Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000 View Post
    They demoed Pre syncing with iTunes. That was never seen before. Maybe not huge news, but still a very good feature of the Pre. Looks like cover art was synced as well. Keep in mind -- no other phone except the iPhone syncs with iTunes.
    False.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan7 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I realize the iTunes announcement is a big deal. Like Derek said, we only heard about the iTunes integration today. However, since I've absolutely productionless today from refreshing every website/blog/forum I could hit trying to find new news, it feels like old news. I do think this will definitely broaden the appeal of the Pre.

The only question that remains is will Apple truly kill this, either through litigation or a software "upgrade" in iTunes?
    Truly if they did it would have to remove the ability for it to sync to all media devices not apple. Again other people can sync to other items. Unless Itunes shows it is synced like an Ipod/Iphone then Apple can cry all they want. It makes sense since a lot of potential customers use this but Palm didn't demo anything unseen so this still doesn't feel like the hype was met for a big announcement.
    They demoed Pre syncing with iTunes. That was never seen before. Maybe not huge news, but still a very good feature of the Pre. Looks like cover art was synced as well. Keep in mind -- no other phone except the iPhone syncs with iTunes.
    i do think the itunes thing is a big deal though since it removes the barrier many might have from switching over.

i wonder if apple is happy or mad and if they'll sue.

1. good for Apple - promotes their platform as a "standard" and sell more tunes via itunes.

2. bad for Apple - less iphone sales? but really how many?

i say it's a win-win for Palm and Apple.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    A dozen apps at launch?? Boy i'm going to get bored of them quite fast, hopefully more apps will follow pretty soon. I will still have 30 days to return it though.

I do like the idea of an App store with ratings, don't care about ItuneSync with 8 gig of space there isn't going to be much of that going on -
    Yeah, a let down for us because we had built it up into something really gigantic and amazing. But watch, this will be big news on all the tech blogs. They've pretty much made the Mac (and iTunes on Windows) think that this is an iPod. So that means they get to leverage Apple's ecosystem (sans DRM).

This absolutely will remove a barrier for current iPhone/Mac users. It's really more of a marketing move than anything else (and it does kind of stick it in Apple's eye).

It's going to be big news, you watch. Do a search later tonight in Google for Pre and iTunes--I bet you get a ton of hits.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    disappointed
    poor barrera on a personal mission tracking this thing just wasted like 72 hours of his life that he'll never get back.
    Itunes sync is official! That's good news to me. Also, cool that they showed off the app store.

Nothing amazing announced but I didn't get my hopes up.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Support of this new Google Wave Google Wave unveiled, new live chat medium for browsers, iPhone and Android could of been a nice surprise! blah!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan7 View Post
    .....SNIP.....
    The only question that remains is will Apple truly kill this, either through litigation or a software "upgrade" in iTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by latinmaxima View Post
    Quoted from d7.allthingsd.com/ D7 Highlights | AllThingsD
    .....SNIP.....
    •Does Palm worry that Apple might break the Pre’s iTunes sync feature? McNamee doesn’t seem to think so. “We’re recognizing their market dominance …. and they can’t tell people what to do with their music.
    .....SNIP.....
    Looks like McNamee answered my question. Thanks for pasting the full quote from d7, LatinMaxima.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Yeah, a let down for us because we had built it up into something really gigantic and amazing. But watch, this will be big news on all the tech blogs. They've pretty much made the Mac (and iTunes on Windows) think that this is an iPod. So that means they get to leverage Apple's ecosystem (sans DRM).

This absolutely will remove a barrier for current iPhone/Mac users. It's really more of a marketing move than anything else (and it does kind of stick it in Apple's eye).

It's going to be big news, you watch. Do a search later tonight in Google for Pre and iTunes--I bet you get a ton of hits.
    I agree with you. My wife didn't want a pre because she has a macbook and is tied to itunes. She loves the fact that her music syncs so easily with her iphone. She has been wanting to get away from the iphone because ATT is doodoo and T-mobile has really slow data where we live. Now she is thrilled to death to get a pre because she can just hook it up to her itunes and sync her gym playlist over.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I was hoping for something along the lines of "beaming" contact via bluetooth.
    That would have been a nice feature as well to announce.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    False.
    Clarify?
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Should I use my right hand or my left? I tend to get better results with the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Its strange when I am the most positive one around here. I thought it was a good announcement.
    Because you're like me, You're not critical about every single tiny thing that is said about this phone.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    With all of the LTE talk from the big bad "V" network today, hoping for Wimax todo today @ the D7.
    Oh well.
    I also think it is very positive but am dissapointed that the BIG announcement was simply that. That was speculated on the blogs and forums on different sites. Fanboys bragged it still couldn't compete with syncing music and Itunes and it can so that is in their face. I just guess my hopes were higher. The other great thing I heard from that was they are in full production and Sprint will be getting daily stock from them so the PRE shortage shouldn't last long for those who can't get it the first day...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    So this apple syncing is only important if you have a mac, right? Itunes on windows is a bloated mess, and if you can sync in windows as well I will definitely be drag and dropping like it's an exteral hd device instead.
    I glanced over the engadget blog, and apparently that was all that was exciting?

If iTunes was it, then that was a bit of a let down. But Walt was right, no one really speculated about that.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If that was it then that was a huge let down. I was hoping for something a little more exciting , especially being so close to the launch.