Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now we know why that no one was allowed to touch the Pre… Palm had secret “weapons” to hold off right before it launches the new product… (in the 11the minutes)

Mossberg repeated asked folks to stay until the end and that lead me to believe that Palm’s session will be on Thursday…

Here is the URL
    D7 Highlights | AllThingsD

And the title of the video
    D7 Video: News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch, Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher
    (in the 11the minutes)
    I call BS on this one, but it might just be because I have a supreme dislike for Mossberg. Honestly, all the secrets this thing had are already out of the bag, what more could there possibly be?
    Walt: "And they [Palm] are not only are going to come and talk in more detail about the Palm Pre than you have seen before, but they're actually going to introduce some things that haven't even been speculated . . . that the Palm Pre's going to be about to do . . . that haven't even been speculated on the blogs, and they're going to show some cool features."

Kara: And quite possible the funniest video ever we've had from Roger McNamee . . ."
    Hmm . . .
    This is my .02 cents:

Why are people interested in what all these people are saying? All that matters is what comes out of Palm's mouth at this point. Everyone has gotten things wrong and most of these writers are bias anyways. Honestly, I don't look at all this crap because I know it does not matter and most of these writers just favor Apple crap anyway.

/rant
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    I call BS on this one, but it might just be because I have a supreme dislike for Mossberg. Honestly, all the secrets this thing had are already out of the bag, what more could there possibly be?
    I'm a Mac user but I dislike Mossberg too because of how he cant review a product without referring to Apple and how they do it better. He does seem to get first shot at everything though so if a secret feature exists then he's the guy who'll get to see it.
    I'm not a fan of Mossberg myself, but it's unlikely that he'd assert revelations that didn't come to pass by the end of the show, given his stature.

What else could there be? That's been speculated many times over: server-side mass storage (e.g. GDrive or Amazon S3), Visual Voice Mail, Flash support, call filtering, a 16 GB version . . . who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Why are people interested in what all these people are saying?
    Because he was discussing Palm's itinerary, not his opinion. I have virtually no interest in Mossberg's review. But when he tells the audience to stay until the end of the show because Palm's "actually going to introduce some things," he's not editorializing.
    I doubt it is hardware but if it is they may release a 16gb version in a couple of weeks or so that would spread demand out a bit.

Software is most likely since we know NOTHING about the app store since it is not even open. He specifically says none of the bloggers hit on it so my guess is Google Voice or something like mass storage on cloud for a fee.

It could also be an attention grabbing comment with no substance. Not like we haven't seen that already or anything.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I am intrigued. Here's to hoping that it's not simply an app, but rather an integral part of the phone.
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I hoping for a 16gb version at launch!
    He said its something we haven't speculated on.....

How about handheld microwave, taser, and pocket knife features? lol I mean seriously; if we haven't discussed it, it's not something we want.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    He said its something we haven't speculated on.....

How about handheld microwave, taser, and pocket knife features? lol I mean seriously; if we haven't discussed it, it's not something we want.
    Actually, he said blogs hadn't speculated on it, and I'm guessing that he's talking about blogs, not forums. I'd be willing to further guess that comments left on said blogs were not what he was talking about either.
    If they did come out with a 16gb version a few weeks after launch, would any of you wait?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    How about iTunes support. I don't recall seeing any music player other then the pandora app.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    If they did come out with a 16gb version a few weeks after launch, would any of you wait?
    I'd probably wait until the pre 2 to get the expanded memory option.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    That would be one bizarre launch. To release one model, then another a few weeks later. But if that was the case. Yes. Yes, I would wait.

My guess is if there's something, it has to do with the app store and/or the SDK, and not directly with the phone itself.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm a Mac user but I dislike Mossberg too because of how he cant review a product without referring to Apple and how they do it better. He does seem to get first shot at everything though so if a secret feature exists then he's the guy who'll get to see it.
    If there was a writer that said nothing but good stuff about Palm I wouldn't mind!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    When he says: "that the Palm Pre's going to be about to do..." this implies to me they will discuss features coming via OTA update at an indefinite point after launch.

This makes sense because now that the user guide is leaked and nothing we don't know is discovered, it would be odd for a phone to ship with features not explained in any capacity.

Either that or a very killer app. I don't even think Slingbox over 3G would warrant this sort of hype.
    Two things. One, I'm almost positive there is a software upgrade coming on the phone, perhaps the day of the launch. I've heard rumblings that the upgrade is massive. Two, there is a simple reason why I would believe they still have something up their sleeve: no help yet. The help section is banned for use until launch. Why else would they ban that unless they had something in there to hide?
    A massive software upgrade at launch is not the greatest plan in the world. Ideally they'd want a tested version at launch.
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast