pre could be a HUGE distraction while you're there at Nationals Park!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  4. rotello's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm also taking a trip over launch weekend - I've already mapped out the locations of 4 Sprint stores near my destination. I plan to buy my Pre ASAP on Friday evening or Saturday morning, depending on how things work out.

    If I were you, I'd try to get one Friday night before you leave (assuming stores are actually open and selling), or first thing Saturday morning before the game.

    rotello
  5. #5  
    I'll be out of town as well. Not sure if I will have time to **** around with phone stuff while I'm at the beach. Might not be sober enough
  6. #6  
    I;m going away fro my bachelor party on the 5th. not happy .
    my current plan is to order the phone via telphone sales. Hopefully i can gert my order in and the phone will be at my house when i get home. Then i can go to a local store to buy it.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  7. #7  
    Bachelor Party?

    You better not play with the Pre too much during your wedding or the honeymoon, or that will be ALL you will able to play with... it's in your PRE-nuptial Agreement!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    my current plan is to order the phone via telphone sales. Hopefully i can gert my order in and the phone will be at my house when i get home. Then i can go to a local store to buy it.
    Does not compute...

    But enjoy your Bachelor's party!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I;m going away fro my bachelor party on the 5th. not happy
    You must not go to the same bachelor parties as I do.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Does not compute...

    But enjoy your Bachelor's party!
    And by enjoy, he means: SUCKER!!!!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I;m going away fro my bachelor party on the 5th. not happy
    Send pics! =D
    Follow Me On

  12. #12  
    The game will be a blow out, so it will be a good time to play with the Pre. Just don't port your number until after you get back. You can just receive a new number and then port it over later. Enjoy the $7.50 beers! I reccommend going to "The Bullpen" in front of the stadium before and after the game if you're trying to drink. Beers are $5 there which is about normal for anywhere in DC.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I;m going away fro my bachelor party on the 5th. not happy .
    my current plan is to order the phone via telphone sales. Hopefully i can gert my order in and the phone will be at my house when i get home. Then i can go to a local store to buy it.
    Bachelor party be happy you will be doing a totally different finger flicking gesture if you play your cards right
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    My biggest concern would be about missing a good part of the game(s). The Pre could be a HUGE distraction while you're there at Nationals Park!

    if i get it, will be taking a punch of picks and videos.

    might have to set up a facebook account to share.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    The game will be a blow out, so it will be a good time to play with the Pre. Just don't port your number until after you get back. You can just receive a new number and then port it over later. Enjoy the $7.50 beers! I reccommend going to "The Bullpen" in front of the stadium before and after the game if you're trying to drink. Beers are $5 there which is about normal for anywhere in DC.

    hopefully in the mets favor.

    i dont drink, but the ppl i will be meeting with do, and I will be buying beers for a couple.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  16. #16  
    Don't be taking one of our DC Pre's just wait till you get back to your cesspool of a city to buy one...... GO NATS!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Don't be taking one of our DC Pre's just wait till you get back to your cesspool of a city to buy one...... GO NATS!
    ha ha ha. a Nats fan.

    i hope to get it b4 i hit dc, but you can bet if i dont, i will be walking into sprint stores in DC.

    Im sure many ppl there cant afford it anyway.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Posting Permissions