Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    My prediction is that Steve Jobs will introduce this at the WWDC as the new iPhone! HA!
    oh joy!! possible new palm pre goodies on my birthday oh and regardless of what mossberg says, i'm listening to the stuff that comes straight from palm. there is one thing that makes me "iffy" about these new unspeculated features though. if there are a few more things that we don't know, then wouldn't they be listed in all of the leaked documentation and users guides that has been hitting the web lately?? hmmmm...
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    A massive software upgrade at launch is not the greatest plan in the world. Ideally they'd want a tested version at launch.
    True, but they could have a special set of beta testers that are more trusted to keep a secret.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Video recording? I dont know if that deserves so much hype (at least for me).
    I predict Google Voice will come out of beta and the Pre will have built-in support for the service.... which I would LOVE to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldfrombigd View Post
    Video recording? I dont know if that deserves so much hype (at least for me).
    Since apple will probably spark some renewed interest in video recording in 3.0, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    He said its something we haven't speculated on.....

How about handheld microwave, taser, and pocket knife features? lol I mean seriously; if we haven't discussed it, it's not something we want.
    It can't be a taser. I already speculated on that.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    My prediction is that Steve Jobs will introduce this at the WWDC as the new iPhone! HA!
    4G.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Maybe they'll take my idea. I emailed them and told them to get Netflix to make an app for it supporting Streaming movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo View Post
    How about iTunes support. I don't recall seeing any music player other then the pandora app.
    There was a video with Peter Skillman at CES presenting the Pre, in which he mentioned that he could use the USB connector to, among other things, "sync with iTunes," though he didn't elaborate. Several videos show the Pre's native music player.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    What do you guys think Palm will announce at D7 today? I can't really think of anything really big other than Flash support, but they said that it won't be available at launch. Or they might release some new apps. What do you guys think?
    Someone mentioned it's not something that's been speculated on. Rules out flash probably.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    It would definitely have to be software, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    It would definitely have to be software, no?
    unless they have done an amazing job hiding some key hardware facts - though some people have suggested this on this board, i serioulsy dought it.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Assuming that the user guides are final, there dosent seem to be any way that any huge new features can be announced. The manual says no flash, no sd card, dosent mention voice dialing, no mention of any bluetooth functionality other than audio (no OBEX, keyboard etc.). I hope the manual is incomplete or there is no way a significant new feature would be included but undocumented.
    Is anyone at D7 to find out? If not, what's the best source of info from that conference?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    Assuming that the user guides are final, there dosent seem to be any way that any huge new features can be announced. The manual says no flash, no sd card, dosent mention voice dialing, no mention of any bluetooth functionality other than audio (no OBEX, keyboard etc.). I hope the manual is incomplete or there is no way a significant new feature would be included but undocumented.
    The manual is at least as easy to update as the software on the phone. What makes you think the final version is what got leaked? Given that it's a soft copy and not a printed manual, and there are a few inconsistencies that we've found, I bet this gets changed right along with a software update.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    To narrow things down I think that whatever their 'supprise' is, it:

-Cant have to do with radios, as the FCC would have spilled the beans.

-Probably wont effect any area Sprint's leaked training materials have already covered. No company would waste both the money and the training time of their employees on information that was about to change.

Thus I think that any 'new' feature will be in an area not yet covered by the training materials or an extension of a covered feature that doesnt change its essential function.

Perhaps some kind of slick, location aware profile app or partnership with a streaming media provider.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Is anyone at D7 to find out? If not, what's the best source of info from that conference?
    Engadget

They said they would be live blogging from the presentations.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast