Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I think itunes sync is a bigger thing than most of you think. It may get alot of people that have iphones or ipods to make the pre their main device. Especially if you already have all of your music set up in itunes.
    That's true, and it seems that Mossberg thought it was pretty important.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Poor Roger..foot in mouth. Should've left the mirror alone..
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    You know all the Buzz and Excitement coming out of CES?

This has none of it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I hope the big story doesn't end up being the Roger/Kara "phone for girls" debate.
    Dont tell me it was the itnues sync.......
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Oh no, Roger is doing it again. JUST STOP, CLOSE YOUR MOUTH. JON DO SOMETHING.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Perhaps Kara needs to remove the b

Oh, nevermind.
    that guys hands are NASTY!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The Palm guys are coming of as chauvinists. This isn't good. Synonymizing mirrors with women will get you a backlash from women. The Palm is for the sophisticated crowd, and sophisticates will take issue with this. Palm: Shut up and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    WOW, Kara taking issue to the mirror comment......GEEZ GET OVER IT - thats nothing to the crap that comes out of Bidens mouth!!!!!!!!
    Are you capable of making a post that doesn't make you sound like some dittohead?

It was a stupid comment and she ribbed him for it. Big effen deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Am i the only one that's a bit turned off with this? I didn't want the itunes experience. Apple has some legit gripes now.
    You don't need to use itunes. Why are you turned off by Palm giving people the option?
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    The Palm guys are coming of as chauvinists. This isn't good. Synonymizing mirrors with women will get you a backlash from women. The Palm is for the sophisticated crowd, and sophisticates will take issue with this. Palm: Shut up and move on.
    What is a sophisticate?
    i dont care about itunes hopefully theres something else
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    12:58PM Kara: What about developers? How do you get them to focus away from the iPhone.

Jon: I don't think we need to get them to focus off the iPhone. We created webOS with developers in mind. That's part of our culture. We wanted to make this incredibly easy to develop for. Web standards...

Walt: Two questions. You haven't distributed that to developers yet, and this is days from launch. Why?
    Hopefully the answers to these questions will give hope to the Pre-community.
    Months? Ouch.

"
    Walt: So when will the SDK be openly available?

Jon: Over the next few months we'll be releasing the open SDK. Yes it's based on web standards, but the SDK is ours."
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    wonder what this means...

Jon: We are in full production. We're shipping lots of devices. I suspect because of the demand that there will be shortages.
    "Walt is asking him about supply problems and rebate issues. Basically, he’s asking, where can we get these phones? Jon agrees there will be shortages, but provides no real answers to the question."

Nice
    where are you guys getting the live feed
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You don't need to use itunes. Why are you turned off by Palm giving people the option?
    Because its no big deal. As you said, you don't need to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    i dont care about itunes hopefully theres something else
    I agree. One reason I stayed away from the iPhone was that you had to do everything through iTunes. I don't like iTunes and have always found it to be essentially one big clunky shopping cart. I hope there's something too but I wonder if we didn't all build this up to be some big bombshell event when it was really just some publicity and q&a.