Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Facebook? Twitter?
    Facebook is not an app. It is handled as an account. No mention of Twitter, though. I would not take the app list in the UG to be 100% complete.
    Last edited by balboadave; 05/27/2009 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    They might not be pre-installed on the phone but I'd expect applications from both within the first month in the app store.

Failing that, the browser should work suitably until then. Bookmarks.
    Yes, facebook comes pre bookmarked with its own custom page. You can then set the page to be on the quick launch if you want. There is no twitter bookmark, but the universal search actually has an option to search twitter, which is odd.
    System Requirements:
    Windows XP Service Pack 2,
    Windows Vista (32-bit version only)
    MAC OsX

So that sucks. I guess it looks like I will not be able to connect my phone to my 64 bit computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    System Requirements:
    MAC OsX

So that sucks. I guess it looks like I will not be able to connect my phone to my 64 bit computer.
    Are you kidding me?
    Interesting. It says to charge the battery as much as possible and to keep it topped off instead of allowing it to drain and fully recharge. That's odd, I always thought it was better to fully drain the batter before charging!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    .wmv is the only video supported?? thats what it says in the fact sheet? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME
    i too am running my commodore 64, i just purchased it after my Tandy color computer III took a dive.

im not sure what i am going to do either.
    Quote Originally Posted by joehp1 View Post
    Will it support the Pandora music service?
    Yes, Pandora is one of the first apps to be named and they quote the CEO of Pandora all the time when talking about development on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Interesting. It says to charge the battery as much as possible and to keep it topped off instead of allowing it to drain and fully recharge. That's odd, I always thought it was better to fully drain the batter before charging!
    Nope your thinking of the old NICAD battery technology. Those liked to be fully cycled otherwise they would develop a memory.

For the last 5 years cell phone batteries need to be constantly topped off and plugged in as often as possible for max battery service life and max performance.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    System Requirements:
    MAC OsX

That's what they've tested with and have support for. As your phone acts as the most expensive USB jump drive ever produced when plugged in, it is doubtful it would run into problems with other systems.
    Gee, could they have made the sprintgurus watermark just a little bigger and brighter?
    That's what they've tested with and have support for. As your phone acts as the most expensive USB jump drive ever produced when plugged in, it is doubtful it would run into problems with other systems.
    Agree - should be no problem with 64-bit.
    Transfer Data From Your Computer to Your New Phone
    If you previously synchronized data from a Palm smartphone—such as contacts or calendar
    events—with a desktop organizer such as Palm Desktop® software by ACCESS or Microsoft
    Outlook®, Address Book, or iCal, you can do a one-way transfer of that data from the desktop
    organizer to your Pre phone.
    Windows: You can transfer contacts, calendar events, tasks, and memos/notes from Palm
    Desktop software by ACCESS version 6.2 and Microsoft Outlook 2003 or later. If you are using
    an earlier version of Palm Desktop software, download version 6.2 for free from
    palm.com/support.

This might be the reason. I would think to use drag n drop, it won't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    Interesting that the in one place the fact sheet quotes battery life as 5hrs talk / 250hrs standby, but then in another area it says 4 hrs talk / 200hrs standby...
    Looks like battery life will be about the same as the Centro or the 800w. Some will be really disappointed but for me that will be acceptable. Brace yourself on launch week for a entire front page of "battery life" threads.

Cell phone battery life charts - CNET Reviews
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Looks like battery life will be about the same as the Centro or the 800w. Some will be really disappointed but for me that will be acceptable. Brace yourself on launch week for a entire front page of "battery life" threads.

Agreed.

Extra battery + car charger + touchstone = never a concern for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Gee, could they have made the sprintgurus watermark just a little bigger and brighter?
    I just wanted to give people something else to talk about... Apparently it worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

What's the over/under on first "The Pre's Battery Sucks" or "The Pre is a POS and it's going back" threads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    I just wanted to give people something else to talk about... Apparently it worked!
    Hey am all for giving credit where credit is due, but.......well, thanks.
    Does this mean that NFL live is not an available app? That would be devastating to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 123tempid View Post
    Does this mean that NFL live is not an available app? That would be devastating to me.
    Since the season is 3 months away, you figure Sprint is going to take its time and make an awesome NFL Mobile app for the Pre.
    I could care less about NASCAR but I admit the app looks very cool.
    I would expect Sprint to come up with a great NFL Mobile app and promote the living heck out of it in September when there are more Pres to sell.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast