Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Here is the deal for how the setup will work for syncing. I know a lot of people including myself are used to phones that sync to the computer over a cord or bluetooth etc but that is the beauty of the Pre and Synergy.

At most you would do the setup one time to your computer to gather stuff like your address book from outlook express or the like but for most services like google and hotmail it will pull from the server to get it.

Even from then on it is ment to work from within Palms cloud which hosts all of your stuff for you. Think of it like how BlackBerry works but without the extra fees for it. This setup allows you to do one thing on your computer and then it gets uploaded to the cloud and it works from that from then on.

Now this is speculation as I do not even HAVE a pre but it would make sense to me if they installed an app that worked on ANY computer (since it wont physically talk to the phone, which is where drivers come into play) running windows or even os x that uploaded the contacts or updates from your pc to the Palm cloud. All you would need is the login information it uses from your phone (the Synergy setup is done when you first turn on the phone) and the rest is done. There are actually already applications sort of like that for WindowsMobile phones but the services cost an extra fee that way. For free with WinMo you have Microsoft MyPhone.

I think our problem may be that we look at how mobile phone syncing USED to be handled in the past... This is a new dawn for mobile phones and I hope one that gets some other companies on track if it works as well as I think it will.

As I type this I am in Windows 7 build 7127 64bit so I feel the 64bit users pain lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by hamkins View Post
    This is indeed, the worst news ever. What is it needed for, anyway? I'm on linux, 100%.
    I think it has to do with only with using the phone as a USB device storage device. I'd just about bet money on two things:

1. 64 bit Windows support will be out soon
    2. Linux users will have their own solution even sooner
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think it has to do with only with using the phone as a USB device storage device. I'd just about bet money on two things:

1. 64 bit Windows support will be out soon
    2. Linux users will have their own solution even sooner
    If this is the case, Linux will have no problem recongnizing the Pre as a mass storage device. No drivers are needed.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    rc46 is correct. Lithium-ion batteries have better life if they are charged frequently and kept topped-off. See here.
    Thank you for that article... it was an eye opener... and your experience matches it?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Not being able to use a memory card is the one negative I have. Page 286 Back up and Restore Data: calendars, contacts, events, tasks, and apps are the only things that would be restored not documents. I can't see why it can't sync with Google Docs at least.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234