Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    The user guide says you can link a reminder note to a contact so that the next time you are in touch with them by phone or text the reminder will pop up. That sounds really useful to me.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    That's sounds very helpful... especially if they owe u $$
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    The user guide says you can link a reminder note to a contact so that the next time you are in touch with them by phone or text the reminder will pop up. That sounds really useful to me.
    If it's in the user guide, that's really substantive. I should be excited (because it DOES sound useful) but I find that excitement level muted because when McNamee told us about a bunch of cool stuff, and I told people about that same stuff, Palm followed-up by back-peddling out of those statements.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    That will be a great feature for those that are in sales. Even for other business use it will be very helpful. I like it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Or when you get a female's number and don't quite remember where you met her... do it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    That's sounds very helpful... especially if they owe u $$
    LOL
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I think this would be very good for those who manage people or groups. I wonder how you will see this reminder as the phone will be up to your face? Guess if you are on a headset you will see it right off. Cool Beans
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Or when you get a female's number and don't quite remember where you met her... do it all the time.
    +1
    That feature makes me excited. It's the little things...
    Yeah, this one caught my eye in the manual too. I'm pretty forgetful, and absolutely love this idea.
    Me too. And speaking of the little things, I hope our PRE will have the "Find" function. I just used it on my 755P checking future Doctor appointments. Quick and easy.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnieeve View Post
    Me too. And speaking of the little things, I hope our PRE will have the "Find" function. I just used it on my 755P checking future Doctor appointments. Quick and easy.
    It does have a find function, but it's not global, it's limited to the active application. When the calendar is open just start typing and it will find matching appointments. Works the same for tasks, memos, etc.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I hope that feature can be persistent, and not just one-time use. For instance, if you put in a contact, let's say a business associate, and you want to talk about a property that you're interested in, the conversation that you have with them may or may not circle around the topic that you want. If the feature is persistent, then you'd be reminded to talk about that with them the next time, until you actually delete it. Somehow though, I have a feeling that it is just one time use.

It seems that even with just a one-time use, it could prove to be an invaluable feature to have.
    Michael Scott would love that feature--he could have his "don't say this" notes automatically pop up whenever a customer called. Might be able to get rid of that Rolodex after all.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Michael Scott would love that feature--he could have his "don't say this" notes automatically pop up whenever a customer called. Might be able to get rid of that Rolodex after all.
    Or have it color coded for things NOT to mention. Like the businessman's gay son.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by mtwest View Post
    I think this would be very good for those who manage people or groups. I wonder how you will see this reminder as the phone will be up to your face? Guess if you are on a headset you will see it right off. Cool Beans
    I'm betting it comes up when it rings, possibly when you call them as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Or have it color coded for things NOT to mention. Like the businessman's gay son.
    Precisely...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    This is seriously an awesome feature. Innovation keeps coming.