1. ctwicedesign
    i use entourage on a mac at work and have a google account (gmail, calender, etc.). any suggestions on how i will be able to sync calenders between entourage/google/pre? there has been a lot of discussion about syncing outlook with google to pre, but not much about mac users.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If you use entourage do you mean to say your company uses Microsoft Exchange Server? Entourage is just the Mac Outlook.
  3. ctwicedesign
    yes. the majority of our company uses outlook on pc's. the designers, including myself, use macs and recently began using entourage 2008 because of it's Exchange support, where we can now communicate calendar events etc. with those using Outlook.

my hope is to be able to still sync the pre with my entourage calendar on my mac, as well as google calender, without having the run-around of third-party applications and such.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So yeah, the way the pre works is it syncs with those services directly. So in the case of google, your Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google contacts are all synced directly from Google's servers over the internet. No need for a desktop.

Your company's exchange server might be a different story though. It's a matter if it is accessible from the outside world or not. (if you can access Outlook Web Access without a VPN you are golden). However, if you do need a VPN to get to your email, the pre likely wouldn't be able to sync with the exchange server.
  5. ctwicedesign
    good deal. don't need a VPN to access OWA.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctwicedesign View Post
    good deal. don't need a VPN to access OWA.
    Excellent. Then the Pre will work perfect for you.