Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I am a Priemer Spring customer 12 years and 5 lines on an old fair and flexable account that was discounted heavily. 2200 mins 109.00 and pay $10.00 a line for 3-5 and all lines have free unlimited TXT and Data.

I have tried four times to work with Retentions but there is nothing they can do but move me to Family Everything Data and offer me 5 free phone numbers to call anytime outside of sprint.

So, now I am going to be forced to switch to a Everything Data 1500 mins and pay $129.99 and $20.00 a line for lines 3-5, costing me $50.00 more a month and 700 less mins.

So my new problem is 2 of my kids lines are up for a new phone, but my wife's and my is not up for 8 months. In the past I would upgrade and then do a EIN swap the next day and give my kids my old phone and take the new one. With all the new rules will sprint not let me do this? Can I Buy the pre to get the $150 discount and then do the EIN Swap and give my kid my on Treo 755p?

Had a Treo since 650 days and after 12 years at Sprint and using Palm OS and all the great deals I am now having to give up my old Plan for the new Palm OS phone, I sure hope it is worth it!

Thanks
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Yes.

I went into a sprint store with this problem and they suggested I do this very thing. As long as the line you are using the discount with is on a Simply Everything plan and the line you switch it to is on a Simply Everything plan, you're good to go.

However, in the past I have found this to be un-necessary. I just tell them, I'd like X phone on X line and to use X line's upgrade. They usually comply.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    So should I do this in the Store or over the phone thru retentions?
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    So should I do this in the Store or over the phone thru retentions?
    If you're going to do the second thing I suggested, I would imagine your best bet would be at the store. For some reason I always seem to botch things up when I do them over the phone.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I just read on one of the other posts were someone at sprint said they were looking at locking the pre to whatever line it was bought on. If this is true then I cannot do an EIN swap, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I have now read at two places that the line you buy the Pre on the Pre will be locked to that line and there will be no EIN swaps, if this is true that will be a real bummer for people like me with 5 lines and have two avalible but want the phone on another line.... This is not good, any ideas?
    Well i called and spoke with a person at sprint and they told me that i could do the EIN swap....so shouldnt be a problem..The guy even kinda giggled in the background (prob thinking that it was a rediculous question)
    where did you read that from?? link?
    The posts I've read from alleged Sprint reps all say no. Their provisioning system, iRMS, is supposed to only have activation options for Everything Plans for all ESN prefixes that match the Instinct's or the Pre's. There was a period where Instinct users were able to slip through the grid, but not anymore.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just spoke to retentions and the retentions supervisor. They just told me I CAN apply the discount from another line but I will not get the rebate if I do not leave the Pre on the line for at least 30 days.

Prior to today, everyone had told me that I could switch immediately after activation on the line with discount. So, you can switch but it may affect your rebates.

Sprint is really doing everything they can to convince me to not get the Pre.
    FYI, the 30 days requirement has always been that way if you wanted to get your rebate.

to be clear, if you switch the phone to another line before the 30 days, you DO NOT get your rebate.
    Man, that really really bums me out. I did not think about not getting my rebate back..Man i may have to wait till JULY now...that really sucks
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    FYI, the 30 days requirement has always been that way if you wanted to get your rebate.

to be clear, if you switch the phone to another line before the 30 days, you DO NOT get your rebate.
    I hope everyone in our positions are made aware of this by the reps. I foresee a whole lot of p'd off people who lose their rebates.