Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Call back and give them the code NAACU_ZZZ and you will get 25% off.
    is that a credit union code or a corporate code?
    Yeah I switched over last week just in case something went wrong... glad I did too cause it took them 3 days to port over my number. Now when I get the Pre it'll be smooth sailing
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post

So when I call about ordering the Pre (no waiting in line for me), I'll have to renew again and my discount ($150) and rebates will still bring the bill down to the $199.
    SO it is still possible to go ahead and get the plan upgrade now and then upgrade again to buy the PRE? Im just do not want to lose my $150 rebate credit. Im trying to treat this with kid gloves because a lot is riding on this (like giving up my precious SERO ).
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    SO it is still possible to go ahead and get the plan upgrade now and then upgrade again to buy the PRE? Im just do not want to lose my $150 rebate credit. Im trying to treat this with kid gloves because a lot is riding on this (like giving up my precious SERO ).
    Yup. You have 30 days to switch phones, so if you were to upgrade now you'd still get all the Pre discounts. You may want to mention that you are switching early though; I did and they gave me a Rant to play with until June 6th.

And I was give the 25% discount for working at Sears, but there are numerous other places you care be associated with and get a discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Yup. You have 30 days to switch phones, so if you were to upgrade now you'd still get all the Pre discounts. You may want to mention that you are switching early though; I did and they gave me a Rant to play with until June 6th.

And I was give the 25% discount for working at Sears, but there are numerous other places you care be associated with and get a discount.
    So you went in store? If thats the case, this might be the best scenario for me. Also, If I could pull of the 25% off, then it would only put me at 10 more than what I pay now. And I wouldnt mind giving up the SERO. Any list out there to see who is eligible for the 25% off? I belong to a credit union (Universal 1 Credit Union) if that helps.

**EDIT**

I just seen the list of discounts. My dad works at the VA Medical Center and gets 25% off, problem is, we have separate accounts. I wonder if they will apply it to both of our bills.... Hummmmm... Any suggestions?
    Last edited by CJDynasty; 05/26/2009 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    I just seen the list of discounts. My dad works at the VA Medical Center and gets 25% off, problem is, we have separate accounts. I wonder if they will apply it to both of our bills.... Hummmmm... Any suggestions?
    If your dad has a company email address, then you should be able to just add the discount to your account.

Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email

But really, Most sprint employees will give it to you anyways (your dads discount I mean.) Like even for me, then didn't check to see if I really did work at sears at all (I really do btw lol) so yeah. If anything, there are a lot of other places you can get the discount from as well, and some are really easy to be a part of.

And yeah I did it all in store.
    If your dad has a company email address, then you should be able to just add the discount to your account.

Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email

But really, Most sprint employees will give it to you anyways (your dads discount I mean.) Like even for me, then didn't check to see if I really did work at sears at all (I really do btw lol) so yeah. If anything, there are a lot of other places you can get the discount from as well, and some are really easy to be a part of.

And yeah I did it all in store.
    Great, well Im going to go to the store with my dad. In the mean time, I will see if he has a work email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I probably would have just done it at the same time, especially since you aren't even going to wait in a line. You probably won't get the phone until the 9th or 10th anyways.
    I disagree. I think he did a smart move. Think about the $50 off his bill for signing a new contract now.

He (likely) would not have gotten that offer the day he bought the Pre - why offer $50 to renew a contract when he is renewing anyway?

I got the same offer today, except it was $100 for both lines ($50 each). It was a no brainer. I will be signing another new contract in 10 days, and my wife will likely be signing a new on in August. The rep confirmed (several times) that we would both be eligible for new customer pricing on the phones we choose, including the Pre for $199 after rebates.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Changed over to "Everything Data Family $129.99 Plan" from my SERO plan & added 25% company discount. They also included my 1st incoming minute free & 3 numbers unlimited. Still pretty cheap IMO & less than the $109.00 EPRP Family plan. ( W/O Contract Renewel )
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 05/27/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Ok, well since this topic started I wanted some help people. here is my plan for 3 lines(been with sprint for about 8 years now)

50 dollars 1500 minutes family plan(2 lines)
    9.99 3rd line
    FREE unlimited text for lines 1,2
    1.50 for 500 texts for line 3
    10 unlimited power vision data pack for lines 1,2
    Line 3 doesnt have or need data
    7 dollars for insurance for line 1,2
    FREE unlimited call 3 number for free

I get a 10 dollar a month discount b/c when the ported to the new system last year I lost 500 minutes.

I also get 23 percent off of my bill for my corp discount.

Total I pay around 70 dollars a month.

If i switch over, I will be paying around 120 a month(including the two 7 dollar insurance for lines 1,2)

thats a 50 dollar increase!

I really wish I can just add the 30 dollar data plan to my line with the PRE. what would you guys do? 50 dollars a month is acrazy increase.

All 3 lines are out of contract and ALL eligible for upgrade prices.

I have been out of contract for 6 months now

thanks!
    anybody with any advice??
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    anybody with any advice??
    Yup.

Want to save money? Keep your plan and get a new basic phone.

Want the best thing since sliced bread? Get the Pre and upgrade your plan.
    Yup.

Want to save money? Keep your plan and get a new basic phone.

Want the best thing since sliced bread? Get the Pre and upgrade your plan.
    very helpful. lol

what would you do?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just changed my plan today also and found that I will save 5.00 a month on my bill by changing to the Everything Data plan. I had a chat session with a rep and she told me that if I qualify for sprint premier I would be notified. She couldn't do anything for me. I have been with sprint for 7 years and I have been paying about $80 a month for what feels like forever. I was on the Free and Clear $40 dollar plan before + 30 unlimited data. Was the rep wrong or do I really qualify for the premier?
    Can you guys clarify something (it's been mentioned a couple of times here)? Are you all sure that you need to renew your contract to change plans?
    Personally, I'm on the SERO 500 Fair & Flexible and I want to change to their Everything Data for $69/mth (minus 27% corporate discount from work).

If indeed it's required that you renew your contract, won't that kill your chances to get the 2yr contract $150 discount from the Pre next week?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Can you guys clarify something (it's been mentioned a couple of times here)? Are you all sure that you need to renew your contract to change plans?
    Personally, I'm on the SERO 500 Fair & Flexible and I want to change to their Everything Data for $69/mth (minus 27% corporate discount from work).

If indeed it's required that you renew your contract, won't that kill your chances to get the 2yr contract $150 discount from the Pre next week?
    No you don't have to renew your contract to change plans. I just changed mine about 1 hour ago online. It says it right on the website.
    Thanks mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post

• You do not need to renew your contract to change plans. I did that very thing last week, and did not agree to a new contract
    • Renewing your contract does not make you ineligible for new phone discounts. I was not aware of this until yesterday. I spoke with a CSR, she gave me a discount of $100 for renewing both contracts on our account. She stated several times that I would still be eligible for the $199 price for the Pre (after rebates), and put that information in my notes. She also stated that to get that $199 price, I would have to renew my contract (on that line) again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    very helpful. lol

what would you do?
    Nothing you can do right now. You HAVE to have an Everything Data plan to get the Pre - no way around it at launch. I have asked already about adding a $30 data option to my line because my wife and kids don't really need data - but no dice. This may very well change after the Pre is released and they catch up with demand. But if you want a Pre in the month of June, you are going to have to change your plan.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    If I'm not mistaken, the only reason people are signing contracts when changing plans is to take advantage of some offer. You can switch plans without signing a contract.

I updated my plan last week to a Sprint Everything Data plan and they offered me 10% off my base plan, and I confirmed that I'd still be able to get that 10% if I requested it the same time as I sign a new contract to get the Pre discounts / rebates. However, I'll have to look into this 25% business, that'd be sweet. As it is now, my bill is about $20 more expensive than it was on my old plan (though I now have twice the minutes, which I don't need.) If I could knock $20-30 off my bill (I'm on the $129 Everything Data Family plan), I'd be in great shape.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast