1.    #1  
    It’s been a long time waiting for this day to finally come. I never followed a new product launch this closely for this period of time before in all my life. It’s been almost two years of searching web sites, listening to podcasts, blogs, print articles, twitter searches and watching TV for any Palm related news. I was always a fan of Palm’s pda’s and now use a Centro, but I never considered myself a Palm fanatic. I think what kept my interest was the whole underdog\comeback angle of the story. It will be fun to see if they can pull it off.

We will soon find out if they can, but either way I’m never doing this again!
    You say that now...wait till Palm introduces their next webOS phones. The Pre 2 might have everything everyone wanted but didn't get from the Pre. I said I'd never do this again either, but being the gadget addict I am - I just know that Jon Rubenstein has a LOT of things coming up for Palm. What a wild ride since CES
  3.    #3  
    I hear what you are saying, I know there should be new devices that build on webOS coming soon. But its not going to be the same thing as waiting almost 2 years under complete secrey for the new OS and first device to be introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I think what kept my interest was the whole underdog\comeback angle of the story. It will be fun to see if they can pull it off.
    It would be interesting if Palm is able rise up from its current position. As the old posts would say it, would this be the final nail in the coffin?
    I hear what you are saying, I know there should be new devices that build on webOS coming soon. But its not going to be the same thing as waiting almost 2 years under complete secrey for the new OS and first device to be introduced.
    so true! Yeah it's almost hard to believe it took them that long to finally get past the old OS and into the 21st century lol
    Ha. You should try following the Apple Tablet rumors. Those have only been swirling for the better part of five years now.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  7.    #7  
    Thinking back it was pretty amazing how they kept webOS and the Pre under raps for so long.
    Thinking back it was pretty amazing how they kept webOS and the Pre under raps for so long.
    Indeed, though I think it's safe to say that tech pundits had all but given up on Palm and weren't horribly interested in what may have leaked out of Palm.

But that said, not much leaked to begin with. It was really impressive stuff.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    You know what, it's stressful to follow a product launch like this, but I always end up doing it every time.
    oh we all know we'd do it again in a heartbeat, who are we kidding??
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    You know what, it's stressful to follow a product launch like this, but I always end up doing it every time.
    +1
    divide by 3, then multiply by 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Ha. You should try following the Apple Tablet rumors. Those have only been swirling for the better part of five years now.
    And if they do launch it they will say it is the first tablet pc and revolutionary in its field.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    So what was the last thing you waited for with bated breath like you're doing with the Pre?

For me it would probably be the Genica MPTrip which was I believe one of the first MP3 CD players to be released (regretted it; cheap in all regards). Before that it would have been ... the SNES?
    I don't think I've ever wanted and tracked a device (or anything for that matter) than the pre. My constant need for Pre information became so much more of an obsession than a hobby. My girlfriend now refers to us as You, Me, & the Pre.
    Given my 2 year agreement issues, I won't go for this more often than that. Of course, I guess Premier status let's me go for it every 12 months.

I've been rooting for Palm, but 5 years to retire Garnet is just excessive. I loved the simplicity and openness of Palm OS and the developer community. A bud of mine from school created BackupBuddy and did quite well for himself.

I liked Apple doing well against MS and Sony has DISAPPEARED.

Frankly, I'm just waiting for someone to build the tri-corder so we can get this search for the holy grail over with. Voice Recognition in a mobile platform seems one obstacle and the other is projection of images in a small device. Both of these have battery/hardware limitations that won't be overcome shortly. Until then, we make cool, but small steps forward.

One day, I get a tri-corder that fits on my label, responds to voice commands and can project video on the wall.

Then I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by decaren View Post
    I don't think I've ever wanted and tracked a device (or anything for that matter) than the pre. My constant need for Pre information became so much more of an obsession than a hobby. My girlfriend now refers to us as You, Me, & the Pre.
    Yeah, everyone that I know tells me to shut up about the Pre now .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yeah, everyone that I know tells me to shut up about the Pre now .
    me to. my fiance things i spend more time on this then our wedding ..... the scary part is might just do that
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Palm Pre cake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Palm Pre cake!!!
    The Palm Pre cake is a lie.