Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    The manual is at least as easy to update as the software on the phone. What makes you think the final version is what got leaked? Given that it's a soft copy and not a printed manual, and there are a few inconsistencies that we've found, I bet this gets changed right along with a software update.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Slightly off-topic, I'm still surprised at how much the tech-world keeps one foot planted firmly in the past. In my opinion, Palm should save themselves the expense of a printed manual, and have those PDFs downloadable only.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the desktop program came on the Palm Pro instead of a CD. Though I never owned that device, I remember thinking "Gee, it's about time!"

Palm could save a lot of printing (and reprinting) expense by having a very basic getting started guide (of the "this is how you hook it up" variety), and making the manual downloadable.
    what time is the palm conference supposed to be.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    on SCREEN KEY BOARD
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    GoogleVoice integration! That would rule and invalidate the need for visual voicemail. The only problem with my theory is that this is a Palm announcement and that would have to be a collaboration between Palm, Sprint, and Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    what time is the palm conference supposed to be.
    Rubinstein will be speaking tomorrow around Noon.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Is anyone at D7 to find out? If not, what's the best source of info from that conference?
    i'm following @allthingsd on Twitter
    I'm rooting for the GoogleVoice integration personally. I agree that FTC would have shown us any new radio chips.
    It will include software that will use the Wifi signal to interrupt nearby iPhones.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek View Post
    I'm rooting for the GoogleVoice integration personally. I agree that FTC would have shown us any new radio chips.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Someone mentioned it's not something that's been speculated on. Rules out flash probably.
    That was Mossberg. But one has to assume that Mossberg's visited every Pre blog/site out there. Somehow, I doubt it--I see him as a little more insulated than that.

I vote for Hulu. As in, a vote, not a prediction... Hulu's the kind of thing that, to me, would turn the Pre into the preeminent (not intended!) entertainment device. That, and better game support than announced so far.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    16gb version or inclusion of microsd slot, slingplayer (over 3G)....
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    16gb version or inclusion of microsd slot....
    I think would would have seen something in the user manual though
    Teaming up with a music streaming service like Napster would be pretty huge. So would Hulu for sure. Having those 2 partners would imo, kill the need for more than 8gb.
    Another hopeful vote for Google Voice.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    i got it - confimration the EOS exists!

(Actually - that would be stupid to do, considering they haven't sold on epre , but whatever)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Teaming up with a music streaming service like Napster would be pretty huge. So would Hulu for sure. Having those 2 partners would imo, kill the need for more than 8gb.
    Would it kill the need to be able to carry more videos, pictures, and apps that might not fit in the 8gig?
    I'm honestly fine with what I know of the Pre. Announce a few color options and a new touchstone peripheral and I'm fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    on SCREEN KEY BOARD
    What he/she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Would it kill the need to be able to carry more videos, pictures, and apps that might not fit in the 8gig?
    Okay, I guess diminish was the word I was looking for, kill was a bit overkill.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    They have a pretty strong relationship with Pandora so I'd be surprised to see another streaming music service out of the box. Maybe a Pandora 'Pre'mium service. Hulu would be awesome, but I pick 50GB of cloud storage or Google Voice integration.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast