Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    How is pandora? Like lets say I want to play the whole darkside of the moon album, is that possible, or is pandora like Last.fm, where you can just skip to the next track that they pick for you?
    It's probably just a bottle opener or toothpick; or an iPhone emulator ...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    maybe that you can develop apps for the phone in cocoa
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    How is pandora? Like lets say I want to play the whole darkside of the moon album, is that possible, or is pandora like Last.fm, where you can just skip to the next track that they pick for you?
    Pandora plays songs that are similar to an artist you enter.

Ex: Say I put in Britney Spears, it'll play songs similar to Britney like Christina Aguilera and etc.

Lame example but it was the easiest I could think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownpleasures View Post
    Pandora plays songs that are similar to an artist you enter.

Ex: Say I put in Britney Spears, it'll play songs similar to Britney like Christina Aguilera and etc.

Lame example but it was the easiest I could think of.
    That's what I thought, that wouldn't help with the lack of space. With Napster (or microsoft's zune service, I think) you type in an album song or artist, and get to listen to it, just like if you actually had the song on your ipod. I like the concept of Pandora, but would prefer an on demand service.

Oh and GO WINGS! I grew up playing hockey in Livonia.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I think it would have to be an "App".
    Something nobody has considered.
    They said it was something NOT EVEN IN THE BLOGS yet.
    So i would think it has to do with an app (wouldn't affect the manuals).
    The question is.... which app?

Just my thought.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    What he/she said.
    Touchscreen keyboard ,
    which means you do not need to slide the physical keyboard.

Hope you are clear on this.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    I think it would have to be an "App".
    Something nobody has considered.
    They said it was something NOT EVEN IN THE BLOGS yet.
    So i would think it has to do with an app (wouldn't affect the manuals).
    The question is.... which app?

Just my thought.
    hmm,
    I tend to agree with you.
    I haven't paid attention to that "NOT EVEN IN THE BLOGS" statement.
    It could be a killer APP folks might die to buy
    MAY BE iTunes ????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    16gb version or inclusion of microsd slot, slingplayer (over 3G)....
    MicroSD is what I was thinking.....I remember that video of a GSM PRE running and the presentor opened the phone and we saw a GSM slot. Why not have a microslot for us CDMA folks??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    What about a subscription based service for additional storage from Palm giving essentially unlimited storage over 3G or WiFi. If it's handled via a downloadable app in the app store then it may not even be mentioned in the user manual.
    OLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    What about a subscription based service for additional storage from Palm giving essentially unlimited storage over 3G or WiFi. If it's handled via a downloadable app in the app store then it may not even be mentioned in the user manual.
    User manuals are always subject to change and thus are really irrelevant at this point. Palm could add any functionality they want in an over-the-air update and simply update the manual at the same time.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Now, this has been bantered about on these forums, but I have yet to see it discussed on the blogs...

I think this would really take the wind out of the sails on the 32 GB iPhone.

iPhoner: "Dude, I've got, like, thirty-two gigs on this new sucka! How much you holdin'"

Prer: "Eight gigabytes.."

iPhoner: "Dude, that's lame..."

Prer: "... on board. I have over a hundred gigabytes of cloud based storage."

iPhoner: "Uhh... like, what?"

Prer: "Here let me show how it works. Let me call up my copy of Ben Hur."

iPhoner: "Whoa..."
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Now, this has been bantered about on these forums, but I have yet to see it discussed on the blogs...

I think this would really take the wind out of the sails on the 32 GB iPhone.

iPhoner: "Dude, I've got, like, thirty-two gigs on this new sucka! How much you holdin'"

Prer: "Eight gigabytes.."

iPhoner: "Dude, that's lame..."

Prer: "... on board. I have over a hundred gigabytes of cloud based storage."

iPhoner: "Uhh... like, what?"

Prer: "Here let me show how it works. Let me call up my copy of Ben Hur."

iPhoner: "Whoa..."
    I find this really unlikely if they won't even let you download music over 3G.
    I'm guessing a new peripheral like a bluetooth headset? That's really the only thing that has not come up in the forums/blogs...
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Find a hotspot. Problem solved.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I'm guessing Google voice or Cloud mass storage.

I'd suspect Palm wants to get into the same mix as Apple on the MobileMe revenue stream but instead offer Mass storage on their servers accessible via WiFi. If it was over EDVO it would be super. Either way it will be hacked if released.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Some people have stated that the reason for that might be because of the agreement Amazon has with the record companies, not Sprint.

I mean I find it hard to believe that Sprint will let you stream live TV and videos over 3G but won't let you download some songs. You could always have downloaded songs over 3G in the past when it was from their Sprint Music app.

Also mentioned before was that the iphone didn't support 3G downloads of music until a while ago when the prices changed. So it might have required something different in the contract then.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Find a hotspot. Problem solved.

Same solution for Sling on the iPhone. Neither are acceptable.
    Just brainstorming here, so some will be totally ridiculous, but could be fun:

1) How about if the screen could rotate to landscape when the keyboard is extended? Not a big deal for me, but some have mentioned a preference for landscape view when browsing. Also, would match with the early photos and be a reason for the overprotectiveness of the reps when letting people handle the Pre.

2) Definitely like the cloud storage concept. Seems a natural fit.

3) Some kind of online desktop syncing app? If Palm is going to offer some kind of online/over the air backup system, this would seem a natural fit and fill a definite need to those tethered to Outlook and such.

4) Went back to the drawing board and crammed in a microSD slot after Palm execs saw the initial loyalist reaction?

5) Some new partnerships: Rhapsody? FranklinCovey? Some kind of game maker?

6) Opening of the app store with some large number of applications available.

7) Formal releasing of the full SDK (I think that's what its called) so developers can really use the full power of the Pre.

Just some musings. Have fun.

Gargoyle
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast