Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with Sprint to convert my $60 Family 550(SM) Talk Plan - 550 Shared Minutes with two $15 data packs (one for my 755p and my wife's Centro) and $7.50 unlimited text (total about $98/month) to an Everything Data Share 1500 plan for $129. Additionally, because I follow all of the Palm Pre forums, I'd read about 10% discount as a credit union member. The customer service rep did not know about the discount - had to confirm it with her supervisor. You need to ask them about it before June 30th (after which it expires).

So with the $13 discount, I will be charged about $117 - which is only about $20 more than I am paying now I called because I was concerned about the rush that might occur once we get closer to the launch date. Ironically, though, I'm still going to have to renew the 2 year contract I renewed today again when I get the Pre. But as an incentive for me to go ahead and renew today, they said I was eligible for a $50 discount off my current bill - SWEET!!! (They said I was a Premier customer, having been with Spring over 10 years).

So when I call about ordering the Pre (no waiting in line for me), I'll have to renew again and my discount ($150) and rebates will still bring the bill down to the $199.

I'm a happy camper... and can't wait for the Pre!!
    seems like a smart move. congrats and enjoy.
    I probably would have just done it at the same time, especially since you aren't even going to wait in a line. You probably won't get the phone until the 9th or 10th anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I probably would have just done it at the same time, especially since you aren't even going to wait in a line. You probably won't get the phone until the 9th or 10th anyways.
    nah this sets him up nicely for the Pre. no plan qualification glitches to contend with on D-Day in the heat of the battle.

every battle is won - BEFORE it's ever fought. think about it.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Yeah pretty smart idea.
    I've been on this plan for almost a year now. For the money I think its a great plan.
    somebody set him up the Pre.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I have Talk Message Data 1500/3lines.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    You can also choose to have them end it at the end of your billings cycle. Mine ends June 4th and we'll be going from an old Friends and Family Retention 2500 minute plan to Everything Data 3000.

It's a good idea to do it now. Even the Sprint CS Rep who helped me thinks that things are going to be crazy on the 6th...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  10.    #10  
    ..even if I have to wait several days to get it after ordering, that's okay. I'll still be reading the forums learning from those who just got theirs. The learning curve for this phone will be steep for me, so a little patience is okay. I will also be looking forward over the next 6 months and more to the myriad of new applications that will certainly be flowing out rapidly. One I hope that occurs early is video recording. I do expect it as the ATT Eos (Pixie??) specs seem to already have video recording listed (if that source is to be trusted). I've used video recording on my 755p to capture unexpected moments (especially since most of us don't walk around with video cameras).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nah this sets him up nicely for the Pre. no plan qualification glitches to contend with on D-Day in the heat of the battle.

every battle is won - BEFORE it's ever fought. think about it.
    but it only takes a few minutes to change plans... you could do it on the same call...

I could see someone doing this if they were going to pick one up locally and didn't want to waste any time in the store--changing plans...

It sure would suck to find out that somehow SERO works
    but it only takes a few minutes to change plans... you could do it on the same call...

I could see someone doing this if they were going to pick one up locally and didn't want to waste any time in the store--changing plans...

it would suck if your order is delayed due to plan change snafus and you miss the last Pre in stock.

i think you're afraid to give up SERO and you want to try to hang on to it until the bitter end.
  14.    #14  
    I was on the phone for 45 minutes, and put on hold several times - mainly regarding the 10% discount. Otherwise, I think it would have gone more smoothly. If the person you are talking to on the 5th od 6th knows nothing about the credit union discount (or any others you might be eligible for), then the call can be long and potentially frustrating.
    Thing is---if you're ordering on the phone, you clearly don't care about getting the phone quickly
    murphy's law will rule on june 5/6. IMO, clear out all obstacles to your Pre in advance as best you can.
  17.    #17  
    I do want the phone early. I guess it depends on what your definition of Early is. If I get the phone within 3-5 days of it's launch via ordering online or telephone, that's fine with me. While I'm not old, I'm also not real young... and thus a few days wait isn't a real big deal to me. I'll still be very excited in the interim ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I do want the phone early. I guess it depends on what your definition of Early is. If I get the phone within 3-5 days of it's launch via ordering online or telephone, that's fine with me. While I'm not old, I'm also not real young... and thus a few days wait isn't a real big deal to me. I'll still be very excited in the interim ;-)
    I guess it just seems like someone who buys a gas can a month before they get a new car...
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Just got off the phone with Sprint to convert my $60 Family 550(SM) Talk Plan - 550 Shared Minutes with two $15 data packs (one for my 755p and my wife's Centro) and $7.50 unlimited text (total about $98/month) to an Everything Data Share 1500 plan for $129. Additionally, because I follow all of the Palm Pre forums, I'd read about 10% discount as a credit union member. The customer service rep did not know about the discount - had to confirm it with her supervisor. You need to ask them about it before June 30th (after which it expires).

So with the $13 discount, I will be charged about $117 - which is only about $20 more than I am paying now I called because I was concerned about the rush that might occur once we get closer to the launch date. Ironically, though, I'm still going to have to renew the 2 year contract I renewed today again when I get the Pre. But as an incentive for me to go ahead and renew today, they said I was eligible for a $50 discount off my current bill - SWEET!!! (They said I was a Premier customer, having been with Spring over 10 years).

So when I call about ordering the Pre (no waiting in line for me), I'll have to renew again and my discount ($150) and rebates will still bring the bill down to the $199.

I'm a happy camper... and can't wait for the Pre!!
    Call back and give them the code NAACU_ZZZ and you will get 25% off.
  20.    #20  
    Beanis...What does this code do?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast